Paranoid about fast breathing in kitten

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Links faded after a week or two, he's six years old and hasn't had a reaction to any boosters since then. Except my vet uses a different brand of vaccine so it could be the clinics booster would cause a reoccurance.

You are your cats advocate. Don't be afraid to tell the vet he had a reaction and you are worried about getting the boosters in the shoulder again. Talk to the vet about your concerns and they should listen. Some vets may brush it off because the chances of it being that serious are low, but a good vet will talk you through their reasoning.

Here is a link to Cat Friendly Practices, Find a Veterinarian and Practice | The Cat Community or to find a fear free practice, Find a Fear Free Certified Professional or Practice | Fear Free Pets. Both are basically certifications that vets can get that show they either know that cats need a little different care or that they are committed to making the vet experience better for your cat. Hopefully someone in your area is certified. If its a specific vet within a clinic, don't be afraid to ask to see just that specific vet. I was at a clinic where I trusted one vet and thought the other was horrible, I had a note on my file that my cats were not to be seen by the one vet and I specifically asked the name of the vet when booking and confirming appointments.