Panther has a broken femer!

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly

the boys are good, not sure if I mentioned this but on top of my 3 boy I am fostering a sweet girl for the local humane society. Her owner had a stoke and wasn't able to take care of her. Scarlett is a very sweet girl. I would love to see a few more pictures of your kitties when you have time. As the storm approaches stay safe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly

the boys are good, not sure if I mentioned this but on top of my 3 boy I am fostering a sweet girl for the local humane society. Her owner had a stoke and wasn't able to take care of her. Scarlett is a very sweet girl. I would love to see a few more pictures of your kitties when you have time. As the storm approaches stay safe.
Thanks Eric. I'm trying to remember if I knew you had a 3rd baby...? That's great your fostering new little girl, how sweet. 🥰
I'd love to see pictures. I haven't seen any notifications come through for your thread.

Thank God, we did not get the hurricane this time!! Having gone through them just about every yr here, I hate for anyone to go through one, especially how bad that was, a cat.5 & the deviation it caused! ...but we've had more than our share, getting them, almost ev yr! Thankfully we only experienced rain & strong winds. I think the winds got up to the 30's here. We never lost power here, neither did my parents or my sister & BIL. Just a few flickers.
I prepped the patio before. Stacking the two chairs I had out there, & pulling the pots in to try & create a little barier for Honey. I rigged up her little canopy bed to try to keep rain & wind out & keep it from taking off in the wind! I put it in the corner by the door, (where her chair was), & put the table w/ glass top over hanging as much as I could. I scooted heavy pots up to it to help trap it in. I used the two mats that used to be in front of her house to help block openings in the bk & side. Then, I remembered I had 2 under the bed storage bx lids in the closet that I could use too, so I did! Then just prayed!! The weather hit us Thursday night & yesterday. Thurs night she didn't stay. She took off to wherever she hides out in bad weather. But woke up yesterday morning to see her on the bedroom window sil. 😊 So got up & fed them. It took her an hour after that, but she finally got in!! I just prayed shed stay for the day( my mom said she was praying too),
& I tried sending her some calm energy, & imagined a white light bubble of protection around her. She stayed for the day!!!! 👐🧡

Later when it calmed down a little, she got up & she laid under the chairs for a little while. Taking a break from her little tent. 😄
The rain stopped last night around dinner time, but wind was still going a bit. So I was able to bring in the towels on her bed, that were wet at that point, & put a dry one dwn, & then her blanket. It didn't look like she slept there last night when I fed them this morning, but she's sleeping in it now.🤗🧡
Im going to clean up out there today, & put things bk in order, but now I'll have to wait awhile, because shes sleeping.
Sorry for the long post, but thats the catch up, & here are some pictures & little video.
I pray if anyone here was in the storms path, they are ok. 🙏❤
(Thank goodness I have that little wall my dad built me, to help try to keep leaves out)
IMG_20220930_073855879.jpg
IMG_20220930_073905678.jpg
IMG_20220929_220642870.jpg
IMG_20220930_071214586.jpg
IMG_20220930_081852197.jpg
IMG_20220930_111610985.jpg
IMG_20220930_104314173.jpg

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7uB2Zkis6GYwZt5UA

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And here she is right now, sleeping 🧡
View attachment 432832
Panther has been a good boy. He was a snuggle bug. He slept on me yesterday for about an hr. 🤗❤
Does he look relaxed, or what?! 😂
View attachment 432833

View attachment 432834
HI Kelly

The 3rd boy is special little guy, He looks so much like Midnight and acts like him, I swear that a little bit of Midi came back to me. He even has the upside down V on his chest. He was at an adoption centre where my mom volunteers, he was at the shelter a long time and was very depressed and was hating life and people. He only trusted my mom. He bit 3 people on 3 occasions and was deemed unadoptable and was scheduled to be be put down after a quarantine period; my mom was so upset. I decided to give him a chance and asked that they don't euthanize him and call me when he was out of quarantine. I never saw him prior to getting him. When I did see him I was stunned on how much he acted like and looked like my Midi. I was worried that he would not get along with Peter and Murray but he was so good with them. I am so happy that I was able to save him, he is a great cat.
1664642856969.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HI Kelly

The 3rd boy is special little guy, He looks so much like Midnight and acts like him, I swear that a little bit of Midi came back to me. He even has the upside down V on his chest. He was at an adoption centre where my mom volunteers, he was at the shelter a long time and was very depressed and was hating life and people. He only trusted my mom. He bit 3 people on 3 occasions and was deemed unadoptable and was scheduled to be be put down after a quarantine period; my mom was so upset. I decided to give him a chance and asked that they don't euthanize him and call me when he was out of quarantine. I never saw him prior to getting him. When I did see him I was stunned on how much he acted like and looked like my Midi. I was worried that he would not get along with Peter and Murray but he was so good with them. I am so happy that I was able to save him, he is a great cat.
View attachment 432839
THANK YOU and your mom for saving sweet The 3rd Boy (have I got that right?). His story makes me so angry! but I am so glad he is safe now with you.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, Thats right!! I remember now!!
Yes, I believe our babies come to us for a reason. I believe that Midi sent him to you❤ Maybe all those past occasions w/ other people, except your mom, was a way for him to wait for/ get to you. ❤ That is special.
Im so happy for you. Hows the little girl getting along?
WELP! Im going out to clean up!!

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, Thats right!! I remember now!!
Yes, I believe our babies come to us for a reason. I believe that Midi sent him to you❤ Maybe all those past occasions w/ other people, except your mom, was a way for him to wait for/ get to you. ❤ That is special.
Im so happy for you. Hows the little girl getting along?
WELP! Im going out to clean up!!
HI Kelly Scarlett is very timid, unfortunately Murray is not very nice to other cats, he is always trying to beat her up. So the poor girl is in my spare room. Even when the other boys are locked up she will not come out of the room. I hope I can find her a home where she is the only kitty

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are correct Moonlight is my 3rd guy. He is a very strong willed guy but he has a good heart
I love ALL cats. Elvis has been described by his dad, from whom I adopted him, as "a character." "Strong-willed" is another way of putting that, I think...
IMG_2440.JPG

What. WHUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!?

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!* Yes. VERY relaxed and comfy -- and very happy!
Very glad Honey is safe and comfy, too.
May you all stay safe!!!
Thank you! Yes, I just spent a little over an hour outside cleaning up & blowing. (Thanks to my dad who gave me an old blower a few months ago! ... because no one ever cleans up bk here. We're lucky if the landscape guy blows bk here, but needs to be picked up & raked!) I've mentioned it to my rental mgmnt people, & HOA,but they don't do much!! I guess if i were an owner vs/ a renter, I may have more clout! 🤷 Its agravating! My neighbor & I are the only ones who do anything bk here, & were both renters , have the same landlord.
ANYWAY.......... It feels & looks so much better back here now!! I also used rubber gloves to clean Panthers tree this morning. That trick really does work!! Then I vacuumed it. Then gave him a good brushing. Even though I brush him a few xs a month, I got 4 slicker brush fulls!!
(& a few little pcs of chicken let me brush him that long! 😉).
Here's an "after" video, since you saw the before mess!
New video by Kelly R

Happy girl 🧡
IMG_20221001_143910663.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Yes, I just spent a little over an hour outside cleaning up & blowing. (Thanks to my dad who gave me an old blower a few months ago! ... because no one ever cleans up bk here. We're lucky if the landscape guy blows bk here, but needs to be picked up & raked!) I've mentioned it to my rental mgmnt people, & HOA,but they don't do much!! I guess if i were an owner vs/ a renter, I may have more clout! 🤷 Its agravating! My neighbor & I are the only ones who do anything bk here, & were both renters , have the same landlord.
ANYWAY.......... It feels & looks so much better back here now!! I also used rubber gloves to clean Panthers tree this morning. That trick really does work!! Then I vacuumed it. Then gave him a good brushing. Even though I brush him a few xs a month, I got 4 slicker brush fulls!!
(& a few little pcs of chicken let me brush him that long! 😉).
Here's an "after" video, since you saw the before mess!
New video by Kelly R

Happy girl 🧡
View attachment 432853
It looks so nice! *Don't believe it about owners vs. renters when it comes to gardeners. I have a running battle with mine to get them to do what they're supposed to do. It's not like plants suddenly change, is it?:sigh: But I have to tell them every little thing, sometimes twice, sometimes three times, and even then, I finally resort to asking my male roomie if he would mind asking them, because he has a rapport with them that I don't.*:headshake:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, our HOA is cheap, they don't want to pay for anything. The guy that does almost weekly mowing, etc.. is only paid to mow, trim, hedges only get trimmed like 3xs or so a yr. ,& Blows, & thats it. Theres even been a cpl xs he didn't even blow bk here.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, our HOA is cheap, they don't want to pay for anything. The guy that does almost weekly mowing, etc.. is only paid to mow, trim, hedges only get trimmed like 3xs or so a yr. ,& Blows, & thats it. Theres even been a cpl xs he didn't even blow bk here.
Sounds like my gardeners. Getting them to trim the hedges is like pulling teeth. The owner of the house next door -- the one currently rented out to the neighbors from hell -- made my life miserable about this almost all the time they were there. Like it's such a serious thing to have plants growing!!! They've got wall to wall concrete and a big pool with a jacuzzi, the very worst possible scenario I could have next door to me. And all that concrete acts like an amplifier. Plus, it's environmentally so irresponsibile, especially here in L.A. where we have killer drought and killer heat. Oh well, I'm so tired of trying to get people to do what they're supposed to do, and of being a good citizen and neighbor when these people aren't! The gardeners aren't real high on my priority list.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hear ya!!!!!
Yeah, these are old condos. We have 7 buildings, only 4 units in ea. Close enough to the college, so when they were built bk in '92, a lot of people bought them as investments for their kids to live while they went to school here. Then became investment properties, renting them, or selling. So we have owners ,& renters out here. In my building, my neighbor & I, both downstairs across from each other have the same owner/ landlord, & he's our handy man, but uses a real estate/ rental office to manage, who we pay rent to, etc... Above me is rented. The girl who lived there bought a house, & now rents this one out. Two girls live up there, & aside from some heavy walking, aren't to bad. Above my neighbor is the only owner in the building. The last guy that owned it used to rent it out, & had some undesirable people there, so after us complaining a lot, he finally fixed it up & sold it. Now a guy ( he's a nurse) & his teenage son live there. They're nice. So we finally have a pretty good group in this building which is good because walls are VERY THIN!

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amen girl!!!
I kinda learned some things the hard way and about the best "learn" was that being lazy/unconcerned/selfish ultimately DOES come back and kick the lazy/unconcerned/selfish one in the face. Those life lessons that people have taught down through the ages (and a lot of them, disregarded as soon as they grow up) are important because they're TRUE.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not to fun on about it, but my gardeners seem to have forgotten the three(!) times they've been asked to top the south hedge. Week after week, and it remains undone. I asked my roomie to talk with them as he has rappot with them. He did. Three weeks ago. It remains as it was. What IS it with them???:mad:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just thought I'd post an update, since it's been awhile. 😊 Panther is doing great.
He had his annual appt Saturday, & everything was good! The Dr. said he was looking great! She said she want to come bk as a cat....at my house! 😄😄 The tech said, "yeah, even as a feral!" 😄 Because I had told them about Honey, & showed pictures of her on her summer canopy & the house set bk up for winter. She loved the canopy/ bed so much, I took the canopy off so I could put the bed inside her house. I had to put it in before I put the roof & front on.
All cozy! Pet heat pad in the middle. 😊

IMG_20221018_165612004.jpg

IMG_20221018_172225145.jpg

After brushing Panther today, I decided to give him a "mohawk" w/ the hair from his brush. 😂 😁
IMG_20221121_162952262.jpg
IMG_20221121_162957879.jpg