"Pepper" needs a Home immediately!

beachcomber11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There is a cat named Pepper who is slated to be put down this coming Tuesday. She has been at the Orange County Animal Services in Orlando, Fl. since December 2, ,2022. Her family passed away so she and her siblings were placed there. She is the only one left. She is as sweet as can be. Healthy. Declawed, and 10 years old. She is miserable there and her mental state is beginning to decline. That is why animal services feels that she may be better off dead. She only has two more days to get adopted before being put down. The adoption fee is only between $10 - $30. Please somebody rescue her if you can.

Thanks,
Sue

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If someone puts up the adoption fee, would that help? Is there any rescue in the vicinity who has room or could connect her with a foster and get her out of there?
B beachcomber11 have you contacted cat rescues? I am nowhere near Florida unfortunately, but if you branched out into the states bordering north to you, could you find an opening for a safe place for her to go?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would post about the cat on the NextDoor Neighbor web site and ask those folks if anyone could foster. Also, ask them to spread the information around as well. Contact Welcome to Pet Rescue By Judy and see if they can help - they may have some contacts for fostering.

As Furballsmom Furballsmom has suggested, can you or someone pay some sort of fee to extend the time this cat can stay in the shelter while you continue to search for a home or foster?

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think I may have found her - it looks like she was rehomed, renamed to Baby, and then returned because after just a few days the new owners said she was hiding and not using the litter box appropriately. This cat is going to die because of stupid people. I can't take her in because of Feeby. I am really upset.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Ask about putting up the adoption fee. That has worked out here and buys the animal more time.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ask about putting up the adoption fee. That has worked out here and buys the animal more time.
I contacted OCAS, and the two rescues I mentioned above and told them all I will pay a fee to stop the euthanasia and/or for her to be taken in by a foster or adopter. I don't know why this, of all posts, has me so riled up.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
B beachcomber11 - and anyone else following this thread - the cat is NOT at risk of euthanasia as OCAS just responded to my request as to her current status.

I don't know what your involvement is with this cat, but I hope you will take advice as given above and seek out additional sources to hopefully find someone who may be willing to foster or adopt. If you are following this at all, please share if you know more information.

As I stated above, it would appear this cat was rehomed, renamed, and returned. So, her name seems to be Baby now. If you know otherwise it would be helpful to let us know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beachcomber11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
B beachcomber11 have you contacted cat rescues? I am nowhere near Florida unfortunately, but if you branched out into the states bordering north to you, could you find an opening for a safe place for her to go?

I'll do what I can. The problem is that many of the Rescues are already at capacity due so the housing crisis. Her human parents died at a bad time. Too bad that they did not think to make arrangements for their cats ahead of time. Thanks for the good advice.

beachcomber11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
B beachcomber11 - and anyone else following this thread - the cat is NOT at risk of euthanasia as OCAS just responded to my request as to her current status.

I don't know what your involvement is with this cat, but I hope you will take advice as given above and seek out additional sources to hopefully find someone who may be willing to foster or adopt. If you are following this at all, please share if you know more information.

As I stated above, it would appear this cat was rehomed, renamed, and returned. So, her name seems to be Baby now. If you know otherwise it would be helpful to let us know.
Thank you for checking with OCAS. I have not been able to find out anything more about Pepper since yesterday when I saw her still listed "for up for adoption" on their Site. I was told by others, who have more contact with Animal Services, that one of her four siblings was recently returned to the shelter after being adopted, but not her. Anyway, you have relieved my fears about her being up euthanized tomorrow. Hopefully, with all the publicity she has gotten in our area, someone will take notice and adopt her soon.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have not been able to find out anything more about Pepper since yesterday when I saw her still listed "for up for adoption" on their Site.
I am confused. Today, there was no Pepper on the OCAS website, just one named 'Baby' who has a profile that sounded like Pepper. Can you check it to see if is the same cat - assuming you know what she looks like? Case #A504566.

Last edited:

beachcomber11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am confused. Today, there was no Pepper on the OCAS website, just one named 'Baby' who has a profile that sounded like Pepper. Can you check it to see if is the same cat - assuming you know what she looks like? Case #A504566.
I just checked Animal Services. Pepper is no longer there. Just the one called Baby that you told me about. I an assuming that that is Pepper's sister that had been returned. Pepper did receive a lot of publicity and shares on Facebook and other Sites. Looks like it worked! It would of been nice if someone would of shared it though. Thank you for your help!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just checked Animal Services. Pepper is no longer there. Just the one called Baby that you told me about. I an assuming that that is Pepper's sister that had been returned. Pepper did receive a lot of publicity and shares on Facebook and other Sites. Looks like it worked! It would of been nice if someone would of shared it though. Thank you for your help!
Thanks for looking. So, you didn't know the siblings' names to know whether or not that is the same Baby? Still weird about Pepper considering the OCAS site also displays recently adopted animals. Nonetheless, I am hoping that Baby gets re-adopted, and that Pepper stays adopted.

beachcomber11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for looking. So, you didn't know the siblings' names to know whether or not that is the same Baby? Still weird about Pepper considering the OCAS site also displays recently adopted animals. Nonetheless, I am hoping that Baby gets re-adopted, and that Pepper stays adopted.
No, I didn't know the siblings names. A fellow animal lover sent me Pepper's pictures and the info on her, and asked me to share it. Babe is definitely not Pepper, but there is a resemblance. The good thing is that Pepper is no longer there, and I hope Baby won't be there long either. It sucks that there are any animals at Animal Services at all.

beachcomber11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There is a cat named Pepper who is slated to be put down this coming Tuesday. She has been at the Orange County Animal Services in Orlando, Fl. since December 2, ,2022. Her family passed away so she and her siblings were placed there. She is the only one left. She is as sweet as can be. Healthy. Declawed, and 10 years old. She is miserable there and her mental state is beginning to decline. That is why animal services feels that she may be better off dead. She only has two more days to get adopted before being put down. The adoption fee is only between $10 - $30. Please somebody rescue her if you can.

Thanks,
Sue
[/QUOT

beachcomber11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for your concern for Pepper. Thanks to one member who checked with OCAS, it looks like Pepper is no longer there. However, one of her four siblings named Babe, has been returned to the shelter. Hopefully, she will get a second chance, and her next adoption will work out better. This all could of been avoided if people would make arrangements for their pets before they pass away. Thanks again, Sue