Panther has a broken femer!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys,. Thanks for checking in. We're doing ok. I've been trying to fill a monthly & a biweekly spot I had come available, so I'm down two clients & that's not good... ( The monthly clients are doin a big remodeling project, so not worth me coming, & the biweekly is going through divorce, & her son moved out of state, so it's just her now, & doesn't need me). I posted on nextdoor, but nothing yet.... Was going to fill the biweekly w/ my dentist, went & gave her an estimate & had date set, but got a text yesterday that they were going to hold off for now, but would let know when they want to begin.
( May be a blessing, it's a big 4 bdrm 3 bath house, & was a little worried if I could handle it w/ the load I already have, &y back.
I need to fill that spot though. Something like a townhouse would be good.
Now here comes some TMI, (Sorry if your reading ,Eric)
I've also still been dealing w/ some female stuff...yay fun! Not! This time around, I've been going for 2 wks now!! Had a couple of heavy days when I should've been slowing down, so not sure what's going on. Last yr. a biopsy revieled I have a fibroid ( not sure if one or more) so that could be what's going on. I have a Drs appt tomorrow afternoon, so we'll see what she says. I definitely can't keep going like this. ( bk in Oct. had a cpl really heavy bad days, & wonder if one burst or what that was??) I just want it over with.
If anything is done, I just hope it's only a one day thing, so I don't have to worry about the kitties. Especially the way they are. Panther still hides under the bed if anyone comes over. Also, because I literally can not afford to take off or miss work for any extended recovery time! Other than a long wknd.
so πŸ€žπŸ™. It's just all been a little overwhelming & stressful.
Not to mention that Panther wakes me up most mornings around 5:30-6 to get up in the window above the bed, & meres or calls for Honey, while I am trying to get a last hr or two of sleep, before a physical job!
So it all just has me wiped out. πŸ₯±
Today, I decided to go bk to bed after feeding them ( usually around 7-7:30) which, on the wind ,I do anyway, but wanted to really try to rest. I just woke bk up a little before noon! I guess I needed it. I'm just tired of feeling tired most of the time!

I hope you all are doing better than I am! ❀

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Panther has made a remarkable recovery thanks to your TLC. :hugs: He's a champ on the cat tree in the video but I felt sad for him when he saw Honey staring in from the patio door. :sigh:

Hope you feel better soon and your doctor appointment goes well tomorrow. :crossfingers: Loss of energy is definitely tough as well as the loss of your two clients. Thinking of you and sending positive vibes.:vibes::vibes::vibes:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much neely! I definitely need all the good vibes & prayers! Two clients is a good chunk of money missing from my income, & my rent just went up $25 ( but greatful that's all). That starts in April, because my lease date is March 13th.

I just made what might as well be brunch now at 1:00! A couple of eggs & a couple of Jimmy Dean turkey sausages.

I treated the kitties & made them a scrambled egg. That was actually the first thing I made Honey. When she showed up one of the first nights & stayed for hrs, I didn't have any chicken or tuna to give her, so at 9 pm, I finally made her an egg! 😊🧑

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly, Good luck with the doctor... (((hugs))). You are feeling so tired because you are probably a little anemic... Let us/me know if you need anything!

In a way, it may be a small blessing for not having the 2 slots filled; You can rest a bit----at least until this issue is cleared up...

Panther looks awesome!! Kind of reminds me of Geoffrey!! always wanting to play! You have done a great job with him..

Honey looks good also.. yes, feel bad that she is looking inside, but you cannot allow any fleas in the house.. especially not now....

((hugs))

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly, Good luck with the doctor... (((hugs))). You are feeling so tired because you are probably a little anemic... Let us/me know if you need anything!

In a way, it may be a small blessing for not having the 2 slots filled; You can rest a bit----at least until this issue is cleared up...

Panther looks awesome!! Kind of reminds me of Geoffrey!! always wanting to play! You have done a great job with him..

Honey looks good also.. yes, feel bad that she is looking inside, but you cannot allow any fleas in the house.. especially not now....

((hugs))
Yes! Definitely! Thanks Cindy. ❀
I do take the Solgar 25 mg. gentle iron every day, so I think that helps. I am going to ask the Dr about it tomorrow though. I also want to do a hormone panel, whatever/ as much as my slide will cover. ( Usually labs are free). This way we can also see where things are. I had blood work done in October, but not hormone stuff.
Yes, I am definitely proud of how great Panther has done. I think having been outside his first 4 yrs was a blessing to prepare him for this, because he's so big & strong from all the running & climbing to the degree he could only have done outside.
I'm so glad he's inside, safe w/ me now though!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I do know is that perimenapause sucks!!! I did talk to a nurse on Thursday, & if I were feeling light headed, or dizzy, they would have had me come in to chk my hemoglobin, but I wasn't, so I was ok.
As terrible as it is, it's considered somewhat " normal" in the realm of perimenapause.
So, yes it will be interesting to see what they say tomorrow.
Unfortunately, my sister & I don't really have any reference to go by, as our mom had a hysterectomy because of endometriosis, as did most of her sisters. My sister, who is 3 yrs younger, is now only getting it maybe one day a month...but, she's had two children, & yrs ago had that scraping procedure, to not get your period any more, or at least lighten it. She only got a light one for about 3 days after that. I'd take that!! So never having had children, I've never had a full shed that happens then. So anyway, I take whatever menopause stories from anyone's experience, I can get. If anyone wants to. PM me w/ theirs, feel free! 😊
.....or we can just start a menopause thread!! πŸ˜„

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an IUD until I could get a tubal, and so I'm very familiar with HEAVYNESS, heavy cramps, and anemia. Very glad not to have to deal with those any more! I've never wanted kids so it was the easiest decision for me to make. Never got any tests and rely on natural (vegetarian, so greens, basically) foods plus basic multivitamin. Sometimes I feel a little anemic, but nothing I can't handle. My roomie complains of dizziness a fair amount of the time, and I suggested she talk to her doctor about this. IDK if she has or not, and/or what steps she's taken to help it. She eats a lot of meat, which I consider unhealthy, but also a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits, which is good for everything health-wise.
Hoping you can get some R&R, Kelly, and regroup after all of that is over. And Panther, sweet boy, cut your mom some slack right now, okay? :redheartpump::bigeyes::redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Kelly, I won't go into detail about perimenopause but couldn't wait for my periods to end, that is until they finally did then I wished I still had them. :wink: Hot flashes, night sweats were the worst for me and all the usual hormonal side effects. However, I was adamant about not taking any HRT, (hormone replacement therapy).:nono: The long term side effects of that can be detrimental to your health and fortunately my doctor did not encourage HRT either. I think it's important to exercise and stay active as well as follow a healthy diet as tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 mentioned. Please keep us posted after your doctor appointment. πŸ€—

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I definitely will! Fortunately, I don't get many hot flashes, if you even want to call the that. Just will occasionally get really warm. No sweat break. ..so far. 🀞
No, I would/ could never do HRT either. My mom was actually part of that class action law suite from getting breast cancer from it.
Plus, having had the mini stroke, bk when was 35, ( I'm 52 now), my nurse/ midwife I see would never put me on it anyway. Even though, the TIA was from a tare in my R corroded arterie behind my R ear. No surgery. They just put me on blood thinners & bp meds for a yr after & had to get MRI's every few months to monitor the healing.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I definitely will! Fortunately, I don't get many hot flashes, if you even want to call the that. Just will occasionally get really warm. No sweat break. ..so far. 🀞
No, I would/ could never do HRT either. My mom was actually part of that class action law suite from getting breast cancer from it.
Plus, having had the mini stroke, bk when was 35, ( I'm 52 now), my nurse/ midwife I see would never put me on it anyway. Even though, the TIA was from a tare in my R corroded arterie behind my R ear. No surgery. They just put me on blood thinners & bp meds for a yr after & had to get MRI's every few months to monitor the healing.
My mom was adamant about no hormones or drugs, either. Some believe that diet rich in soy products such as tofu and edamame (soy beans either in or out of the shell; you boil them and add them to many recipes. Soy is an excellent source of protein) is one reason many women in countries where these foods are eaten regularly have little or no hot flashes.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, unfortunately, I can't do soy. It was worse than dairy on me. Had me looking pregnant!! Unfortunately, because of being on blood pressure meds, there's a lot of herbs I can't take either.πŸ˜•

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the update from today....
The Dr. Was going to try to do an endo biopsy on me, since last was 2 yrs ago, but couldn't get my uterus open enough, & wldv had to dialate me, & either they didn't have what they needed to, or was already painful enough just trying w/o, so decided not to. ..but having a fibroid & polup, she's going to go ahead & recommend a D & C. Said that once they get in there, if they decide to, can also do a procedure, ( burning of the lining) that shld stop any more periods. But that will be up to them. She's going to have someone call to start getting paperwork going on it, since hospital is Novant now, so said prob in about a cpl of months. Also having someone call to schedule to see her again a cpl mo.s.
I really like her. I said," I didn't expect all of this today...."where's my flowers Dr. Pierson" πŸ˜„ she said, "I know, right?!"πŸ˜„

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the update from today....
The Dr. Was going to try to do an endo biopsy on me, since last was 2 yrs ago, but couldn't get my uterus open enough, & wldv had to dialate me, & either they didn't have what they needed to, or was already painful enough just trying w/o, so decided not to. ..but having a fibroid & polup, she's going to go ahead & recommend a D & C. Said that once they get in there, if they decide to, can also do a procedure, ( burning of the lining) that shld stop any more periods. But that will be up to them. She's going to have someone call to start getting paperwork going on it, since hospital is Novant now, so said prob in about a cpl of months. Also having someone call to schedule to see her again a cpl mo.s.
I really like her. I said," I didn't expect all of this today...."where's my flowers Dr. Pierson" πŸ˜„ she said, "I know, right?!"πŸ˜„
Sounds good. Hopefully will BE good.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I chkd out the list. Some if those I can't take, because of being on blood pressure meds, like the black cohosh. I did used to take the Ding quai for a long time, but then read that taking it long term was not good. Don't remember why it was....breast issues maybe,?? & after mom having had breasts cancer, I stopped taking it, but it could be an option again if needed. It's been yrs since I've taken it.. maybe 3-4 yrs??
Wild yam is another option.
Thanks!