Peach 🍑

Papaganu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
PXL_20201124_014953403.NIGHT.jpg

Hello!
This is peach 🍑
A 3 year old female, she will never let you hold her but will give you all the love you need.
She doesnt like other cats and no other humans if she doesnt already know your smell.
She eats raw chicken when I am here and I leave her dry healthy food when I am not here I make sure never mix raw and dry.
She likes blueberry chicken treats!

I have already posted a topic about spaying her but someone told me to post here to introduce myself and find some help

First I come from country ( or what is left of it )
Where cats live happily among us.. veterinarian dont exist.. spaying never heard of this until I come to Canada 4years ago.
My father even found 3 kittens in his winter coat pocket.. naturally breeded...we dont intervene in cats life we take care of them but we never cut their genitals...

Lets say I finally decided to spay her guess what it is very very EXTREMELY expensive for a student who still in debts...some days id rather buy her chicken and eat a sandwich than spend more on me ..I love her so much that is why after reading other people's comment I decided to spay her but I CANT

last time I went to SPCA they told me they dont spay anymore cause of covid.
So I went to vet they told me she needs 3 vaccines before and one vaccine is 180$ so 180$ x 3 plus tax plus 200$ for spaying = 600$ minimum to fix her???
That is insane....if they spay cats to protect them why is it so expensive?

I am writing to you asking people of Montreal to help me!!!
Where can you spay a cat for under 100$??
I absolutely cant spend more than that..please help??

How much did it cost it to spay her?

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 361917
Hello!
This is peach 🍑
A 3 year old female, she will never let you hold her but will give you all the love you need.
She doesnt like other cats and no other humans if she doesnt already know your smell.
She eats raw chicken when I am here and I leave her dry healthy food when I am not here I make sure never mix raw and dry.

I have already posted a topic about spaying her but someone told me to post here to introduce myself and find some help

Where cats live happily among us.. veterinarian dont exist.. spaying never heard of this until I come to Canada 4years ago.
My father even found 3 kittens in his winter coat pocket.. naturally breeded...we dont intervene in cats life we take care of them but we never cut their genitals...

Lets say I finally decided to spay her guess what it is very very EXTREMELY expensive for a student who still in debts...some days id rather buy her chicken and eat a sandwich than spend more on me ..I love her so much that is why after reading other people's comment I decided to spay her but I CANT

So I went to vet they told me she needs 3 vaccines before and one vaccine is 180$ so 180$ x 3 plus tax plus 200$ for spaying = 600$ minimum to fix her???

Welcome to TCS Papaganu and Peach! I'm so glad you decided to spay her and certainly understand the cost being a deterrent. I'm hoping we have some members from Canada that can advise what they do.

Is this the place you contacted? Clinique de stérilisation | SPCA de Montréal

I don't speak any french and I don't see prices but from web searching other areas of Canada are really quite inexpensive.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Papaganu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They were my first contact but unfortunately they don't spay during covid times...they suspended the service T_T

ZombieTiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are there any cat groups on facebook for Montréal? Rescue groups / shelters or similar? They would probably know. If that doesn't work, I'd contact the rescue groups /shelters directly and ask.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Peach is a cutie pie. :catlove:

Sorry you haven't been able to get her spayed. How long have you had her? Does she go outside, or is she inside only? Is she having constant heat cycles?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3290.GIF
Papaganu and Peach, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3369.GIF
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Peach is a cutie pie :hearthrob: :redheartpump:

If you are feeding just raw chicken to her, please check out the forum on feeding raw and home-cooked food for cats as by just giving raw chicken, there is not enough nutrients for a growing kitten to aid it's growth in the formative year. Check it out here:- raw-home-cooked-cat-food.65 and if you have any question on cat nutrition on wet and dry food, check it out here :- cat-nutrition.64.

Regarding the spaying of Peach, you may want to start a new thread here in cat-health.4 as there are more members that frequent that forum and they may be able to help you answer your questions.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 361917
Hello!
This is peach 🍑

Hi there! Welcome here at TCS! :hellosmiley:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: We actually have quite a few members on the site from Canada but I don't know if they live in Montreal or other parts of the country. Hopefully someone will see your post and be able to help. We have a very friendly and supportive community. Thank you for giving Peach a loving home. Please keep us updated on your progress about getting her spayed during Covid. :crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Papaganu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View attachment 361944 Papaganu and Peach, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm View attachment 361945 to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Peach is a cutie pie :hearthrob: :redheartpump:

If you are feeding just raw chicken to her, please check out the forum on feeding raw and home-cooked food for cats as by just giving raw chicken, there is not enough nutrients for a growing kitten to aid it's growth in the formative year. Check it out here:- raw-home-cooked-cat-food.65 and if you have any question on cat nutrition on wet and dry food, check it out here :- cat-nutrition.64.
The article have so much info thanks but I couldnt focus on how there is mot enough nutrient. She dont like any kind of wet food she always leave it I tried different types of wet food nothing...her diet is like this: chicken breat cut in pieces when I am out she eats CARE+ Dry food with chicken flavor...I know people who feed their cats dry food only,.but me I give her what we used to give most of wild cats back home...raw food just meat cut into pieces...plus she gets her regular bowl of dry food when I am out. Ill keep readying on my break. See how this could not be enough

THANK YOU ALL for warm welcome!
Feels like a very friendly community ☺☺☺☺☺

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
The article have so much info thanks but I couldnt focus on how there is mot enough nutrient. She dont like any kind of wet food she always leave it I tried different types of wet food nothing...her diet is like this: chicken breat cut in pieces when I am out she eats CARE+ Dry food with chicken flavor...I know people who feed their cats dry food only,.but me I give her what we used to give most of wild cats back home...raw food just meat cut into pieces...plus she gets her regular bowl of dry food when I am out. Ill keep readying on my break. See how this could not be enough

THANK YOU ALL for warm welcome!
Feels like a very friendly community ☺☺☺☺☺
I see that you've posted in the Cat Nutrition section and that's the right place for your questions. You'll get more information there from members and if you have any questions about cat nutrition, feel free to ask.