Panther has a broken femer!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would certainly be nice, but I just don't know if it will ever be possible. It took her 2 yrs just to trust me to let me pet her, & thats only if im inside the glass doors. I've tried sitting out on the mat, & she wont come to me. She'll only go around 3-4ft away now, but still. I also don't know how Panther would react to her being in here, as its become his territory. When I've cracked the door for them, only a few inches to be safe, that he can't get out, they've had little slap fights w/ thier paws. πŸ˜„. The one time I tried to let her come in & stay in my bathroom (this past winter when it got down to the 20's one wknd,) after I got scratched to death, ( trying to get her down from the sink w/ a towel)... I finally let her bk out. Panther was closed in his room the whole time, because the door had to be open for her to walk in, & then get out. After she left, & I cleaned up the bathroom, I let him out & he went under the bed. A couple hrs later, he threw up all of his dinner, & it had been hrs since he ate, & had never done that Before.
so I think it stressed him out. We both had some rescue remedy after that!!
There's also the fact that I had to get an ESA letter from my Dr. Just to have Panther in here. Not to mention, If I can't handle her, I can't have her in here. I also couldn't afford medical care for her as well.(& being older, im sure shed need a lot)
I hate it, but those are the facts. So I do as much for her as I can & she'll allow. 🧑

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would certainly be nice, but I just don't know if it will ever be possible. It took her 2 yrs just to trust me to let me pet her, & thats only if im inside the glass doors. I've tried sitting out on the mat, & she wont come to me. She'll only go around 3-4ft away now, but still. I also don't know how Panther would react to her being in here, as its become his territory. When I've cracked the door for them, only a few inches to be safe, that he can't get out, they've had little slap fights w/ thier paws. πŸ˜„. The one time I tried to let her come in & stay in my bathroom (this past winter when it got down to the 20's one wknd,) after I got scratched to death, ( trying to get her down from the sink w/ a towel)... I finally let her bk out. Panther was closed in his room the whole time, because the door had to be open for her to walk in, & then get out. After she left, & I cleaned up the bathroom, I let him out & he went under the bed. A couple hrs later, he threw up all of his dinner, & it had been hrs since he ate, & had never done that Before.
so I think it stressed him out. We both had some rescue remedy after that!!
There's also the fact that I had to get an ESA letter from my Dr. Just to have Panther in here. Not to mention, If I can't handle her, I can't have her in here. I also couldn't afford medical care for her as well.(& being older, im sure shed need a lot)
I hate it, but those are the facts. So I do as much for her as I can & she'll allow. 🧑
Life's never without its complications, is it? Very glad Honey has her safe space with you and regular food, water and love.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope everyone's having a nice Sunday.
This past Wednesday was one yr ago, that Panther had his surgery. Im so proud of how great he's done!

Here's a video I shot of us playing this morning. πŸ˜ŠπŸ’™ (sorry its almost 7 mins long, but just went w/ the play session).
We played for awhile before this too.😊
New video by Kelly R

I was busy last wknd too. I put up all my fall & Halloween decorations. My neighbor across the hall & I did a little something in the foyer as well. 😁
IMG_20220917_153542503.jpg
IMG_20220918_113621877.jpg
IMG_20220925_113501022.jpg
IMG_20220920_182115735.jpg
IMG_20220920_201243984.jpg

I had the fall sign above. She had the "hey boo" sign, so we collaborated & did it together.(I usually decorate out there, or hang something). I bought the purple lights at dollar tree, she found little pumpkin lights at big lots. I covered a little box w/ paper to prop up her sign, & bought the little pumpkins. πŸŽƒπŸ˜ We don't get trick or treaters, or anything. Our front doors are lock entry, & only 4 condos per building. 2 up & 2 down. But we love it, & enjoy it. She joked & said we'll have to bring some chairs out there & have a glass of wine or something. πŸ˜„ She even went to Walmart & bought a teal rug to match mine out there.
I said, "now we all cooodinated!" πŸ˜„πŸ˜

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope everyone's having a nice Sunday.
This past Wednesday was one yr ago, that Panther had his surgery. Im so proud of how great he's done!

Here's a video I shot of us playing this morning. πŸ˜ŠπŸ’™ (sorry its almost 7 mins long, but just went w/ the play session).
We played for awhile before this too.😊
New video by Kelly R

I was busy last wknd too. I put up all my fall & Halloween decorations. My neighbor across the hall & I did a little something in the foyer as well. 😁
View attachment 432395View attachment 432396View attachment 432397View attachment 432398View attachment 432399
I had the fall sign above. She had the "hey boo" sign, so we collaborated & did it together.(I usually decorate out there, or hang something). I bought the purple lights at dollar tree, she found little pumpkin lights at big lots. I covered a little box w/ paper to prop up her sign, & bought the little pumpkins. πŸŽƒπŸ˜ We don't get trick or treaters, or anything. Our front doors are lock entry, & only 4 condos per building. 2 up & 2 down. But we love it, & enjoy it. She joked & said we'll have to bring some chairs out there & have a glass of wine or something. πŸ˜„ She even went to Walmart & bought a teal rug to match mine out there.
I said, "now we all cooodinated!" πŸ˜„πŸ˜
I love your decor, especially the big green vase by the fireplace and #3 table decoration!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I got the big teal vase at Ashley furniture years ago, when I got my chair & old couch. Got a gift card for spending a certain amount, & that was 50% off, so used it for that! I strung fairly lights down it of course! Got the white hydrangeas for it at hobby lobby. 😊

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I got the big teal vase at Ashley furniture years ago, when I got my chair & old couch. Got a gift card for spending a certain amount, & that was 50% off, so used it for that! I strung fairly lights down it of course! Got the white hydrangeas for it at hobby lobby. 😊
It's gorgeous. I bought a big blue vase from neighbors having a moving sale when we lived in the Mojave. I'd love a vase like yours! A friend gave me her handmade clay vase when she moved. It's been broken and repaired, but I still love it.
IMG_1449.JPG

Attachments

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats pretty! 😊. I've seen large vases like mine at HomeGoods before, but were clear. They were also only $25!! I think mine was $50 something at half off! Its something I probably never would have gotten, or been able to get if I didn't have that gift card.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats pretty! 😊. I've seen large vases like mine at HomeGoods before, but were clear. They were also only $25!! I think mine was $50 something at half off! Its something I probably never would have gotten, or been able to get if I didn't have that gift card.
Yeah. Big vases like that cost. I don't remember what I paid for this blue one -- it wasn't very much, though. I was basically trying to buy a few little things to help them out with moving costs. This vase was the star of the show, so to speak.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It finally cooled off enough here to turn the air off, & open a cpl of windows. Except... Panther was MerrrOWing at them almost all day yesterday.... driving me nuts!! I finally had to close them, & gave him some rescue remedy after dinner, along w/ 2 other Bach flower essence ( walnut & honeysuckle, for like missing past things, thinking he was missing being outside) I have a bach chart for pets. (when I was a buyer at the co-op, they were one of my accounts). Well, it worked! Like in 30 mins or less!! He came up on the ottoman ( which he rarely does anymore, loving his tree) & started napping.
Then, a little later, he came & laid on me & fell asleep in my arms. I think he wore himself out! He was snoring & really dreaming, because was twitching away, & his tail was going too! 😊
IMG_20220924_174649836.jpg
IMG_20220924_201600046.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It finally cooled off enough here to turn the air off, & open a cpl of windows. Except... Panther was MerrrOWing at them almost all day yesterday.... driving me nuts!! I finally had to close them, & gave him some rescue remedy after dinner, along w/ 2 other Bach flower essence ( walnut & honeysuckle, for like missing past things, thinking he was missing being outside) I have a bach chart for pets. (when I was a buyer at the co-op, they were one of my accounts). Well, it worked! Like in 30 mins or less!! He came up on the ottoman ( which he rarely does anymore, loving his tree) & started napping.
Then, a little later, he came & laid on me & fell asleep in my arms. I think he wore himself out! He was snoring & really dreaming, because was twitching away, & his tail was going too! 😊
View attachment 432402View attachment 432403
I've only ever bought Rescue Remedy, but I can certainly say that it works. I don't doubt the others do, too. Jackson Galaxy also has a line of remedies that sound good.
PANTHER!!! :redheartpump: :purr::redheartpump::loveeyes:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A year already since Panther's surgery! Time really does fly, doesn't it.

He looks so good. All thanks to his mom. :petcat::redheartpump::bigeyes:

Love your Halloween decorations, and your decor in general. You have an eye for interior design. Wonder if you could incorporate that into your cleaning business?

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!! Yes, Im so proud of him.

Yes, I'd love to incorporate that. I do have organizing on my card as well, but haven't had anyone ask for that. (I even posted about it on nextdoor).
I'd love to have more of that vs/ cleaning. Easier on my body! But, cleaning is a regular dependable gig. If I had more time, I'd at least maybe start w/ offering to help set up Christmas decorations, but im pretty fully booked w/ cleaning now.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!! Yes, Im so proud of him.

Yes, I'd love to incorporate that. I do have organizing on my card as well, but haven't had anyone ask for that. (I even posted about it on nextdoor).
I'd love to have more of that vs/ cleaning. Easier on my body! But, cleaning is a regular dependable gig. If I had more time, I'd at least maybe start w/ offering to help set up Christmas decorations, but im pretty fully booked w/ cleaning now.
I used to do organizing as well -- among the hires was the largest archive of its type in the world, as far as we knew, and a voluminous office. I love doing this. In fact, it's hard to tear me away from it once I get started.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another, "I can't believe a year has gone by since Panther had his surgery." He's one lucky guy to have found you. :purr: It had to be fate.

Your Halloween interior design makes me want to dive into my decorations but somehow it's not the same for me since my kids have grown. We used to decorate for every single holiday and enjoyed doing it together. However, I did put a Halloween bow on the front door and will get my pumpkin bucket, stuffed ghost and a few other decorations out for the front hallway. πŸŽƒπŸ‘» Thanks for the reminder! Once again, so happy Panther has recuperated nicely and he's found a special place in your heart.:hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another, "I can't believe a year has gone by since Panther had his surgery." He's one lucky guy to have found you. :purr: It had to be fate.

Your Halloween interior design makes me want to dive into my decorations but somehow it's not the same for me since my kids have grown. We used to decorate for every single holiday and enjoyed doing it together. However, I did put a Halloween bow on the front door and will get my pumpkin bucket, stuffed ghost and a few other decorations out for the front hallway. πŸŽƒπŸ‘» Thanks for the reminder! Once again, so happy Panther has recuperated nicely and he's found a special place in your heart.:hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump:
Thank you!!
Well, its just me here, & I always decorate. I love doing it. Its just nice to look at & enjoy. 😊 I really love having a mantel & harth now to decorate. 😁

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 432402View attachment 432403
awww what a sweet and handsome boy Panther is. He so loves you