Panther has a broken femer!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely putting his hunting skills to work...which was the whole idea. To help keep him mentally stimulated, but I hope he doesn't tare up the other two as well. Its still usable ...until it gets shredded!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I noticed a lot of flea dirt, which freaked me out, because of course he hasn't been outside since his accident, almost 2 months now! Didn't have a flea comb, ( have a whole set ordered now!!) So used a fine tooth comb I had on him. Walked by the bathroom, & he was sitting on the toilet, lol, so took advantage & combed him really good there. I only saw 1 flea when tapping the comb out in the sink, so quickly rinsed it down! ( But lots of dirt!!) 😯 He must've gotten some from me letting him & Honey bump heads in the doorway while I held him. So I called the vets to see if they could bath him next Saturday when we're there for his annual, but their grooming is booked until February!!
(& Don't do it on Saturdays, since only there until 12) , So asked to be put on a cancellation list. He'd have to be sedated to do it.
I went & picked up a capstar pill from them today, then to Walmart for a 2 ok of Advantage 2. I gave him the pill at 12:30 this afternoon when I got home. I was going to wait to put the advantage on tomorrow morning, but saw one on his face, so got it!
Gave him another good combing, & used some cat wipes I bought on him. Went ahead & put it on him at 1:00.
No more "face time" w/ Honey!! Sad, but just can't! At least they can see each other through the glass door.
Vacuumed for the third time this WK!
I usually vacuum twice a WK anyway, but wasn't taking any chances!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I noticed a lot of flea dirt, which freaked me out, because of course he hasn't been outside since his accident, almost 2 months now! Didn't have a flea comb, ( have a whole set ordered now!!) So used a fine tooth comb I had on him. Walked by the bathroom, & he was sitting on the toilet, lol, so took advantage & combed him really good there. I only saw 1 flea when tapping the comb out in the sink, so quickly rinsed it down! ( But lots of dirt!!) 😯 He must've gotten some from me letting him & Honey bump heads in the doorway while I held him. So I called the vets to see if they could bath him next Saturday when we're there for his annual, but their grooming is booked until February!!
(& Don't do it on Saturdays, since only there until 12) , So asked to be put on a cancellation list. He'd have to be sedated to do it.
I went & picked up a capstar pill from them today, then to Walmart for a 2 ok of Advantage 2. I gave him the pill at 12:30 this afternoon when I got home. I was going to wait to put the advantage on tomorrow morning, but saw one on his face, so got it!
Gave him another good combing, & used some cat wipes I bought on him. Went ahead & put it on him at 1:00.
No more "face time" w/ Honey!! Sad, but just can't! At least they can see each other through the glass door.
Vacuumed for the third time this WK!
I usually vacuum twice a WK anyway, but wasn't taking any chances!
Just thoughts: Advantage topical works very well and is the only flea stuff I trust. Along with a flea comb, you should see success quickly.
Also, unless you know and can trust the "groomers" you might want to groom at home. I would NEVER release my cats into the hands of these people, because of horror stories I've heard about dogs at groomers. Cats are far more fragile, and they have teeth and claws, so the risk is far greater. Sedation can be very dangerous and I would only do it for a necessary medical procedure, never for grooming. But again, these are just my thoughts.
Fleabusters powder *there is a spray, too, which I've never used* works very well on the environment (rugs, carpet) used as directed and is safe for cats.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just thoughts: Advantage topical works very well and is the only flea stuff I trust. Along with a flea comb, you should see success quickly.
Also, unless you know and can trust the "groomers" you might want to groom at home. I would NEVER release my cats into the hands of these people, because of horror stories I've heard about dogs at groomers. Cats are far more fragile, and they have teeth and claws, so the risk is far greater. Sedation can be very dangerous and I would only do it for a necessary medical procedure, never for grooming. But again, these are just my thoughts.
Fleabusters powder *there is a spray, too, which I've never used* works very well on the environment (rugs, carpet) used as directed and is safe for cats.
Thanks, but thankfully, I am not seeing any in the rug, & I've been vacuuming a lot, just to be on the safe side. ( & Diff directions ev time). I seriously think he probably only had like 2-4 🤷 because I've only seen 3, that I've gotten. (& Was such minimal contact w/ Honey.
Yes, I used to use Advantage multi on Angel & Sammie, & then had switched to Revolution for Sammie.
As for grooming. Its at my vets, who are a cats only hospital & they are all great there. I have been going there for almost 12 Yrs now, & love & completely trust them 100% , & that is saying a lot! I haven't met one person there that I didn't like or trust.
I really couldn't speak highly enough of them. ❤ I just wanted to make sure all the dirt was washed away. ( Especially because he's sleeping w/ me now, so he doesn't cry & keep waking me up at night. He wld cry at the door for Honey, or to be let in my room).
I didn't see much of any from the second combing, so hopefully I got most of it, along w/ the wipes & him grooming.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, but thankfully, I am not seeing any in the rug, & I've been vacuuming a lot, just to be on the safe side. ( & Diff directions ev time). I seriously think he probably only had like 2-4 🤷 because I've only seen 3, that I've gotten. (& Was such minimal contact w/ Honey.
Yes, I used to use Advantage multi on Angel & Sammie, & then had switched to Revolution for Sammie.
As for grooming. Its at my vets, who are a cats only hospital & they are all great there. I have been going there for almost 12 Yrs now, & love & completely trust them 100% , & that is saying a lot! I haven't met one person there that I didn't like or trust.
I really couldn't speak highly enough of them. ❤ I just wanted to make sure all the dirt was washed away. ( Especially because he's sleeping w/ me now, so he doesn't cry & keep waking me up at night. He wld cry at the door for Honey, or to be let in my room).
I didn't see much of any from the second combing, so hopefully I got most of it, along w/ the wipes & him grooming.
Excellent! And it sounds like a great hospital. We have two cats-only hospitals in the general area that I know of but they are too far for us. I just looked them up, though, and thankfully, both are still open and have glowing reviews. It's not easy to find such high quality care for our beloved cats!
Hoping no more fleas. Are you able to apply a flea topical to Honey? It's so hard knowing fleas can cause illnesses to cats and to not be able to help them in this way. I used to have to chase after our "community cats" two locations ago to do the topicals -- angel Mehndi in particular used to hate it and he'd run wild-eyed away from me as soon as I was able to apply the Advantage!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, that's the whole point in trying to work with her, so I can, but almost a yr & ,1/2 & still can't pet her, just get hissed at.
Keep up the good work, though. It took around two years for our community matriarch, Maa, to trust us enough to let us touch her, but she finally did, and we got her spayed, innoculated, vet check and were able to give her good care.
IMG_0213.JPG

*Beautiful angel Maa, matriarch of the "barnies"* :hearthrob:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning ladies 😁 I Finally got some good sleep! Got up to feed the kitties at 7:30, then went bk to bed around 8:15, & slept until almost 11:00!! So got maybe around 10 hrs or a little more! I can never sleep in anymore, even when I try, so that was SO nice! I've only done that once before recently. Of course I had the help of a kitty weighted blanket. 😉😸. (haven't seen anymore dirt either...thank goodness! & I really looked at the quilt closely this morning).
Here's some pictures & a video of Panther when I got up. 😊❤ You'll see his fur is really growing in nicely. :purr::dancingblackcat:
IMG_20211121_110434854_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211121_110500031_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211121_110529683_HDR.jpg

New video by Kelly R

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning ladies 😁 I Finally got some good sleep! Got up to feed the kitties at 7:30, then went bk to bed around 8:15, & slept until almost 11:00!! So got maybe around 10 hrs or a little more! I can never sleep in anymore, even when I try, so that was SO nice! I've only done that once before recently. Of course I had the help of a kitty weighted blanket. 😉😸. (haven't seen anymore dirt either...thank goodness! & I really looked at the quilt closely this morning).
Here's some pictures & a video of Panther when I got up. 😊❤ You'll see his fur is really growing in nicely. :purr::dancingblackcat:
View attachment 402097View attachment 402098View attachment 402099
New video by Kelly R
Panther looks very handsome against the beautiful colorful duvet and his coat is lustrous! Yes, fur-growing is serious business and it looks like you are doing well with this, giving him good food for conversion into thick, soft coat. So glad no more dirt! and hoping Honey will let you help her with this soon, too!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I got a whole flea comb set I ordered from Amazon, as well as a nice self cleaning slicker brush. (Which is a lot bigger than I thought it'd be!)
I'll probably use the combs to go bk over him this wknd sometime. After a capstar & Advantage 2, I think we're good, but just want to make sure he's clean after all that! I'm even going to order the Vets best dry cat shampoo this WK.
Its finally gotten cold here. We have a cold front coming. It only got up to maybe 50 today, but feels like mid 40's.
Its in the mid 40's now, & it's going down to 30 tonight! So will feel colder. This morning I didn't unplug the heat pad in the cat house, I left it on for Honey, so she's been staying in there most of the time. Its really windy too.
So it will stay on for the next couple of days. (Hopefully it won't increase my power bill much, I don't think it will.🤞). Its supposed to be in the mid 60's on Thanksgiving, so maybe I'll get to unplug it for that day at least.
Here she is in there this morning. 😊
IMG_20211123_093255560.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I got a whole flea comb set I ordered from Amazon, as well as a nice self cleaning slicker brush. (Which is a lot bigger than I thought it'd be!)
I'll probably use the combs to go bk over him this wknd sometime. After a capstar & Advantage 2, I think we're good, but just want to make sure he's clean after all that! I'm even going to order the Vets best dry cat shampoo this WK.
Its finally gotten cold here. We have a cold front coming. It only got up to maybe 50 today, but feels like mid 40's.
Its in the mid 40's now, & it's going down to 30 tonight! So will feel colder. This morning I didn't unplug the heat pad in the cat house, I left it on for Honey, so she's been staying in there most of the time. Its really windy too.
So it will stay on for the next couple of days. (Hopefully it won't increase my power bill much, I don't think it will.🤞). Its supposed to be in the mid 60's on Thanksgiving, so maybe I'll get to unplug it for that day at least.
Here she is in there this morning. 😊
View attachment 402303
Awww, she looks all curled up comfy in there! :loveeyes: :hearthrob::creampersian::hearthrob:That's really nice.
Yeah, it sounds like Panther is completely insured against the mighty biters!:redheartpump::bigeyes::redheartpump:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, she looks all curled up comfy in there! :loveeyes: :hearthrob::creampersian::hearthrob:That's really nice.
She is. I'm really glad she's staying in there most of the time.

Yeah, it sounds like Panther is completely insured against the mighty biters!:redheartpump::bigeyes::redheartpump:
Yes, I certainly hope so after all that!
I'd do it tonight if I weren't so tired & sore! Had the big old historical house downtown today. Takes me 4 hrs to do.
I just realized earlier that I really bruised my hand today! It was really sore, & hurt, so I was rubbing it, then saw this! I think it's from today. I took the head off of the Shark stick vac to use to stick to vacuum up the wood stairs, it was a little heavy on my hand, & now I see what it did! That's never happened before!!
Ouch!! Guess I'll put some arnica on it.
IMG_20211123_180619509.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I certainly hope so after all that!
I'd do it tonight if I weren't so tired & sore! Had the big old historical house downtown today. Takes me 4 hrs to do.
Yeah, when people talk enviously about living in big houses I always SMH. No thanks! This one is big enough and then some for me. That's why I got roomies. ;) Hope your hand feels better soon!
Well, if he's had his Advantage, he's surely flea-free. I wouldn't worry about that. Get some R&R and feel better soon! I know how that goes. SNORGLES to Panther and virtually, to Honey, too:redheartpump::bigeyes::redheartpump::hearthrob::creampersian::hearthrob:

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was just playing with Panther, & had to rig his paper fort, because it was starting to fall. So I put his snake wand toy wedged under the hope chest lid to hold it up & have it held under things on top. He loves it! He runs in his tunnel like, " get me mommy!"
Then, a couple of xs he's darted out of it while I was walking away & tagged my foot! :lol:
IMG_20211123_191606179.jpg
IMG_20211123_191618133_HDR.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was just playing with Panther, & had to rig his paper fort, because it was starting to fall. So I put his snake wand toy wedged under the hope chest lid to hold it up & have it held under things on top. He loves it! He runs in his tunnel like, " get me mommy!"
Then, a couple of xs he's darted out of it while I was walking away & tagged my foot! :lol:
View attachment 402313View attachment 402314
So cute! His fort reminds me of stuff I used to do when I was small, like using the picnic table, blankets, and rocks (not the safest, but they anchored the blankets to the table--I'd never use them now, with cats!) to make forts, and also making tunnels out of branches after my dad pruned the elm tree. I used to make houses out of books, too, to play with dolls with friends. Always something creative and intriguing -- and cats love that kind of play because it mimics their denning and hunting behaviors! That's a great setup Panther has. I have a lazy Big Blue laptop now and I hope he and Baby Su have finished their breakfast/brunch by now!