Peach Crumble Pies

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I made 4 pies today, two pitchers of peach iced tea and some peach BBQ sauce. I wasn't happy with the streusel on the pies to the left, so I changed for the other pies and they came out better. There are only 3 pies in the picture; our neighbor came over to pick his up. The peach BBQ sauce is excellent; I can't wait to try it on chicken. Or pork. Or a ham steak. Or ham loaf. Or all of them! Rick really likes the peach iced tea. And now? I have no more peaches left and I'm pooped. It's been a long day.

Oh, and did you hear the yelling and cussing coming from central PA today? Um, that was me, making pie crust from scratch. No way was I paying almost $5 for two ready-made crusts, even if it was from the Dough-Boy.

PiesBBQSauce.jpg

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will admit that I have used those pre-made crusts,but I always have used the WalMart brand in the deep dish style.For custard pies and pumpkin...things like that...I think they're okay.But a fresh fruit pie deserves a homemade crust....my opinion anyway.I love a streusel topping!My hat is off to you,Pam!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
You may have been pooped but the pies look amazing - A+ in my book! :thumbsup: