Peaches has gone to the bridge

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Peaches died peacefully overnight of old age. She passed laying on top of her cat tree, where I left her last night. She was approximately 17 years old.

12 years ago I met Peaches at a humane society adoption center called, Furburbia. She was in a room size cage with a few other cats, laying on the top of a cat tree. Her fur was thinnned out and dull and frankly, she was pretty scraggly looking. She was scheduled to be destroyed because she was a biter and labeled un-adoptable. But something kept drawing me back to her, as I was looking at other cats. I went back several more days and every time, I would be drawn to Peaches. I spent time brushing her, playing with her and talking to her. Finally, I asked to adopt her. The staff were reluctant and at first said no (because she was a biter). But I was persistent. Finally, after several phone calls, they agreed as long as I would sign a waiver releasing them from responsibility in case I got bit.

I took Peaches home and opened the carrier. Peaches jumped out, went room to room, checking things out and then jumped on the couch and laid down as if to announce she was home.

I learned to recognize when Peaches had enough and the warning signs. I only got bitten once in 12 years and it was my own fault, as I had pushed her past her limit.

Peaches was my best friend. She snuggled with me when I cried and laid with me (or on me) on the couch to watch movies. She was always there for me and she was rewarded with a full, spoiled, luxurious life! I will miss her dearly.

Goodbye for now, dear friend. Rest in peace and give Jakey my love.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I knew she was always so special to you through your posts about her. I am so sorry for your loss.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. I never know what to say, just know I understand, and that I truly believe, we see our so special loves, again.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss....
it sounds like Peaches passing was peaceful, at home, in one of her favorite spots on her tree.

Until you are together again....
may you find peace.
Peaches

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's wonderful that you were able to give her such a long life in a good home where she was well loved, especially after everyone else had given up on her. Those were probably the best 12 years of her life! RIP Peaches, and
for you Tammie.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You and Peaches gave each other unending love that will never die. I'm so sorry. I'm thankful she got to be at home with you in a peaceful, loving place when she crossed the Bridge. Cheryl

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am truly, truly sorry for your loss.
. This is the part of loving our furkids that is the most devastating and painful part. My heart goes out to you today
. Peaches
really had a wonderful, long life with you and loved you SO much. She will always, always be in your heart and with you

RIP sweet Peaches

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
, Tammie. It must be so hard to say good-bye to Peaches after all you've shared together. I'm very sorry for your loss. RIP, sweetie, and give my regards to Jake, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and support. I'm sure you can understand right now that I'm just drained. It's been a long, emotional 4 days. The guy from the crematorium came to pick Peaches up and I couldn't even cry. I think I cried so much the last few days, I just didn't have anything left.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm so sorry, Tammie. But she died peacefully, at home, knowing just how much she's loved.
Small consolation when your heart feels like it's been ripped out of you, I know.

Fly free, Peaches.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is. You gave Peaches the best life she could have, and a long one. Take care.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry to read about Peaches. It's so tough to see them go. *Many hugs*