Panther has a broken femer!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Great to see he is recovering nicely! One thing I have noticed with my tripod kitty is that there is one spot that is very difficult for him to scratch/groom. It is his left cheek, chin and neck. I found it because he would usually present this area for me to rub. And then he would bliss out as I rubbed/scratched it. In fact, this is how I first made friends with him. I have seen him try to scratch there with his missing left rear leg, but of course, the stump just wiggles while he holds his chin up and no scratching occurs. :( My cat, Tiger had a bad leg for about a year before he came to live with me and perhaps he had not been rubbed on his chin for a while. He's a little obsessive about it now! Have you noticed a similar thing with Panther?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. πŸŽ„πŸ˜Š
Here we are at New Year's Eve already!
I thought I'd post some videos & pictures from Christmas day, & since. πŸ˜ΊπŸ’™
Panther made out pretty good on Christmas! Besides the gift basket the girl from the nextdoor app brought, everyone thought of him. 😊. He got the new tunnel & ping pong balls from me. One of those motion sensored fish from "grandpa & Grama." A new fish wand toy from my sister, & some treats & new balls w/ bells inside from our neighbor across the hall. 😸

Panther loving his new tunnel! 😁

New video by Kelly R

New video by Kelly R

"A kitty Christmas!"
View attachment 406116
Then this happened the other day....
🀨 Lil booger!! πŸ˜„

New video by Kelly R

These were from this morning. πŸ€—
View attachment 406117
View attachment 406118
Dem teefies!!!! πŸ˜‚. "kitty braces anyone!? πŸ˜‚
View attachment 406119
Honey looking in. They were up there together earlier.
View attachment 406120

Oh, & the tunnel does glow in the dark!
Not a great picture, but enough to kinda see.
View attachment 406121
Looks like you all had a very nice Christmas and here's to a happy, healthy, safe 2022 for you all! Panther, you are obviously one popular mancatto!!! :redheartpump: :bigeyes::redtabby::redheartpump:And sweet Honey is looking beautifully floofy, as ever! Happy New Year, all!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, We are doing well. I hope you all are too.
I know, I haven't even posted in a while. I guess after the business of the holidays, & then getting bk to normal. Panther is great. Still flying around here like Superman! πŸ˜„ 🦸
He played a couple of good soccer games with his ping pong balls this wknd. I was at the kitchen sink & turned around to see the rug in front of the glass door all disheveled, balls rolling....πŸ˜„

As for Honey she's still outside. Unfortunately, I think she's just been feral so long. I don't know that it will ever be possible. I'm pretty certain that she's 10, & has been feral her whole life. A lady at my rental mgmnt office used to live out here 9 yrs ago, & said there was a Tortie kitten around bk then, so very possibly cld be her. I've never seen any others around. I say I don't think it'd be possible, because this past wknd, we had a big cold snap. Fri night, (ice/ sleet, etc.. not normal for us here on the NC coast). I opened the door to see if she'd come in, (Put Panther in his rm first, since door wld be open). I thought even if I could just put her in my bathroom for the night, w/ this weather. Despite having a heat pad & blankets in her house.
Well, she came in, & managed to run bk to my bathroom, so I closed all the other doors, so she wouldn't go anywhere else. Prayed she didn't go under my bed. ( Panther has a bed under there). I came BK in the bthrm w/ a towel to try to pick her up, so I could try to maybe put an advantage on her. She was freaking out!!!! She had jumped up on my sink, so I tried to pick her up w/ towel, but she turned & got my hand pretty bad. After that I realized she was a lot more wild then I thought she'd be. Especially because we had been making a little progress. ( I've finally gotten some head bumps on the bk of my hand, if I leave it gently hanging outside the door, as she's walking bk & forth.

But of course that was when she's outside, on her own terms, & me inside the door w/ just my hand or arm out. So I opened the bathroom door & she ran out to the living room, I opened the door, & she BOLTED!! The scratches really hurt!! She didn't come bk until Sunday , yesterday morning. I was praying for her to come bk, so she could get in her cat house w/ the heated pad. We were both tramatized! I think I took rescue remedy 3xs that night, after that!!
Panther was closed in a rm the whole time, but I'm sure just from hearing anything, as well as smelling her in his home,(& feeling the energy), he later threw up his dinner, & he's never done that before, & it had been hrs since he ate. Like maybe 5. So unfortunately, all around it was not good.
I think she's just one of those kitties that will only be happy outside.
I actually took all of the blankets & the heat pad cover out of her house today & washed them, because last night I saw two big racoons out there, & one went looking in there, as well as an opposum did the same a little later. I shoo'd them all away. She FINALLY got in there late last night around 11:00. So it was very stressful to say the least.
πŸ˜•

I was texting my mom about it, telling her that I think we were having a wildlife parade out there, & she said that my dad said to let them know when the monkeys go by! πŸ˜‚
IMG_20220121_203818541.jpg

This one is still really tender!! Thank goodness I have some Rx antibiotic ointment from the Dr. From something else a little while bk.
IMG_20220122_183834038.jpg

All clean!!
IMG_20220124_145630317.jpg

IMG_20220124_145602068_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, We are doing well. I hope you all are too.
I know, I haven't even posted in a while. I guess after the business of the holidays, & then getting bk to normal. Panther is great. Still flying around here like Superman! πŸ˜„ 🦸
He played a couple of good soccer games with his ping pong balls this wknd. I was at the kitchen sink & turned around to see the rug in front of the glass door all disheveled, balls rolling....πŸ˜„

As for Honey she's still outside. Unfortunately, I think she's just been feral so long. I don't know that it will ever be possible. I'm pretty certain that she's 10, & has been feral her whole life. A lady at my rental mgmnt office used to live out here 9 yrs ago, & said there was a Tortie kitten around bk then, so very possibly cld be her. I've never seen any others around. I say I don't think it'd be possible, because this past wknd, we had a big cold snap. Fri night, (ice/ sleet, etc.. not normal for us here on the NC coast). I opened the door to see if she'd come in, (Put Panther in his rm first, since door wld be open). I thought even if I could just put her in my bathroom for the night, w/ this weather. Despite having a heat pad & blankets in her house.
Well, she came in, & managed to run bk to my bathroom, so I closed all the other doors, so she wouldn't go anywhere else. Prayed she didn't go under my bed. ( Panther has a bed under there). I came BK in the bthrm w/ a towel to try to pick her up, so I could try to maybe put an advantage on her. She was freaking out!!!! She had jumped up on my sink, so I tried to pick her up w/ towel, but she turned & got my hand pretty bad. After that I realized she was a lot more wild then I thought she'd be. Especially because we had been making a little progress. ( I've finally gotten some head bumps on the bk of my hand, if I leave it gently hanging outside the door, as she's walking bk & forth.

But of course that was when she's outside, on her own terms, & me inside the door w/ just my hand or arm out. So I opened the bathroom door & she ran out to the living room, I opened the door, & she BOLTED!! The scratches really hurt!! She didn't come bk until Sunday , yesterday morning. I was praying for her to come bk, so she could get in her cat house w/ the heated pad. We were both tramatized! I think I took rescue remedy 3xs that night, after that!!
Panther was closed in a rm the whole time, but I'm sure just from hearing anything, as well as smelling her in his home,(& feeling the energy), he later threw up his dinner, & he's never done that before, & it had been hrs since he ate. Like maybe 5. So unfortunately, all around it was not good.
I think she's just one of those kitties that will only be happy outside.
I actually took all of the blankets & the heat pad cover out of her house today & washed them, because last night I saw two big racoons out there, & one went looking in there, as well as an opposum did the same a little later. I shoo'd them all away. She FINALLY got in there late last night around 11:00. So it was very stressful to say the least.
πŸ˜•

I was texting my mom about it, telling her that I think we were having a wildlife parade out there, & she said that my dad said to let them know when the monkeys go by! πŸ˜‚
View attachment 408681
This one is still really tender!! Thank goodness I have some Rx antibiotic ointment from the Dr. From something else a little while bk.
View attachment 408682

All clean!!
View attachment 408684
View attachment 408683
Hydrogen peroxide and triple antibiotic ointment. They don't look too bad. They probably hurt worse than they are.
Poor Honey! and poor you! (Do you have/could you get any heavy duty gardening or welding type gloves? There are also really cute long hand protectors specifically sold for cat lovers. I have one. It's a leopard print and I used to use it when playing with some of the wilder members of the furmily.) Well, IDK about her never adjusting. That was a very sudden change. Doesn't mean she would never adjust. As for wildlife, we have oppossums, raccoons, squirrels, skunks, rats, mice, lizards, birds, insects around here, and since everyone is good about keeping cats indoors, everyone coexists. I very occasionally see a cat outdoors, which always causes concern, but I don't know where they live or who their caregivers are. Hopefully they are safe and become indoor cats. Honey undoubtedly knows the other animals are around and she deals with them, probably by avoiding them. Of course it would be great if she'd become an indoor cat! but for now, she has her heated home and regular food and clean water, and you looking out for her. This is good.
So glad to hear Panther is continuing to do well and to thrive! *Pix, please!*:redheartpump::bigeyes::redheartpump:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. Yes,. I will always continue to look out for & care for her, but not really having the space, / facility to get her acclimated inside, that will have to be enough. ...and after seeing how much it affected Panther, its not happening.
I have even talked to both vets about it, & they both said that some cats, especially after being outside for so long, just won't acclimate, & aren't happy inside. I couldn't afford vet care for two either. ( Besides the fact, the only reason I'm able to have Panther here is the ESA letter... )

Pictures.....You know I always have some!
Got some new ones of Honey in the bedroom window sil yesterday morning too.
"Tortatude" anyone?!

IMG_20220123_083426048.jpg
IMG_20220123_083226091.jpg
IMG_20220123_112308425_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220123_112433321_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220123_112342292_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220116_111959849_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220124_104103990_HDR.jpg

Blanket's all clean!
IMG_20220124_145602068_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220124_145625853_HDR.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. Yes,. I will always continue to look out for & care for her, but not really having the space, / facility to get her acclimated inside, that will have to be enough. ...and after seeing how much it affected Panther, its not happening.
I have even talked to both vets about it, & they both said that some cats, especially after being outside for so long, just won't acclimate, & aren't happy inside. I couldn't afford vet care for two either. ( Besides the fact, the only reason I'm able to have Panther here is the ESA letter... )

Pictures.....You know I always have some!
Got some new ones of Honey in the bedroom window sil yesterday morning too.
"Tortatude" anyone?!

View attachment 408701View attachment 408702View attachment 408703View attachment 408704View attachment 408705View attachment 408706View attachment 408707
Blanket's all clean!
View attachment 408708
View attachment 408709
Such a gorgeous torti queen! and Panther is looking extremely handsome!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly - I haven't been on this site for a while. I am sorry Panther was hurt. He is stunning!!! I hope you are staying safe
Hi!! πŸ€—
Thank you. It has been quite the journey!
I never would have imagined going through something like this.
I'm just grateful that he made it home, so he could still be here. ❀
He's blown me away at how well he's done.

I think being young & strong made all the difference. He has really been resilient!
It's as if nothing has happened in his mind.
In fact, just last night he did something new.
( But a little naughty!) 🀨
He got up on the chairs, under the table, which was fine. I know he only has so many places to explore. .... but, then he managed to come up from the chairs against the wall, & get up on the table! I did not expect that!!
I said, "NO SIR, Get down!" ....and he jumped down like no big deal! 😯 He's not jumped off anything higher than my bed before, so I was surprised,... yet not. He's so big & strong!

I understand. I'm not on here as much as I used to be, or would like to be.
Life / work gets so busy. Then when you have down time, you just want to/ need to relax! πŸ€ͺ
I hope you & the boys have been doing well.
It's so nice to hear from you. 😊

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi!! πŸ€—
Thank you. It has been quite the journey!
I never would have imagined going through something like this.
I'm just grateful that he made it home, so he could still be here. ❀
He's blown me away at how well he's done.

I think being young & strong made all the difference. He has really been resilient!
It's as if nothing has happened in his mind.
In fact, just last night he did something new.
( But a little naughty!) 🀨
He got up on the chairs, under the table, which was fine. I know he only has so many places to explore. .... but, then he managed to come up from the chairs against the wall, & get up on the table! I did not expect that!!
I said, "NO SIR, Get down!" ....and he jumped down like no big deal! 😯 He's not jumped off anything higher than my bed before, so I was surprised,... yet not. He's so big & strong!

I understand. I'm not on here as much as I used to be, or would like to be.
Life / work gets so busy. Then when you have down time, you just want to/ need to relax! πŸ€ͺ
I hope you & the boys have been doing well.
It's so nice to hear from you. 😊
The "characters" always seem to find you. I have a new kitty too, I posted his pictures on the New Intro section.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made it to the end lol, OMG what a journey. Panther is a beautiful cat and you are a beautiful soul for taking such good care of him.
Awww, Thank you so much Eric! Thanks for reading through all of it.
As hard as it's been, emotionally & financially, we've gotten through it, through the grace of God, & the angels here on earth he put in our path to help us.
Even though I didn't recoope all the cash I had on hand, & used at the ER & vets, before using the care credit, the GoFundMe enabled me to pay the care credit off. For that I greatful!

Everyone here & on my nextdoor app has been so helpful! In fact, one of the ladies from nextdoor who donated a few xs, & has been supportive, is going to come by today to bring me some large styrophme prices to help insulate Honeys house even more. She has some left over from ones she's built for the colonies she cares for, so we will finally get to meet today. 😊 Unfortunately, Panther will probably be under the bed, so I don't think she'll get to meet him. I'd love for him to get more socialized, but he runs under the bed any time just one person comes over.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Honey is such a striking tortie but I understand her need to live outdoors albeit you'd be a great cat mom and would dote on her with all your affection. πŸ€— Panther looks handsome as ever, his name truly fits him to a T. :bigeyes: