Peeing In Sink

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well 4 weeks later (like to the day) he did it again-same sink...
thoughts? could it be another fluke/brain fart?

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
How has he been in himself these past four weeks? Any behavioural changes? Is he peeing normally other than this? Were you in the bathroom with him again? How's the litter box situation going, did you get another box?

I've just looked up the lunar calendar in case it was a full moon, what with it happening at a four week interval. It's nearly a new moon though but I think that could still affect feline behaviour. Forgive me if I sound a wee bit bonkers but I'm exploring all avenues as I'm stumped.

Did you look into getting any cat-calming/urinary preparations?

:catman:

Beaglelover1980

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you thought about toilet training oscar maybe he likes going in small confined places. They sell kits on the internet to fully toilet train your fur balls just a thought hopefully i dont sound crazy lol it would save on litter and having so many boxes

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is his urinary food a dry food? If so, ask the vet if you can switch to canned food. That might help.

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all
thanks so much for your help
-The boys get 3 cans of wet food a day (royal canin cat food urinary calm). they also have dry food and get a few treats post play time (same kind of royal canin). They have lots of water bowls, a fountain and I leave a bunch of the sinks dripping a bit for them (in fact the sink Oscar went in was off for the first time in a while-maybe he was trying to tell me to turn it on...)
-other than this he is totally peeing normally
-past few weeks he has been his normal self (maybe a bit extra snuggly with his brother which makes me happy). today he snoozed a bit more than normal (which he did last time this happened) but I figured it might have also been because it was a cold snowy day here in boston.
-I was not in the bathroom when he went this time. I was on the sofa and out of the corner of my eye I saw him digging at the counter and a quick smell test confirmed my fears.
-in general the box situation has been fine (have no changed or added anything)

before bed he peed (and covered) in the box and now we are snuggling. Honestly so long as he uses the box most of the time and does not take this as an invitation to go on the bed etc. I am totally fine with it. It is almost easier than adding another box and if it makes him happy...

Could it be a preference thing? Could he just like the way it feels? Perhaps a brain fart?

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I told you about Brian going in the bath and it not bothering me in the slightest, and that I actually thought he was kinda clever about it.

And that Oscar has gone in the same place twice, it shows he has a preference for that particular sink, and not your bed.

I'd either turn that tap back on to drip or leave it as his sink.

:fish:

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is kinda funny when you think about it and lord knows he could pick worse places! So long as it isn't all the time (he has used his box every other time since) and he doesn't start going other places I can deal.
you really think I can relax and stop worrying about him going on like the bed or the sofa (sorry to be so needy-my GAD is in overdrive which this)

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you should relax and stop worrying, regardless. :crossfingers:

“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia) :gingercat:

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll try-I just want to make sure he is ok and happy ya know and that it is not a sign of something bad brewing

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
I know. And you are doing a very good job of making sure he's ok and happy. It's ever so good of you to be so concerned and come on here to discuss his signs and symptoms. Please, continue doing so...

But it's also a case of fingers crossed and hope for the best. I'm 100% sure that you'll be right on top of anything should something bad brew. You had the vet come super speedily last time, I was extremely impressed!

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
update-so far since that one time on Tuesday he has gone in the box every time since so keep your fingers and paws crossed for us

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

houseofnine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
SO Glad your boy is okay. My best boy, Hooper, has had crystals and he's on the RC canned food too. Lucky for us, he likes it and he seems to be all better now.
Maybe some of y'all can help me with my naughty Neko peeing inappropriately. See "Spayed Female Urinating on vertical surfaces." Thanks!

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well 3 months to the day with no problems and today he went in a different sink. I have been sick for the past few days so I have no played with them a lot (or been awake a lot). He and felix had both just gone to the bathroom in their litter boxes and covered their pee with no incident. Then maybe 30 min later mom, Felix, Oscar and I are all in my bathroom getting ready and Oscar is staring at one of the sinks. Mom thought he wanted it on so she turned it on for him and he hopped in a peed a drop. I cleaned it up with natures miracle and tried not to panic. Later that day as I was cleaning the boxes he came in and peed and buried like a champ. Is my cat just a little nuts? (I only worry because this time it was a different sink)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hopefully it was just that one time, and he'll continue peeing in the litter boxes. :crossfingers:

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually think Oscar deserves an Oscar for 'time-keeping' and 'keeping his sink peeing fetish to an absolute minimum'.

And, I'd say that, yes, I think Oscar is a little nuts but then so are the rest of us.

:clap2: