Peeing right by litterbox!

kittyluver27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat is peeing right by his litterbox! He pees in all sorts of places. When he goes to the corner where he usually pees I have to keep a toy right by me when I watch tv to distract him so he wont go over there. I have recieved great advice and I had his urine checked months back, but I'm going to have to make an appointment for him again! So now I'm on the computer and he just peed a little in a different corner a foot away from his litterbox. I just hate getting mad at him. I just wish he would stop! HELP! Thanks in advance!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It may be urinary tract infection. But make sure you thoroughly clean all the places where he peed because if he smells traces of urine he will continue doing this even after he is cured. Use an enzyme cleaner.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittyluver27

My cat is peeing right by his litterbox! He pees in all sorts of places. When he goes to the corner where he usually pees I have to keep a toy right by me when I watch tv to distract him so he wont go over there. I have recieved great advice and I had his urine checked months back, but I'm going to have to make an appointment for him again! So now I'm on the computer and he just peed a little in a different corner a foot away from his litterbox. I just hate getting mad at him. I just wish he would stop! HELP! Thanks in advance!
Try Simple Solution Potty Training Aid. (Available from PetCo.) Spray it in the litterbox where you want him to go. No guarantees but it worked for me when Persi was only 7 weeks old.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to add another litter box, preferably where he pees most frequently. It's common for cats to want to pee and poop in separate boxes and the general rule is to have 1 cat per box, plus one box extra.

And good for you for taking him to a vet. That is always the first step when there's a change in the cat's behvaior.