Peeing Just Outside The Box

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
She has been fixed for years.
OK, I'm confused here. She's been spayed but you think she is in heat?

Spayed cats don't go through heat. She will be stressed out and extra territorial if there are unfixed feral cats outside though.

danteshuman danteshuman has given you some good tips for dealing with territory issues if it is the outdoor cats that bother her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Spayed cats don't go through heat. She will be stressed out and extra territorial if there are unfixed feral cats outside though.

danteshuman danteshuman has given you some good tips for dealing with territory issues if it is the outdoor cats that bother her.
I don’t know
I have scratches and a hole in my hand
She is in her own room now. Today Luna followed me in and started a fight.
The vet hasn’t called me back.
They’re shoes are up to date
My shots are up to date
Sassy is pooping and peeing ok
So is Luna

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well when in doubt assume they are in heat and need to be spayed.You can take them into a clinic. Vets can tell if nothing else if need be by shaving their bellies to check. 40$ to get them spayed versus 50$ for a vet visit.... if all they have to do is shave her belly they might even give you some money back (your vet will charge you for a visit no matter what.)

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well when in doubt assume they are in heat and need to be spayed.You can take them into a clinic. Vets can tell if nothing else if need be by shaving their bellies to check. 40$ to get them spayed versus 50$ for a vet visit.... if all they have to do is shave her belly they might even give you some money back (your vet will charge you for a visit no matter what.)
My vet fixed her himself, Sassy, black. I know Luna is fixed, I cared for her incision. I called the vet multiple times, no response. She has everything she needs in her room. I go in and love on her. Luna sometimes sneaks in and attacks Sassy. These cats can share a carrier, no problem. I don't know why they are suddenly fighting.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I think Sassy is trying to tell me she is being bullied by Luna. Maybe it is difficult for Sassy to use the restroom without being attacked. I have seen Luna attack Sassy several times in the past 24 hours when she moves around. So I have to separate them when they are not supervised. I am doing site swapping. Sassy poor thing, she just lets Luna claw at her.
Tonight Luna has the bathroom, and Sassy has the kitchen. I feel horrible, thinking that Sassy is senile, and is loosing bladder function even. Does anyone have any suggestions how to deal with this behavior between them?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought you said they were not spayed?!?!?!?! :doh:

Assuming they are in fact spayed I would get that motion sensor to chase away other cats outside, feliway or other calming products, blocking their view outside and a long slow re-introduction for your two girls. I would not let them see each other. Each would get one room .... and be let out in the communal areas (your living room) for half the day.

Then work on the pee problem separately if needed. I would use a black light and clean everything with an enzyme cleaner to give the cats a clean slate. I would also give them a litter box every where you have massive amounts of pee spots. Hey cheap boxes and litter is cheaper then new carpets. Cat attract litter couldn’t hurt.

Lastly my punk used to bug but not attack his brother. What helped was removing the lids to the litter boxes and building up the victim cat’s confidience with one on one play every day ..... lock the other cat up if need be, after they are re-introduced. Your bullied cat may need months to fully build up their confidience but it will help I swear. You can cheer silently the first time she fights back!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Is there another vet you can call? It's weird that you're not getting called back. Maybe they've gone out of business or the vet has retired?

If you let us know what city/state you live in we can help you find a cat only vet or a cheap spay/neuter clinic, whichever you need.

If the cats are fixed and the vet has ruled out a UTI we can help you to control their behaviour, but if you're dealing with sick cats or cats who are on heat it's impossible to know if they really have behaviour problems or they're in pain, hormonal or whatever.

Large, un-covered litter boxes will help if they are bullying each other. I use those big, plastic storage boxes. Try to get ones that are about 4ft long and 18 in wide, but low enough for the cats to step into. Dollar stores often have them. Cheaper than a regular litter box and much better for multiple cat homes.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is there another vet you can call? It's weird that you're not getting called back. Maybe they've gone out of business or the vet has retired?

If you let us know what city/state you live in we can help you find a cat only vet or a cheap spay/neuter clinic, whichever you need.

If the cats are fixed and the vet has ruled out a UTI we can help you to control their behaviour, but if you're dealing with sick cats or cats who are on heat it's impossible to know if they really have behaviour problems or they're in pain, hormonal or whatever.

Large, un-covered litter boxes will help if they are bullying each other. I use those big, plastic storage boxes. Try to get ones that are about 4ft long and 18 in wide, but low enough for the cats to step into. Dollar stores often have them. Cheaper than a regular litter box and much better for multiple cat homes.
Well, Sassy is going home. To another home. Thanks for your support and replies.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Sassy has replaced a room of carpet $1,400. Now she has found another room to pee on. She bit me. The other cat attacks her.
My vet gave me to her, he is on vacation. I forgot, she told me they are out of town. I spoke to her assistant, she will house Sassy until the vet returns. The vet told me if it doesn't work out for any reason, they will take her back; no questions asked.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought you said they were not spayed?!?!?!?! :doh:

Assuming they are in fact spayed I would get that motion sensor to chase away other cats outside, feliway or other calming products, blocking their view outside and a long slow re-introduction for your two girls. I would not let them see each other. Each would get one room .... and be let out in the communal areas (your living room) for half the day.

Then work on the pee problem separately if needed. I would use a black light and clean everything with an enzyme cleaner to give the cats a clean slate. I would also give them a litter box every where you have massive amounts of pee spots. Hey cheap boxes and litter is cheaper then new carpets. Cat attract litter couldn’t hurt.

Lastly my punk used to bug but not attack his brother. What helped was removing the lids to the litter boxes and building up the victim cat’s confidience with one on one play every day ..... lock the other cat up if need be, after they are re-introduced. Your bullied cat may need months to fully build up their confidience but it will help I swear. You can cheer silently the first time she fights back!
=). Sassy is going to be rehomed.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m sorry she is being rehomed, but I am glad that you are brave enough to do what is right for Sassy.