People Who Get It

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a lot of downtime in my word processing class, so we have interesting conversations. My professor loves animals, and we were talking about our pets one day. I told him about Charlie and Selene, and showed him a few pictures. When I showed him Charlie, he exclaimed, "Oh, he's black!" in a pleasantly surprised tone. He was so happy to see someone with a black cat.

I already liked him, but that made me feel especially good about him. He knows that black cats and dogs tend to get overlooked. I just love little moments like this-they're very telling.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love black cats, and dogs. I feel particularly sorry for black cats as people are still superstitious and they are the most common colour at rescue shelters (or at least here in the UK). If I hadn't fallen in love with Toffee and Fudge at first sight, I would've loved to have adopted a black or tabby kitten. Black kittens are particularly adorable when still at the blue eye stage as they look like little teddies! :loveeyes:
I saw the name Eclipse for a black cat and think that would be a super cool name!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always had a soft spot for black cats and have been the parent to a few. When we first started to get our current cats, I thought it strange that we did not have any black cats. Then our Evangeline came to us as cat number eight.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love black cats. My Henri was a black cat, and he was such a sweet and gentle boy!
If I could have another cat, I would probably adopt a black cat.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Theres something mystical about a sleek black beautiful cat.

When I was a child we had a lovely black short haired cat. I named him "Go Go". Probably because in my mind he ran everywhere. Who knows what I was thinking at that age.

I do remember our family moving from new zealand to canada when I was nine years old. Bringing gogo wasnt an option. Our neighbour adopted him. 48 years latter I can still remember my mom and me sitting in the car outside the house. Gogo was sitting on the porch. It was raining. We were leaving him forever. We sat in the car and cried.

Still brings a tear to my eye.

I have no problem with loving a black cat. In fact one of my wifes favorite pics is a large black panther.

We have only ever adopted mixed breeds. And now I look for the under"dog" in a cat. The one others dont want. And if it happened to be black, thats even better.

Our cats no longer go out unsupervised. But when we used to let them out on their own, they were never left out halloween night, regardless of their color.

Dont have a pic of gogo to post, wish I did.

But as I type this, a massive grey cat strolled across the dining room table, curled up in my lap, started to purr and batted at my face cause im not petting him enough...cause im trying to type......consoling me.
20180101_105149.jpg