Pedialyte / Dioralyte Equivalents

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I often see Pedialyte mentioned here as a help for dehydrated kitties. I also saw mentioned in another thread that someone outside the U.S. did not have access to it.

For humans the Irish/British (and I think European) equivalent for Pedialyte is called Dioralyte and is readily available in pharmacies. I'm nearly certain Dioralyte can be used for kittens - would anyone know for certain as it might be a useful thing to know for us on the other side of the pond?

I think Dioralyte can be got in other European counties - but, again, if anyone knows this for certain it might be handy to know alternatives.

There are, if course, homemade recipes for Pedialyte but Dioralyte might just be a helpful replacement or worth a mention if it is kitty safe.

https://www.dioralyte.co.uk/

(As an aside - might it be an idea to start a European/U.S glossary of sorts that people can add to as they come up as a go-to for when looking for or giving advice? - although maybe most things correspond already.) :beerchug:

Edited to reduce the overwhelming amount of times I used the word "handy"! :p

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I havent heard about the term dioralyte. So I presume its a commercial brand product. That said, its probably good - they mention salts and glucose sugar...

So tx, good to know, the word dioralyte exists too, and in some countries would be as good.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It is an electrolyte solution that is similar to U.S. pedialyte. :)