Paw Pad / toe bean - turned pink?

beckerss19

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, new to the threads~!!

I have an almost one year old black kitty, I noticed this morning that one toe bean is pink. Upon closer inspection it almost looks like the bottom skin is gone but the rest of the bean is still black? He doesn't appear to be in pain and behavior is no different than usual. Any thoughts??? pictures attached.

He does also have 1 white whisker, i don't know if that has anything to do with anything lol

any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!

Attachments

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you sure it wasn’t always pink? Could she possibly step on something hot like a stove, or on some chemical (something recently bleached?)?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, the white whisker has nothing to do with anything. Beyond that, I don’t know. Perhaps you can email the pictures to your cat’s vet and see what s/he has to say about it.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beckerss19

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Definitely wasn't always pink! I've reached out to a few vets for ab appointment, he's a kitten so i haven't taken him to any vets yet, not since I adopted him. He seems ok? Like eating and playing but he's definitely sleepy.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, he definitely needs a vet visit, just because all kittens need a vet visit - he probably needs to be wormed, just for starters. Also, some vets will give you an "adoption" discount for a pet's first visit - be sure to ask about that. And since he needs a vet visit anyway you can have his toe looked at at the same time.

Sleepiness is the most usual state for cats - they spend over half their time asleep - which can make it difficult to tell if a cat has "lethargy." Ask the vet about this, as well, when you take him in.

Margret