Peppy- the SPOILED BABY!!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally I rescued Pepper's mom when she was pregnant just before a blizzard hit my area and before I could get her to an experienced foster home, she gave BIRTH to FIVE kittens in my bedroom!!
For a few months I had NINE cats in a small one bedroom apartment and let me tell you it was a CHALLENGE!!!

Can you find Pepper in this??

I noticed Zebra favored Pepper over others and I was worried about Zebra being left out since Spike and Buddy have such a strong bond so I decided to keep Pepper while finding homes for Sweetie (mom cat) and the 4 other kittens.

She got a bad case of conjunvitis as a kitten and since then, one of her eyes are always leaky- I have taken her to several vets and given her medience but it just comes and go..
This is her waiting for me to take her to the emergency vet one night.

Pepper is the SMALLEST of all but is soo full of personality! She is the most shy of all and REFUSE to come out until I am alone in the apt. She thinks I am her bodyguard- whenever Tango, Buddy or Spike starts bullying her she'd come running to me, jump on my lap knowing I'd stop them.

One CUTE quirk about her that I just found out with the help of some TCS members- she has a SILENT meow!!!!!!!!!!!!
She always meows like crazy in the mornings as I fill up the bathtub and will NOT stop meowing until I get into the tub then she'd get up on the edge of the tub and proceed to drink from the tub.
Tango and Spike followed her example so now all 3 will be sitting on edge of the tub EVERY MORNING waiting for me to get in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is 1 of her favorite toys... a liner from a cupboard!!

She generally can't stand Tango so I was surprised to see her that close to Tango! Hilarious poses huh?

I was teasing her with this napkin and she was swatting at it. Cute!

My.. What big teeth you have grandma!

Gotcha!

It FREAKED me out seeing her on top of the blinds rod in my old apt!! Other cats followed her example also. It was a miracle that the blinds didn't fall down!

Pepper's on the right while Zebra's on the climbing post.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought Pepper was a male.

But WHAT a cutie! I am so in love with black and white kitties.

And I know that "OMG" feeling of kitties being up on top of the blind rods! Flowerbelle (thankfully only 7 pounds) hopped up onto the top of our curtains in the bedroom, and I just about had a heart attack. But they seem to support her just fine. She lies up there quite a bit - and they haven't come down yet.

Pepper seems like such a cutie.

I got a little confused, but I think I figured it out. You already had Tango, Zebra, Spike and Buddy, and kept Pepper because Zebra liked her? And the rest went on to another foster mom or were adopted out? And now you also have Heidi as a "long term" foster, right? And Pepper, for whatever reason, hates Heidi?

It is so strange. Some people have great luck with females. But all of our females are horrible with new intros, and all the boys are so good. Spooky won't actively attack new girl kitties, but if they get anywhere near her, she'll spit and hiss and slap. But Flowerbelle and Ming Loy were both outgoing enough to just avoid Spooky and still roam the RV/House. Spooky would get over the hissing/spitting after about six months. And after about nine months, she accepts new girls. It's been that way with every new intro, including the fosters. But it seems like Pepper just has a serious problem with Heidi - and poor Heidi is just too shy.
I wrote up a bunch of ideas in the Heidi thread.

You sure have a cute bunch of kitties, that's for sure!
And SUCH a great meowmy!

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

She is gorgeous!

I love this picture!!
Yeah that's one of my favorite pictures too!

Originally Posted by LDG

I thought Pepper was a male.

But WHAT a cutie! I am so in love with black and white kitties.

And I know that "OMG" feeling of kitties being up on top of the blind rods! Flowerbelle (thankfully only 7 pounds) hopped up onto the top of our curtains in the bedroom, and I just about had a heart attack. But they seem to support her just fine. She lies up there quite a bit - and they haven't come down yet.

Pepper seems like such a cutie.

I got a little confused, but I think I figured it out. You already had Tango, Zebra, Spike and Buddy, and kept Pepper because Zebra liked her? And the rest went on to another foster mom or were adopted out? And now you also have Heidi as a "long term" foster, right? And Pepper, for whatever reason, hates Heidi?

It is so strange. Some people have great luck with females. But all of our females are horrible with new intros, and all the boys are so good. Spooky won't actively attack new girl kitties, but if they get anywhere near her, she'll spit and hiss and slap. But Flowerbelle and Ming Loy were both outgoing enough to just avoid Spooky and still roam the RV/House. Spooky would get over the hissing/spitting after about six months. And after about nine months, she accepts new girls. It's been that way with every new intro, including the fosters. But it seems like Pepper just has a serious problem with Heidi - and poor Heidi is just too shy.
I wrote up a bunch of ideas in the Heidi thread.

You sure have a cute bunch of kitties, that's for sure!
And SUCH a great meowmy!

Laurie
Thanks for the compliments!
Pepper is a real cutie and often makes me laugh and go awwwww. Actually Pepper was before Tango. Here's the order of cats I adopted or really THEY adopted me -
Sunniday (RB), Zebra, Spike/Buddy, Pepper, Tango then Heidi..

It's really odd how Pepper hates Heidi- I did everything right- introduced them slowly over a couple of weeks and things looked good then one day as Heidi came out of the litterbox, Pepper attacked her. Things went downhill quickly so I introduced them again (from scratch) but no luck.. However for a while, there have been no attacks soooo we'll see.. Keeping fingers crossed. I will check out your ideas in Heidi's thread and see if there's anything that I have not tried yet. THANKS!

THANKS for thinking that I'm a great meowmy!! That's the biggest compliment anyone can ever give me. I try my best but sometimes I just wonder..