Paralyzed Stray Black Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nahui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow good news! And at half the cost!

Love this thread! Gives me hope...now we pray for a healing of that lesion! I personally am planning to see a video of him running through the house come summer!

Please keep us in the loop!
I'm hopeful too. He is in the best hands he could be. They are a really great hospital and very dedicated to their patients. I called again today to see if there were any news about the MRI, but I was told that I still have to wait some more for the results, but I was told that he is doing great, eating like crazy, still on medication, and very spoiled by everyone at the hospital.

They do not keep him in a cage all day long. They do take him out and play with him. This lessens the guilt I feel for not being able to be with him Monday through Friday. But Saturday I will be either picking him up, if he is released or I will be with him all day, visiting hours are from 9 to 4 and I'm planning to beg them to let me stay with him a little longer.

I am also close to finding a place of my own, and I am really hoping this also comes through, so I can take him home with me.

And I promise. I will post a video of him. I too hope that it will be of him running like crazy through the house.:blackcat2:

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's hard not being able to be there I am sure, but just remember if it weren't for u he would likely be either dead or permanently paralyzed. U r doing a wonderful job and getting him the care he needs. I hope u get the place for both of u!

nahui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's hard not being able to be there I am sure, but just remember if it weren't for u he would likely be either dead or permanently paralyzed. U r doing a wonderful job and getting him the care he needs. I hope u get the place for both of u!
Thank you!!!! I really appreciate this. I can't help but feeling terrible by not being right there by his side, but otherwise I wouldn't be able to pay his vet bills! This is why I am just so eager to get my own place, to be able to have him home and see him everyday.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Believe me if that's what' going to get him to a safe home he won't care. I feel bad for locking 1 of mine up in a cage while her butt clears up, and leaving my 2 diaper babies for a whole 4 days was terrible. I always feel bad for doing what needs to be done but in the end it always turns out ok and they r fine. Trust me any special needs animal turns into literally a baby on the priority list so be prepared! Hopefully he makes a full recovery though so u won' have to worry! Which makes me think, I would ask how they think this will affect him as he ages (arthritis and such?) It may be 15 years from now but I would at least have an idea and I know I wouldn't have thought to ask. U may forget by then but if not it could have u prepared more. I told my mom about u guys and she was so happy to hear he's recovering!

O, u will be happy to know they are trying to implement laws in most states now for things like happened to (o, I'm throwing out Bruce like Bruce Wayne aka Batman as a name idea!) Anyway, I guess there have been multiple YouTube videos of people (typically people under 18) abusing animals on purpose and other instances and they are trying to crack down on them as it leads to other places. Either way harsher punishment for these crimes and hopefully someone got whoever did this to ur poor little guy!

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For some reason I haven't been getting updates on this and I got to wondering how Blackie was doing. Thanks for the updates, I'm up to speed now! So glad to see he's making great progress and you are the best for going to such great lengths in helping him recover from this horrific ordeal! :yess: Looking forward to more updates and hopeful he makes a full or near full recovery. I thought of another name to throw out there. Marvel is a synonym for miracle which this little guy certainly is! Just throwing it out there.

@1CatOverTheLine Have you seen this post? For some reason I think this would interest you in particular.

nahui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
sabian sabian , I like that name. Marvel, I'll run it by my husband and see what he thinks.

I got a call yesterday from the vet's. They needed me to sign an informed consent form to do two additional MRIs, free of charge. I wonder what they saw to want to do two more and free of charge.

I said yes and will be calling later on to see how he is doing after the procedure. Tomorrow I'm planning to stay the full day with him, as well as on Sunday.

I'm also close to finding a house with a garden so he can come home with me when he is released from the hospital.

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The MRI business is obviously a GOD thing and he knows what's needed for Marvel? Looking for more good to come of this. Keep the faith!

nahui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:( I'm afraid I don't have good news today. They did the MRIs but see no hope for him. He is getting released tomorrow from the hospital and my mother in law who lives close by will be caring for him from Monday until Thursday at the latest.

I feel so, so sad I want to cry:( So, now what? He is staying with us of course, but can he have a good life ? Why would someone hurt him like this? This whole thing breaks my heart.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sorry Nahui.

:grouphug2:

I guess that means he will never be able to walk properly or use the litter box by himself? I know it seems like the end of the world, but I think he can still have a really good life with you anyway. Lots of dogs and cats rely on wheel chairs and have to wear diapers, but they still have a good quality of life. As long as they have someone to love them they do really well.

I found this video, there are loads more out there.

Don't give up! We're all here to support you and this brave little guy.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
:( I'm afraid I don't have good news today. They did the MRIs but see no hope for him. He is getting released tomorrow from the hospital and my mother in law who lives close by will be caring for him from Monday until Thursday at the latest.

I feel so, so sad I want to cry:( So, now what? He is staying with us of course, but can he have a good life ? Why would someone hurt him like this? This whole thing breaks my heart.
:alright: I’m so sorry to hear that but at least we know that he’s in your good loving devoted hands.

Best is not to think of what or who did that to him but instead look ahead and give the the best of your love and see that he lives his life to the fullest. Bless your heart :rock: Wish all hoomans are like you! :heartshape:

:grouphug: :grouphug2: :grouphug: :grouphug2: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So sorry you had such bad news but he is not without hope. He has the hope found in you, your family, and all of us! You have seen progress in him so the doctors may not be the final authority on this yet.
It appears from your thread there are so many people praying or sending vibes or whatever for him! Focus on where he was and is now. Live each day with him as a gift and just see what happens.
It appears he may have as much love to give as you apparently do for him. Just rest in that for now.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this. What exactly does no hope mean? Personally I'm calling BS! This little guys a fighter and I can see it in his eyes and the way he's trying to stand when he eats. Look at this as a challenge and don't give up on him! Ever heard of Vinny Pazienza? There's a movie about his life called Bleed for This. Look into it. It will inspire you, trust me! Miracles do happen!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you!!!! I really appreciate this. I can't help but feeling terrible by not being right there by his side, but otherwise I wouldn't be able to pay his vet bills! This is why I am just so eager to get my own place, to be able to have him home and see him everyday.
Please stop beating yourself up about this. You are his angel and the main reason that he is doing as well as he is. You may not be by his side 24/7 but you are securely in his heart and mind 24/7. He knows how much you love him and how hard you are working to help him get well. He loves you dearly. This world would be a better place with more people like you in it. :hugs: :rock:

nahui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your support!! It means the world to me at this time. The exact words yesterday were "He has had no significant changes in his condition and is likely to remain like that"

I'm picking him up today. I'm just waiting for my ride to go get him. I'm going to bring him to my in-laws for the weekend and stay with him.

On Sunday, however, I need to choose whether to leave him in my in-laws care until Thursday or take him to the vet student I had mentioned, when I can either move into my new home or take him back to my husband.

I'm close to getting a house, but the earliest that can happen is next week because of all the paperwork, so choosing to leave him somewhere else just sucks.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm so sorry the vets had bad news, but remember that sweet kitten still has you caring about him, and for him. You can't change what those heartless people did, so try not to dwell on those thoughts. And don't give up hope yet. He might surprise everyone.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry the vets had bad news, but remember that sweet kitten still has you caring about him, and for him. You can't change what those heartless people did, so try not to dwell on those thoughts. And don't give up hope yet. He might surprise everyone.
I agree. Doctors have been wrong before. There is always hope.

nahui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree. Doctors have been wrong before. There is always hope.
I so hope for the doctors to be wrong!!! Anyway, he has his whole life ahead of him and I will be right by his side. He is just the sweetest kitten. I'll be posting a picture of him as soon as I get him from the hospital.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IVe just started reading the thread today and my heart sank when read the comments from the vet. However he does have hope ! He has you and look how happy and fiesty he looks in the pictures . He is very young and is a fighter ! People can be very nasty and sick to animals and other people. So dam cruel and no need ! Please don’t give up hope on him and thank you for being there for him ! X