Peaches has a cracked nail

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I took Peaches in last month to have her anal glands expressed and also had them trim her nails. I noticed the next day it was bleeding and thought it would be okay. I called the vet office a week later because it was still bleeding off and on. I would notice fresh blood in the morning. She only licks it while we are sleeping.

I finally got a  ride to the vet which ended up being a month later. They told me her nail is cracked and I have to put an E-collar on her so she will leave it alone and heal. They of course are telling me it's not from the nail trim but she never had a problem until they trimmed her nails.

PetSmarts e-collars are so big and she can back out of it and can't do anything with it on when I do get it on. I took it back.

Does anyone know of one that fits small cats, it seems they are all made for small dogs. They are so big.

She is still licking that nail because I found fresh blood again this morning.

I was told if we can't get it to heal she will have to have surgery to have it removed and it will be painful and expensive.

Has anyone had a cat that had a split nail and did it heal?

Thanks

padfootandmoony

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can probably make one for her. Something like a kids place mat, a box knife, and some adhesive velcro would do the trick. You could also get some fabric or duct tape to line the edges so they don't hurt. Or try to find a puppy one. There are a ton on Amazon if you can't find any in person and you don't want to make one. Does your vet have any they could loan you in the mean time?