Panther has a broken femer!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So cute! His fort reminds me of stuff I used to do when I was small, like using the picnic table, blankets, and rocks (not the safest, but they anchored the blankets to the table--I'd never use them now, with cats!) to make forts, and also making tunnels out of branches after my dad pruned the elm tree. I used to make houses out of books, too, to play with dolls with friends. Always something creative and intriguing -- and cats love that kind of play because it mimics their denning and hunting behaviors! That's a great setup Panther has. I have a lazy Big Blue laptop now and I hope he and Baby Su have finished their breakfast/brunch by now!
Yes, I remember doing stuff like that too.
blankets over chairs, or when we had bunk beds, covering the open front.
Yes, he's loving it!
Finish breakfast or brunch? Its almost 8:15 pm here. Where are you in such a different time zone? If you don't mind me asking.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I remember doing stuff like that too.
blankets over chairs, or when we had bunk beds, covering the open front.
Yes, he's loving it!
Finish breakfast or brunch? Its almost 8:15 pm here. Where are you in such a different time zone? If you don't mind me asking.
1714/5:24 pm PST here. They are slow on their food. So many people worry about their cats eating too much -- I obsess over mine not eating enough. Suha is 17 and Elvis is 14, so it's better they don't overeat. They're physically in good shape and at good weight. But they both love their Blue Buffalo mature cat dry food and that's supposed to SUPPLEMENT their wet food. Ideally, I want them eating 3 cans (5.5 oz. each) between them every day. But a lot of days I'm lucky if they finish 2. They're not skinny. But I'm an aspy, concerned guardian. So many of the kinds the larger feline furmily used to love get a turned tail from these two, so I'm constantly editing our repeat delivery items.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Was just playing with Panther, & had to rig his paper fort, because it was starting to fall. So I put his snake wand toy wedged under the hope chest lid to hold it up & have it held under things on top. He loves it! He runs in his tunnel like, " get me mommy!"
I think Panther has found a new playmate and is loving being an indoor cat. :dancingblackcat:The two of you compliment each other well.:catlove:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Panther has found a new playmate and is loving being an indoor cat. :dancingblackcat:The two of you compliment each other well.:catlove:
Aww, thanks. He just still needs to learn to play more gentle with me. He is definitely ready for another "Mani, Pedi." So I'm glad his annual is Sat!! If he does something to hard, or bites to hard, I walk away, & say, "to hard, hurt mommy, no more play."
He's doing pretty well, but still acclimating to being inside a bit. He cries at the door a lot when he sees Honey, sometimes doing that "Merrrr OW" call. Even when she's right there. A lot of nights he wakes me up doing it. Like this morning at 3:45! I bought some calming treats that have velarian, chamomile, etc.. in them & can give one every 6 hrs, but at 5 & 1/2 hrs is when he woke me, so gave another....but he woke me up again at 6:00! So, my friend told me to ask the vet about melatonin on Sat. I can't keep losing sleep w/ it getting disruptied every night! Its really affecting me.
IMG_20211123_203532194_HDR.jpg

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Was just playing with Panther, & had to rig his paper fort, because it was starting to fall. So I put his snake wand toy wedged under the hope chest lid to hold it up & have it held under things on top. He loves it! He runs in his tunnel like, " get me mommy!"
Then, a couple of xs he's darted out of it while I was walking away & tagged my foot! :lol:
View attachment 402313View attachment 402314
This reminds me so much of Artie. He would hid in his tunnel, wait until I walked by, to tag my ankles and then run off~~ waiting for me to chase him.

Artie also Loved his 'tents". I had tents everywhere for him! All I had to do was say: Tent? and he would come running.

Geoffrey's idea of a 'tent' is going under my bedspread! no where else.. just there. He does seem to under stand the word, Tent.. and brushy, brush brush... and cuddle. and of course, num-mums, nummies....crunchies.....

So Happy Panther is getting good use of the tunnel! I knew he would.

I know you are going to have a very very thankful Thanksgiving...

love...

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This reminds me so much of Artie. He would hid in his tunnel, wait until I walked by, to tag my ankles and then run off~~ waiting for me to chase him.

Artie also Loved his 'tents". I had tents everywhere for him! All I had to do was say: Tent? and he would come running.

Geoffrey's idea of a 'tent' is going under my bedspread! no where else.. just there. He does seem to under stand the word, Tent.. and brushy, brush brush... and cuddle. and of course, num-mums, nummies....crunchies.....

So Happy Panther is getting good use of the tunnel! I knew he would.

I know you are going to have a very very thankful Thanksgiving...

love...
Aww, Artie 💕💕. Yes,, thank you again Sooo much, Panther LOVES hiss tunnel!!! 😸
Yes,,, definitely thankful ❤

love ya!

I'm off to work today 😑. Have the other beach condo, then the acupuncture office.
Then home to bake carrot cake cupcakes, & probably do the floors!
Tomorrow will be nice. My nephew & his new wife are hosting dinner. 😊
(& I'm looking forward to watching the parade & the dog show) 😁

Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, artiemom artiemom I remember that so well! Artie did love his tunnels! Geoffrey has a great understanding of your hoomanspeak -- what other words do you really need to know?😸

Since Panther is fairly new still to being indoors, I'm thinking that in time he will love his routine and safe comfort and he'll stop with the late-thirty wakeup calls.

I have a new problem here -- the light that the people next door leave on all night has been augmented by a REALLY BRIGHT!!! floodlight that shines RIGHT IN MY EYES ALL NIGHT LONG!!! I've had to put foil on one row of windows (looks awful, but...) to shut it out as I did not sleep at all the first night they had it on, and having insomnia anyway doesn't help. The woman is really superstitious and scared so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it but, behind a locked gate, you HAVE to have this? It's like being in prison.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She would have to adjust it so it just shines on her property. It CANNOT shine right on your house! Call your local law enforcement and complain. Here, you cannot have anything that disturbs your neighbors after 10 PM. Do you have room darkening shades on your windows? That would help too. We had a neighbor like that when we lived at the lake, the other neighbor shot out the lights with a pellet gun! They got the hint.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She would have to adjust it so it just shines on her property. It CANNOT shine right on your house! Call your local law enforcement and complain. Here, you cannot have anything that disturbs your neighbors after 10 PM. Do you have room darkening shades on your windows? That would help too. We had a neighbor like that when we lived at the lake, the other neighbor shot out the lights with a pellet gun! They got the hint.
It's a long story and difficult and I thank you for your post, di and bob di and bob -- my house is custom built and needs to have custom shades. One of them is missing due to my ex saying he would find a replacement and taking it. He never returned it or replaced it and we no longer talk. So that one's missing.
The house is owned by someone I had trouble with but finally made friends with to some extent. He is now leasing or renting it to these people. I do not have contact info for him or for them. We say hello occasionally when I see one of them outside but that's it. I do not want to offend or cause problems (for myself, primarily) so do not want to call the cops on them. We do have the disturbance of the peace law which I think is national), but it depends on the individual as to whether it is enforced or not. For now, I've put some foil over that row of windows (very badly, too) and if I see the lessee/renter outside I will ask him if he would be so kind as to turn it off. I did get sleep last night with the foil up, so even if I never get to talk to him, I can deal with it until the weather turns warm and I need to open windows again. It does feel bad, though, because I own my house but I feel like my quality of life is worse because of this.
I just looked at shades at 2 places -- Home Depot and Blinds To Go -- and they're $$$ even for just plain white room darkening shades. And they don't even have or make the smallest width I would need, never mind the depth.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called the PD about this and the one I spoke to said he was "not aware of any illegality" in him having this. He suggested I ask him to "angle it so it's not shining in your room." Wonderful!!! So I wrote a note and put it under the flap of their (locked) mailbox. After running the gauntlet of their surveillance camera.
I'm hoping Panther and Honey don't ever have to deal with this kind of thing (bringing it back on topic)!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
di and bob di and bob :wave3: Hi!!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , It not good having to deal with neighbor issues. I definitely know that! Very thin walls, floors/ ceilings, here!! You'd think these places were built in the 70's or 80's, but when I looked it up, it was in '92.

I really hope your neighbors will be understanding, & just not have realized that it was shining in your room, & move it.
Seems like it'd be angled more down towards the yard & around the house anyway, not right at someone's window.
.....Some people just have no clue, or consideration! 🙄
Seems like people don't think outside of themselves these days...

Well, I am Sore! ..and tired!! I finished cleaning my two places today, & was sitting in the bank drive through, & thought...🤔
I Don't feel to bad maybe I'll try to go ahead & do the chiro office. I was really close by, & on my way home anyway, so I text her to see when she would be finished today, & she had just finished. Told her I was on my way.
So it was a long, tough day, BUT, Now, I won't have to work Friday!! YAY!!
Still had to come home & make cupcakes though. Just finished those. Just have to Frost them. I'm definitely going to bed early tonight!! With some ibuprofen! Got the tens unit on my low back now. . I finally just sat down for a little while. Panther is next to my legs on the ottoman. 😊

Going to Frost the cupcakes, & then make a salad for dinner, & relax for the rest of the evening!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!! 🤗

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
di and bob di and bob :wave3: Hi!!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , It not good having to deal with neighbor issues. I definitely know that! Very thin walls, floors/ ceilings, here!! You'd think these places were built in the 70's or 80's, but when I looked it up, it was in '92.

I really hope your neighbors will be understanding, & just not have realized that it was shining in your room, & move it.
Seems like it'd be angled more down towards the yard & around the house anyway, not right at someone's window.
.....Some people just have no clue, or consideration! 🙄
Seems like people don't think outside of themselves these days...

Well, I am Sore! ..and tired!! I finished cleaning my two places today, & was sitting in the bank drive through, & thought...🤔
I Don't feel to bad maybe I'll try to go ahead & do the chiro office. I was really close by, & on my way home anyway, so I text her to see when she would be finished today, & she had just finished. Told her I was on my way.
So it was a long, tough day, BUT, Now, I won't have to work Friday!! YAY!!
Still had to come home & make cupcakes though. Just finished those. Just have to Frost them. I'm definitely going to bed early tonight!! With some ibuprofen! Got the tens unit on my low back now. . I finally just sat down for a little while. Panther is next to my legs on the ottoman. 😊

Going to Frost the cupcakes, & then make a salad for dinner, & relax for the rest of the evening!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!! 🤗
Sounds like you powered through and now you can enjoy your long weekend. I hope so, anyway!
Yeah, I don't know what happened with so many people -- it's like a step from anarchy. No wonder everyone's unhappy, sick, and all the rest! I'm fighting NOT to be all of those things and it gets harder and harder. Today I scrubbed and scrubbed the stove to get rid of the cooking oil and food deposits my roomie is supposed to clean after she slops food all over it. She is very lazy, careless, and only seems to think of herself, so I keep reminding her. She had a bad childhood, and says her mom did not teach her anything so I have inherited her kid (who's older than I am). I love my roomies but at times like these... 🤬
Experts in sleep science (or whatever it's called -- it shouldn't even be a thing, as we all need to sleep! and it's so basic. But anyway) say a dark, cool environment is most conducive to restful sleep. I agree. Why people need lights on all night is beyond me. There are street lights here. They have a locking gate. This is one of the safest cities in the country, or so they say. It's a very low crime neighborhood. I don't get it.
Anyway, I left the note, cleaned the stove, called my ISP and got my gateway rebooted, cleaned the house, and am hoping to have a sort of relaxing evening/night. We don't have a holiday so it's just Thursday for us.
May you, Panther, and Honey have a good weekend! SNORGLES on them...and hope you feel better!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. Well, as far as your roommate, the next time she uses that as an excuse, I'd tell her, well, now your a grown woman, & know better, so do better. I'm not your maid!
I'm touch a clean & neat freak to ever have a roommate unless they were the same.

Thanks, I hope I can get some good sleep tonight. I've been so busy & tired, I haven't given Panther any playtime. He played a little on his own, but not much. I'm just to tired!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. Well, as far as your roommate, the next time she uses that as an excuse, I'd tell her, well, now your a grown woman, & know better, so do better. I'm not your maid!
I'm touch a clean & neat freak to ever have a roommate unless they were the same.

Thanks, I hope I can get some good sleep tonight. I've been so busy & tired, I haven't given Panther any playtime. He played a little on his own, but not much. I'm just to tired!
I hope so, too. I hope we both can! and that sweet Panther will be up for a play session sometimes over the weekend. He is such a cute guy when he plays!
I would, but she has cognitive issues. They both do. I didn't know it when I invited them. I love them both, and as long as we can deal with it, I hope we can stay together. I patiently explained about the stove and she apologized and said she'd keep it clean.
Enjoy your holiday/long weekend and Elvis sends big PURRS! Suha does too, I'm sure, from the other room.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, yes, we're doing well. Meant to post yesterday, but turned out to be a busier day than expected. Friday evening I took the bthrm rug up, put down a puppy pad, & got a little bowl of alcohol, ready to use the flea comb on Panther. I was very surprised at how many I got!! 😮 From what I could count in the bowl, there were about 23!! I was astonished!! Afterwards, I took a cat wipe to him & gave him a good scritchy rub down, trying to get down to the skin level.
Saturday morning before his appt, I decided to go over him once more, & got 3!
So, at his appt I asked about it, having been a week since the capstar & Advantage!
She said I could switch to Revolution, that it works better, & could do it in a couple of wks, at 3 wks. So that's what I'm going to do. (I believe this is why I switched to Revolution with Sammie).
His visit went well. He was tested this time, & the heartworm, lukimea, & FIV all were negative!! 😸 I was hoping he weighed the same, (13lbs) ,or a little less, but he was 13.7. So trying to keep him there, or less. He's a big, long, tall boy, so he was 14.5 before the amputation.
SO, after all of that, I came home & did 5 loads of laundry!!! Just to be on the safe side, I washed my comforter again, as well as the quilt, about 6 blankets that were out, or had been recently. Plus my clothes as usual. I had vacuumed Wedns, but did it again, as well as today. Its not like I've seen any, or been bitten. I think the most have just stayed on him, but am trying to make sure there are no eggs or larve, so there's not another cycle of this!! I also ordered a lrg container of the Pets best home spray ( for that reason), for cats, to spray the floors, & under furniture. I'd rather be overactive about it, than not.
its really crazy he had that many after not being out for 2 months! Now that he's tested negative for lukimea, he can't have any face time w/ Honey anymore either, in case she has it. I still open the door a couple of inches where they can smell each other, but not touch noses. ( Although, in the past, he's eaten out of her bowl, & doesn't have it, but just to be safe from here on out).
So, having all these days off have not been as relaxing as I'd hoped & needed! So I tried to relax this afternoon & evening.
Panther was totally fine after his shots yesterday, played, etc.. but this evening he's been under the bed mostly since dinner, so he may be feeling it a little today.
( But did more taring up of his cardboard scratcher this morning!) Little stinker!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Excellent about GoFundMe! Sometimes people do care.
Yeah, the thing with fleas is that they don't have to be in your environment to begin with. If people walk dogs in your neighborhood, you can pick them up that way, or from wild creatures. They can be in the grass and get on your shoes or pants legs without your knowing, and then jump off-- and onto your cats! It really is maddening and no matter how much you clean, it can happen, over and over. We were fortunate with Advantage and FleaBusters two locations ago. Amazingly, there don't seem to be fleas at the last location, probably because at that elevation (4,100 feet) with snow in winter and freezes, flea eggs can't survive. And here, we've been fortunate, but I do keep Advantage on hand, just in case.
Poor Panther! Hoping he is feeling better soon. Those innoculations can really pack a wallop.