People are jerks!

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was feeding the little ones in the common area earlier tonight. As i turn to leave , a man in his 50s shoo the cats away. They werent on his property to begin with idk why he couldnt let them finish their dinner? Cant believe ppl are this selfish. Almost bust a U and wanted to kick his teeth in. Done venting. Ughhh!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
It is either that man woke up at the wrong side of the bed, or he just does not like cats. Or both.

Is it possible to bring the little ones near your property, or in your backyard? Thank you btw for feeding them. I hope they also can be spayed/neutered soon if not yet.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agreed! Thank you for caring! Getting them fed as far away from him would be a good idea. I’m glad you kept your cool. I know that was hard. I’ve dealt with people who don’t like cats too. You have my gratitude and hopes that the man will be in a better frame of mind towards them later.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks! The cats are spread out in my subdivision. The tame ones i was able to move to my front yard. The rest roams around during the day, only congregate when its dinner :) There was one other incident awhile back when i was feeding them this stupid lady had the audacity to tell me per HOA rules you cant feed them. Wanted to elbow her ugly face so bad.

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was feeding the little ones in the common area earlier tonight. As i turn to leave , a man in his 50s shoo the cats away. They werent on his property to begin with idk why he couldnt let them finish their dinner? Cant believe ppl are this selfish. Almost bust a U and wanted to kick his teeth in. Done venting. Ughhh!
Oh the responses I've fantasized about to people like that. You've got a whole community behind you here. I've been grateful for this safe place to vent and say things I knew weren't best said aloud. Here's to the world's biggest bird flying over the intolerant guy and taking a giant dump on his head.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In my area there is plenty of incompetent and aggressive teachers, so I had to get train myself into the noble Art of Diplomacy :-).
Some ideas (not know whether they work for your area to):
a) Always do some "small talk", whenever possible, with the ones you have to discuss deeper subjects later on.
b) When provoked, focus on non-controversial topics, do not fight back
c) Start conversation by ""Ï do understand you very well, I would do the same in your shoes!
d) Ä little smile may help
e) Offer to help when you find an opportunity
f) Build a social bridge: a common profession or area, a common hobby etc.
g) Ask about "gardening hobby"", dog caring, bird watching etc.
h) Tell appreciation words for whatever you can spot (dressing, the behavior etc.)
i) Have a deep and long breath before replying to the aggressive statements and try to pause between the words.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This absolutely drives me CRAZY. On one of my properties there's a very skiddish, very thin young female tortie who is terrified of people. I make a special trip every night to be sure she eats because she's used to me and the other cats will often bully her away. I was there last night and had finally coaxed her to come up and eat when the :censored: security guard came out of nowhere and stomped his foot to shoo her away! I actually feel (a little) bad because I went off :fuming: on him and gave him a lecture about how his job included watching out after the cats on the property. When he stomped his foot the tortie ran back into the woods and I never saw her again last night. I'm hoping she'll be there tonight.