Paw growth

Jzelfer3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! My female spayed shorthair cat, about 12 years old, has a growth on her paw, that more than one vet isnt sure what it is. I havent had any tests run, but she's been on a course of antibiotics and steroids with no improvement.
The growth grows until it gets to a certain point, and then breaks off, leaving her raw paw pad. It does hurt her, as she wont let me touch it and is always holding her paw up off the floor.
Please let me know your thoughts!

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jzelfer3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The growth started probably last summer, so been going for almost a year. Neither of the vets have brought up anything about it being possible pillow foot, which I would assume they could differentiate if it was.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's possible none of the vets even thought of the possibility of pillow foot or even have experience treating it. You can ask the vet directly about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jzelfer3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Around the same time the foot growth started, she started devopling scabs on her body. These started out as what appeared to be oily clumps of hair, but have progressed to crusty scabs.

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not sure about the skin scabs. It may or may not be related to the foot growth.

If your cat hasn't had any blood work done in the past year, I would have that done soon so the vet has a baseline of your cat's body and see if any value is off which could indicate a health issue that may or may not be causing either issue.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
To me it looks like warts.
My instinct says to have the growth and scabs biopsied.
Warts are viral, and antibiotics will do nothing for them except keep secondary bacterial infection in check.
Steroids are usually used for cases of inflammatory issues. While warts may cause some surrounding inflammation, again, it would be a secondary issue. Since warts are viral, they require a different treatment.