Pearls of wisdom for new cat owers errr..... staff (fun stuff)

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Very true. The same also applies to beds. The more expensive it is, the less likely they are to use it. This leads to them lounging in the box that the bed came in!
Yes, exactly. Years ago I bought a heated bed for my two elderly cats since they spent so much time in front of the fireplace and on the heating vents. And would they use it? Oh, no. Not on your life. Sniffed it, looked at me ("You fool. You sad, sad fool."), and walked away. :lol:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very true. The same also applies to beds. The more expensive it is, the less likely they are to use it. This leads to them lounging in the box that the bed came in!
That also applies to toys. The more expensive it is, the less likely they will play with it. Burdock's favorite toy? The plastic ring that you get when you first open a gallon of milk.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do we know if it's painless to them? Maybe it burns or stings?
My daughters cat's and my brothers cat even when I had patches brother Tik (RIP) none of those cat's bothered I mentioned how he was to the vet she said some cat's are like this and thinks it's the smell they don't like. I have checked his skin no reaction whatsoever.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats do not puke in corners or out of the way places. 95 percent of time the vomit will be left in your walking path and 94% of the time you will walk through it in your bare feet. Seriously. I am remodeling my bathroom and thought about putting in a hand shower just so it would be easier to wash the puke out from between my toes.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Cats do not puke in corners or out of the way places. 95 percent of time the vomit will be left in your walking path and 94% of the time you will walk through it in your bare feet. Seriously. I am remodeling my bathroom and thought about putting in a hand shower just so it would be easier to wash the puke out from between my toes.
And 95% of the time they will go out of their way to find a carpet or a rug, even if it means running up two flights of stairs and through several rooms. No distance is too great to avoid barfing on an easily cleaned surface! :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
And 95% of the time they will go out of their way to find a carpet or a rug, even if it means running up two flights of stairs and through several rooms.
They can be standing on a tile floor which is easy to clean up but instead manage to hang their head over the threshold and puke on the carpet. :barfgreen:

If you should wake up early before the alarm clock goes off, whatever you do, do not move a muscle in bed or they will hear you and meow loudly to get up and feed them.