Persian kitten color prediction

Mishkahabib

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Persian girl is pregnant. She is full white with patches of ginger and some strands of black. The father of her babies is full white. What color could their kittens possibly be?

also what color kittens could I get if she had mated with my silver chinchilla persian.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Not enough information. All I can say is that, statistically speaking, around half the kittens are likely to be dominant white (assuming you mean the stud is dominant white). Assuming the mum is black tortoiseshell bicolour, the rest are most likely going to be red, black, or tortie with or without white. Hard to say anything about agouti or other modifiers without more information.

What is your girl registered as? Black tortoiseshell bicolour? It’s generally inadvisable to breed dominant white to a cat with the white spotting gene, as it increases the risk of deafness. Be sure to have the litter BAER tested, I hope the father is, as well.
What colour is the stud suspected to be under the white — can’t predict much of anything accurately without this info, either. What colours are is his pedigree/has he been tested for colour?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mishkahabib

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not enough information. All I can say is that, statistically speaking, around half the kittens are likely to be dominant white (assuming you mean the stud is dominant white). Assuming the mum is black tortoiseshell bicolour, the rest are most likely going to be red, black, or tortie with or without white. Hard to say anything about agouti or other modifiers without more information.

What is your girl registered as? Black tortoiseshell bicolour? It’s generally inadvisable to breed dominant white to a cat with the white spotting gene, as it increases the risk of deafness. Be sure to have the litter BAER tested, I hope the father is, as well.
What colour is the stud suspected to be under the white — can’t predict much of anything accurately without this info, either. What colours are is his pedigree/has he been tested for colour?
She is white and ginger like so. The male is white (second pic) thank you so much for your input 🙈
8A04E1FB-9403-48E4-8E1B-997BD61D0126.jpeg
54685970-7FC5-486D-9ECC-84AC9E61A6C3.jpeg