Parker Is In His New Home, But.....

parkermom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Now that Parker is in his new home with us, we see a difference in his personality.

Parker knows us, but we are now seeing him skiddish and uneasy. Like even today he was on the bed, I walked by and petted him, he was afraid/unsure. He’s not been that way before the move.
He doesn’t eat as much either.
He is using the litter box, we’re happy about that, but we’re wondering what’s going on.

We’ve been in our new home three, almost four weeks.
Is it the adjustment from his time being outside? Will he get comfortable again?

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve had to move kitties before too. There is an adjustment period. Parker should be fine as soon as he learns that his new home is safe too. Once he learns his way around and realizes you are still there with him he should settle in. His scent will be established in the house too. It’s still all very new to him. He really is a beauty! Welcome to your new home! I hope you will all be settled in very soon.

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I thinks, every cat will take the time they need to figure things out and to decompress. Did I say that right? Oh well, I thinks you knows what I means.

Pops

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

parkermom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I thinks, every cat will take the time they need to figure things out and to decompress. Did I say that right? Oh well, I thinks you knows what I means.

Pops
I’ve had to move kitties before too. There is an adjustment period. Parker should be fine as soon as he learns that his new home is safe too. Once he learns his way around and realizes you are still there with him he should settle in. His scent will be established in the house too. It’s still all very new to him. He really is a beauty! Welcome to your new home! I hope you will all be settled in very soon.

Pops

Pops
A azpops kittyluv387 kittyluv387
Jcatbird Jcatbird
Thank you so very much for your helpful comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

parkermom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It has been since we moved into the new house and took him with us.
He was inside/out at the old place, his home.
And he was a part of the cat community in the apartment complex for more than 6 years.