Persian breeders?

design1314

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I am wondering if anyone can recommend me a good and affordable Persian cat breeder? 🙏

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All purebred cats regardless of breed will be pricey. Starting around $1000 and upwards from there.

Anything less and more likely than not you're dealing with a backyard breeder or one who is just looking to turn a profit and therefore, you are risking health and behavior issues.

posiepurrs posiepurrs may be able to assist with recommendations and better particulars on Persians.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

design1314

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All purebred cats regardless of breed will be pricey. Starting around $1000 and upwards from there.

Anything less and more likely than not you're dealing with a backyard breeder or one who is just looking to turn a profit and therefore, you are risking health and behavior issues.

posiepurrs posiepurrs may be able to assist with recommendations and better particulars on Persians.
thanks. We’ve found some breeders on google and they are all 2000 and up. And mostly 3000 and up which seems a bit out of range.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try looking on the TICA and CFA web sites for registered breeders.

Cat shows are a great place to meet breeders and some of their cats. I'm not sure if the public are allowed at cat shows during these pandemic times. You can look up local shows and call to ask.

My purebred Abyssinian cost $750 from a reputable CFA registered breeder. Price will vary among catteries and the specific breed.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Price would depend on location and what exactly you are looking for. I know the silver breeders on the west coast get a lot more for the pet kittens they sell than the breeders in the east. The last cat I purchased (almost 4 years ago) was $3600 - but he was out of a national winning cat and was purchased as a show and breeding stud. Those plans fell through. When I was breeding, I usually placed my pets for $750, but haven't had a litter in years now so that price would be outdated now. When considering the price to high, consider what it costs the breeder to raise the kittens. In the years I was breeding I never made a profit. I didn't do it for money, I did it because I love the breed and wanted to show my own cats. The most important thing is to be certain to deal with a reputable breeder who does all the genetic testing, offers a health guarantee and provides support after getting your cat. Those breeders are not cheap. In some areas cat shows are open to spectators so if you live in one of those areas, visit a show and talk to the breeders. If you PM me and let me know what area you are looking in I may know someone. I am mostly familiar with the silver and golden breeders, but I do know a few who work with other colors.

Andi2021

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes My persians I purchased for breeding are pretty pricey $4400 for the female and $3400 for the male. One with Grand Champion Regional Winner in its bloodline and the other Grand Champion. Always be weary of the persians available for hundreds of dollars as I was unfortunately scammed once and purchased a male that was supposed to have breeding rights for $1200 and she was going to "mail the papers" I called and emailed over a year to get the supposed papers and ended up just getting a cat that I couldn't breed. It was a total frustration.