Perplexing cat behaio

Zenarchist

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat likes to sit near a door that leads to the outside. There is a slight breeze
I got the cat from the SPCA.I was told at one time I was told it was found outside.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: After reading your post I'm not sure what your question is - are you asking if it's okay for the cat to sit by the door or if the cat is doing it because it was previously an outdoor cat? Perhaps you could elaborate a bit more so that we can help you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zenarchist

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: After reading your post I'm not sure what your question is - are you asking if it's okay for the cat to sit by the door or if the cat is doing it because it was previously an outdoor cat? Perhaps you could elaborate a bit more.
Thanks I wanted to know if this behaviour is normal.
SPCA found her on the street
and had was bounced back and forth amongst several owners.
I posted the original to fast, thus it reads garbled.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's difficult to say what her reason for sitting by the back door is since: 1) she could be doing it because, as you said, there is a slight breeze which she enjoys, or 2) because she was used to being an outdoor kitty. Either way being bounced back and forth with several owners she will most likely take awhile to realize she's not leaving but thank you for adopting and giving her a forever home. :heartshape:

LAL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think she is just enjoying the more interesting smells coming from outside. Mine sits by any open (screened) door or window by preference.