Peaches

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bookishkitty597

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Baby 3 only gained 4 grams. Keep an eye on that one.
Just took Baby number three's weight again. Weighed 273g. I must have read it wrong the first time. It's hard to get a good reading when they wiggle around.

Bookishkitty597

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys. Should I be concerned that baby number one's eyes aren't open all the way yet? I read online it would take about 8-12 days, and it's almost been 13 days. Everyone else's eyes are completely open.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, give it time, but keep the eyes clean by wiping across them gently with a warm, damp cloth.

Bookishkitty597

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So after watching multiple videos on gendering kittens, and comparing all the kittens multiple times. I've determined that I have three girls, and one boy. Everyone say hello to:

Kitten one: Arya!

(She kinda looks like a little otter.)

Kitten two: Dewey!

(Yeah it may be a bit cliche. But he was born in my library. For those of you who don't know or didn't guess it my second bedroom is nothing but bookshelves.)

Kitten three: Blossom!

(Isn't her sleeping face adroable?!)

And last but not least...
Kitten four: Amber!

(Such a sweet face, but don't let that fool you, she's a feisty little thing.)

Bookishkitty597

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've had Peaches for an entire month now. Time really flies by. Everyone is doing great. The kittens are moving around more. I came in last night to find them out of the bed and behind the blue chair I have in there. I put them back in the bed, and they seemed content to stay there. Will keep you all updated.

Bookishkitty597

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I forgot to post yesterday, but the kittens are three weeks old now. They have teeth coming in, are walking as best they can, and are already playing. Amber is currently playing with mommy Peaches tail.

Bookishkitty597

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The kittens are a month old today! Everyone is doing amazing. Their playing, and exploring, getting better at using a litter box, and are trying to eat kitten slurry. I've had Peaches for a month, week, and two days now. She like to explore the test of the apartment when I'll let her. Dose not like Ren getting near the kittens, and Chi Chi hisses at her. But all in all everyone is doing great. Will keep you updated.❤

Bookishkitty597

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: So I need some advice. Dewey doesn't have any interest in the kitten slurry. He only wants to eat mommy's dry kitty food. I'm terrified he's going to choke on it while I'm not here to help him. I've heard him gag twice, and it's scared me. I could really use some suggestions on what to do. I'm also having an issue with fleas. I've given baths multiple times. Tried the bowl with soapy water trick, vacuumed, cleaned their bedding, and momma has been treated, any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Will he eat kitten chow? Or eat mom’s food moistened?

You can apply a tube of Advantage II for Kittens or 2-3 drops from an adult tube to the back of his neck.

Bookishkitty597

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The kittens are five weeks old today. Three more weeks and they can go to their new homes. It makes me kinda sad to let them go. But I know they are going to good homes.
Here are some pictures from yesterday.

Arya

Dewey

Blossom

and Amber.

Bookishkitty597

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys! So it's been nearly a year since the kittens were born! Thought you all might like an update. Peaches, Amber, and Blossom went to live with my mom. I kept Dewey with me, and Arya has recently been returned to my care. Her previous owners felt that their daughter wasn't taking good care of her, and asked if I could take her back. I agreed so she's back home with me.
20200613_153228.jpg

Arya likes to hang out on top of my bookcases.
20200509_091526.jpg

Dewey has claimed this pillow as his. Except when his sister steals it.
20200408_150424.jpg

20200408_150238.jpg

Amber and Blossom are very spoiled barn kitties.
20200408_145833.jpg

Mama Peaches likes to hang out on the boat.

Bookishkitty597

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update!
Hey guys. It's been another year since the kittens were born, and I thought you all might like an update. Unfortunately Momma Peaches and her daughter Blossom went off and never returned to my mom's house. I know that can be typical behavior for barn cat's but it still makes me sad. I just pray that they are somewhere safe and being spoiled rotten. After her mom and sister disappeared Amber got very attatched to the old tom cat at my mom's house, Tommy. He was born a long time ago, when I was a kid, but he didn't seem to mind the young female. Arya and Dewey went to live with my mom since Amber seemed lonely, and having her siblings seemed to help. Unfortunately my mom got sick, and wasn't able to go outside, and spend time with them. Dewey ran off, and was missing for seven months. Turns out he had been two houses down at my mom's neighbors the whole time. She had gotten into contact with my mom and asked if she could take in a cat that they had been taking care of. They had nemed the pretty kitty Sugar, and thought she was very sweet. The neighbor and my mom got to talking, and my mom thought it was Blossom at first. She told me the neighbor was bringing the cat over, and of course I headed their way. On the way she sent me pictures, and it was Dewey! I was so happy I jumped out of the car, picked him up, and hugged him, saying Dewey over, and over again. I told my mom he was coming home with me, and never leaving again. He's been back home with me for months, but has issues with female cat's since the neighbors cat, Pumpkin, didn't like him, and would beat him up. He's doing well though, and I'm just so glad to have him home. Recently my mom got ahold of me, and told me Tommy hadn't been around for awhile. We both figured the worst had happened, and he had left to pass away where we wouldn't find him. A few weeks after, my mom told me Amber hadn't been home for a while. She hadn't come home a few day's after Tommy left to pass away. She waited a long time to tell me, because she knew how upset I had been about Tommy. We figure Amber's heart broke after Tommy never came home, and she left to either find him, or go somewhere else. On a Happier note, Arya loves being a barn kitty, and has become even more affectionate than she already was. She has attached herself to one of my younger sisters, and is spoiled relentlessly. She happily greets me when I visit, and receives alot of love when I come over.
20210723_080159.jpg

Dewey comfortable back at Home. Safe and sound.

Resized_20210506_202622.jpeg
Resized_20210506_202551.jpeg
Resized_20210506_202500.jpeg

Dewey the night he was brought to mom's house, and I brought him back home.

VideoCapture_20210717-131606.jpg
20210716_202545.jpg
20210716_202603.jpg
20210716_203740.jpg
20210904_185411.jpg

Arya being a spoiled Barn kitty. She has such a sweet face.

Joelle and the kittens

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww so sorry to hear about the other cats :'(...I guess that comes with the territory when they can't be indoors-only, though. On a positive note, Dewey and Arya look so healthy and happy!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are your cats spayed and neutered? They tend to stay home once fixed.