Panther has a broken femer!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just looked at this site by the manufacturer, Bayer, & it all sounds as the Dr. Explained.
Most of any more serious side effects are very, very low percentage. Aside of getting through the first 6 months to a yr, it sounds like it'd be worth it for me in the long run.
I was concerned about dizziness, because a few months bk they gave me some premerin cream to try to help hot flashes, but one use & it made me dizzy, so I stopped! But... She said progesterone is different, (& the site says very little enters the bloodstream, as the Dr said its pretty local), so hopefully that won't be an issue past the first 30 minutes or so after insertion. ( Thats what it says there) .

Learn About Mirena® IUD

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just looked at this site by the manufacturer, Bayer, & it all sounds as the Dr. Explained.
Most of any more serious side effects are very, very low percentage. Aside of getting through the first 6 months to a yr, it sounds like it'd be worth it for me in the long run.
I was concerned about dizziness, because a few months bk they gave me some premerin cream to try to help hot flashes, but one use & it made me dizzy, so I stopped! But... She said progesterone is different, (& the site says very little enters the bloodstream, as the Dr said its pretty local), so hopefully that won't be an issue past the first 30 minutes or so after insertion. ( Thats what it says there) .

Learn About Mirena® IUD
Hoping that whatever course of action you choose will be helpful and not harmful in any way.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely. Panther and Honey need their human to be healthy, strong, and happy!
AMEN SISTA!!! 😄😁
The cold pk seemd to help some, so going to do it again soon. I also took 1 Aleve.
Just had a nice big salad I fixed for dinner w/ a pc of grilled chicken cut up on it.

I get those bags if frozen mesquite breast at Sams, & they're so good! (& Only 3 & 1/2 mins in the microwave!)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AMEN SISTA!!! 😄😁
The cold pk seemd to help some, so going to do it again soon. I also took 1 Aleve.
Just had a nice big salad I fixed for dinner w/ a pc of grilled chicken cut up on it.

I get those bags if frozen mesquite breast at Sams, & they're so good! (& Only 3 & 1/2 mins in the microwave!)
Sounds really good. (I don't suppose Panther and/or Honey get a whiff of that, do they?) Our beloved angel Suha was known to haunt the dining room when my roomies were having dinner, especially when they were having salmon. She knew, as does Elvis, that my tray never holds any fasincation whatsoever except on the VERY rare occasions when I make tuna sandwiches. :angrycat::angrycat:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol! Oh yeah, Panther is a food hound! 😄
I sit at the coffee table to eat, & hes always by my side.. just waiting... for anything!
Hes also under my feet in the kitchen!
Heres some evidence 🤨😄 This was one Sunday morning I decided to make french toast, because its been yrs since I had it.
IMG_20220703_120925739_HDR.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol! Oh yeah, Panther is a food hound! 😄
I sit at the coffee table to eat, & hes always by my side.. just waiting... for anything!
Hes also under my feet in the kitchen!
Heres some evidence 🤨😄 This was one Sunday morning I decided to make french toast, because its been yrs since I had it.
View attachment 431791
How much of that did YOU end up having? :lolup::crackup:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Its good for 8 yrs, so would probably get me through menopause. Im just not sure yet.
Kelly, since you said you're 53 you're probably in perimenopause or will be soon so why would you need it for 8 years? Just curious. Also if you had a mini-stroke at 35 you may want to consult with a neurologist about the IUD and it's side effects.

On another note, Panther looks fit as a fiddle. I hope his dental exam goes smoothly and yours too. :crossfingers: Honey has definitely found her spot on your patio. :lovecat:

Happy Belated Birthday! :bday::celebrate: :banana1: Your sister should become a pastry chef. The cake looks divine. 🎂 Speaking of chocolate and orange - I used to love dark chocolate orange peels.

I can tell Panther is eyeing the french toast just waiting for you to share it with him, lol. :lol: I'm sorry you have been through so much aggravation but hope things will work out and you'll feel better soon. Take care of yourself and please keep us posted.:hugs:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly, since you said you're 53 you're probably in perimenopause or will be soon so why would you need it for 8 years? Just curious. Also if you had a mini-stroke at 35 you may want to consult with a neurologist about the IUD and it's side effects.

On another note, Panther looks fit as a fiddle. I hope his dental exam goes smoothly and yours too. :crossfingers: Honey has definitely found her spot on your patio. :lovecat:

Happy Belated Birthday! :bday::celebrate: :banana1: Your sister should become a pastry chef. The cake looks divine. 🎂 Speaking of chocolate and orange - I used to love dark chocolate orange peels.

I can tell Panther is eyeing the french toast just waiting for you to share it with him, lol. :lol: I'm sorry you have been through so much aggravation but hope things will work out and you'll feel better soon. Take care of yourself and please keep us posted.:hugs:
Thank you so much! Yes, the Dr knows my history, etc..so thats why that certain one.
Yeah, I've been in it for at least 3 yrs now, maybe more. Because we don't know how long I'll be going through it, & still having heavy cycles, & last a full wk, & only go about 20-22 days between.(& 40 yrs has been enough!)
Its also a pain when I'm doing such physical work, especially if I've got a big job on my first or second day..but am still heavy enough beyond that. (& In Jan & Feb, I had very heavy bleeding like never before!
My TIA wasn't from usual stroke causes, so its a little different. I had a tare in my R carotid artery behind my R ear, so my body tried to repair the tare w/ a blood clot there, & thats what happened. Didn't have surgery, just was on blood thinners & bk on bp meds for a yr, along w/ MRI's every few months to monitor the healing. Thats why I can't do the others w/ more hormones, which I wouldn't want anyway.

I'm hoping that Panther can wait on the Feb dental month, because its expensive as it is, & I already know he needs one extraction, maybe 2. His R top fang is missing the point. The vet said probably happened in a fight. I hope he doesn't need that taken, but the gums around it does have a little red ring. ..and he will not let me brush his teeth.
The extraction we already know will happen is a lower tooth on the R. Its gray, & almost 2 yrs ago, the vet said it looked like the root was dissolving itself...I think thats what she said, but its been a while, so don't completely remember, but know it will come out. We'll see what she says at his annual nxt mo.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! Yes, the Dr knows my history, etc..so thats why that certain one.
Yeah, I've been in it for at least 3 yrs now, maybe more. Because we don't know how long I'll be going through it, & still having heavy cycles, & last a full wk, & only go about 20-22 days between.(& 40 yrs has been enough!)
Its also a pain when I'm doing such physical work, especially if I've got a big job on my first or second day..but am still heavy enough beyond that. (& In Jan & Feb, I had very heavy bleeding like never before!
My TIA wasn't from usual stroke causes, so its a little different. I had a tare in my R carotid artery behind my R ear, so my body tried to repair the tare w/ a blood clot there, & thats what happened. Didn't have surgery, just was on blood thinners & bk on bp meds for a yr, along w/ MRI's every few months to monitor the healing. Thats why I can't do the others w/ more hormones, which I wouldn't want anyway.

I'm hoping that Panther can wait on the Feb dental month, because its expensive as it is, & I already know he needs one extraction, maybe 2. His R top fang is missing the point. The vet said probably happened in a fight. I hope he doesn't need that taken, but the gums around it does have a little red ring. ..and he will not let me brush his teeth.
The extraction we already know will happen is a lower tooth on the R. Its gray, & almost 2 yrs ago, the vet said it looked like the root was dissolving itself...I think thats what she said, but its been a while, so don't completely remember, but know it will come out. We'll see what she says at his annual nxt mo.
It's said that cats can't taste sweet flavors. But of course, a lot of cats haven't been told that, have they?:lol:
I've heard stories of cats with full mouth extractions eating crunchy food very well. Hoping Panther doesn't have to have many teeth out! but one way or another, he should do just fine with his excellent care.;):yess:
neely neely I loved those, too -- my mom and grandmother did too!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, yes, I love seeing her completely relaxed. I'm sure she doesn't sleep as much at night, being more on guard outside.
Panther was merrrow'ing at the door, so I said, " shes sleeping nicely, don't you wake her up. "

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always hope for the same, neely neely . It would be amazing if Honey could come inside and be with Panther.
angels mommy angels mommy Of COURSE! There are baskets and boxes full of toys all over the house and toys everywhere...some are rotated seasonally, and some are refreshed with catnip and/or 'nip-and-'vine blend. Because absolutely, the more spoiled the better ;) :heartshape: