Panther has a broken femer!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Temptations started irritating Mingo's tummy, and he threw them up, so I stopped buying them. I buy Dentalife treats now from Chewy. I think it helps their teeth - they actually have to chew them and can't swallow the pieces whole.
I'm surprised those don't as well. I just looked at them on chewy, & the first 3 ingredients were corn, corn gluten, & chicken meal. 🤷

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoping all is well with you, Panther and Honey, angels mommy angels mommy and that you are all having a good weekend...:bouquet:
Hi, yes we're all doing ok. I had a pretty bad week though, so been laying low.
Seems like one thing after another. Wedns my clients forgot to take their plug in's out before I got there ( they're older, & were on their way to a funeral so just forgot.) So I took them out as soon as I got there. ( I don't know why they even have them, no pets, etc..) so I had a headache in like 5 mins! Turned ceiling fans on to help air it out, but didn't really help. Then that evening I felt lightheaded, not quite dizzy all night & the next morning. I knew it wasn't my BP, because my #s have been good. (Even on Mon at my teeth cleaning). So I called to try to get in w/ my NP. He's off on Thurs's, so got in w/ another. She was good too. My dad drove me. She went through a whole chk list of things. She also noticed that my L ear didn't look like it was draining as well, a little narrower on that side. So gave me Flonase to help shrink that tissue. It's really helped. ....Then, after having my pd for almost 2 wks in a row, ( only 2 days off between), I was done for only 4 days, & it showed up again Fri!! ... I mean give a girl a break!! So I left a msg for my nurse/ midwife who does my gyn stuff to see if that's normal perimenapause stuff, or should I make an appt... Then on top of all that, maybe it was my hormones, but had the opposite of my usual morning IBS, yesterday, so was uncomfortable for over 24 hrs! ( Despite probiotics, some probiotic tea, plenty of water, etc..) ...So I've had enough!
It's just all wiped me out, so after getting up to feed the kitties this morning, I went bk to bed!
Also did 5 loads of laundry yesterday! Got bthrm rugs done, a quilt I put at the end of my bed yesterday, etc.. so today, I am only going to relax, watch TV or movies, & give Panther some overdue good playtime!

So, I hope all of you have had a better week than I did!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning... He was popping out & getting my feet as I was making the bed.
I said " oh no, the monkey kitty got me, I'm gonna turn into a monkey!" 😂
View attachment 400885
SO cute! *I like your duvet, too.*
Oh, I absolutely empathize -- I can't deal with those strong fake smells and can't understand how anyone can. My roomie is one of those who can't get enough of STRONG scents. I had to tell her (several times) that they make me physically ill and that I just can't have that in my house. She's understanding about it. Our society desensitizes people so drastically to just about everything -- it's really not surprising that so many have such deadened senses and need more and more and more strength to feel/sense things. It's disturbing, though, to me at least, as I'm the opposite -- VERY sensitive senses of smell, hearing, taste, etc.
I empathize about your GYN stuff, too; some of that is familiar to me. Hopefully it will pass and you will be okay. We're very strong and resilient but fragile at the same time.
*SNORGLES * to the cutie boy! and his lady love outside the slider.:redheartpump::hearthrob::bigeyes::redtabby::hearthrob::redheartpump:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!! Yes, I've always been sensitive to all those things as well. We'd be good roommates! 😄. Like people love that Gain stuff, me,...hate it!!
Yeah, I hope it's just normal perimenapause stuff too. My cousin, going through the same ( we're ok my 9 days apart), said she had hers for 2 wks once, then skipped the next mo. ....I'd gladly do that if I got to finally start skipping some!!

The quilt is one I've had, but hadn't used in a while. Just loving the splistly of my white comforter, & is light enough for summer too, so after washing everything yesterday, & doing the sheet change, thought instead of a blanket, I'd put that on the end of my bed. This way, I could pull it up at night, & then I wouldn't get Panthers black fur on my white comforter, despite how much I brush him! 🤪
IMG_20211107_151420469_HDR.jpg

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly, I am scent sensitive also! Yes, Society is so insensitive about our issues. We are constantly having an overload of fragrances! While I was working it was really bad: When I was involved with a patient who was wearing "Tresor" perfume; I was literally having an asthma attack.. The patient invariably took ti as being fault of mine! UGHGHHGH... and could not understand that I could not explain things because I was suffering from them using too much of the fragrance...
People are so weird... they do not care.. it is all about them....

Sorry you had a bad week. Yes, peri-menopause really stinks...

So glad Panther is doing so well, and is there to comfort YOU!! Sweet boy!! Our boy!!

thanks for the update.. I was Wondering, but did not want to bother you...

It was a vert busy past 4 days for me... Hopefully, I can finally relax a bit, on Monday..

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!! Yes, I've always been sensitive to all those things as well. We'd be good roommates! 😄. Like people love that Gain stuff, me,...hate it!!
Yeah, I hope it's just normal perimenapause stuff too. My cousin, going through the same ( we're ok my 9 days apart), said she had hers for 2 wks once, then skipped the next mo. ....I'd gladly do that if I got to finally start skipping some!!

The quilt is one I've had, but hadn't used in a while. Just loving the splistly of my white comforter, & is light enough for summer too, so after washing everything yesterday, & doing the sheet change, thought instead of a blanket, I'd put that on the end of my bed. This way, I could pull it up at night, & then I wouldn't get Panthers black fur on my white comforter, despite how much I brush him! 🤪
View attachment 400901
It's a beautiful room! *Of COURSE I especially love the pillow -- and those catsteps...* :redheartpump: :bigeyes: :redheartpump:
I remember one time when I had just received some very bad and shocking news -- and I started very unexpectedly, and heavily. A lot of the stuff with me physically seems to be connected to emotions and stress, which is a major reason I work hard to maintain a serene and harmonious environment.
Yeah, after being bombarded with those Gain ads I took it upon myself to sniff a package in the supermarket. What's so wonderful, I wonder? It's just another fake-scented, way-too-strong detergent. I like the unscented, or very light ones like Sun, my regular brand.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
It's a beautiful room! *Of COURSE I especially love the pillow -- and those catsteps...* :redheartpump: :bigeyes: :redheartpump:
I remember one time when I had just received some very bad and shocking news -- and I started very unexpectedly, and heavily. A lot of the stuff with me physically seems to be connected to emotions and stress, which is a major reason I work hard to maintain a serene and harmonious environment.
Yeah, after being bombarded with those Gain ads I took it upon myself to sniff a package in the supermarket. What's so wonderful, I wonder? It's just another fake-scented, way-too-strong detergent. I like the unscented, or very light ones like Sun, my regular brand.
For my entire Life, I have had the Downy scent. I grew up with it... now, I am using liquid clean, unscented Downy.. I do use the regular scented Dryer sheets.

I was at the grocery store this morning.... NO Downy at all... I had to resort to Gain UNSCENTED.....hope it works for me..... ugh...
Shortages... Downy has been in short supply for a while..... ugh..

I do not care for the smell of GAIN.... YUCK... bothers me...

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly, I am scent sensitive also! Yes, Society is so insensitive about our issues. We are constantly having an overload of fragrances! While I was working it was really bad: When I was involved with a patient who was wearing "Tresor" perfume; I was literally having an asthma attack.. The patient invariably took ti as being fault of mine! UGHGHHGH... and could not understand that I could not explain things because I was suffering from them using too much of the fragrance...
People are so weird... they do not care.. it is all about them....

Sorry you had a bad week. Yes, peri-menopause really stinks...

So glad Panther is doing so well, and is there to comfort YOU!! Sweet boy!! Our boy!!

thanks for the update.. I was Wondering, but did not want to bother you...

It was a vert busy past 4 days for me... Hopefully, I can finally relax a bit, on Monday..
Yes, I know, seems like most people have been desensitized. It's really to bad.
Luckily when I worked in day spas doing massage & esthetics, it wasn't to bad. But every once & a while there'd be that one person.. uh!
The chiropractor I clean for had a sign on her window next to the door, "no scented lotions or perfumes please." She's really sensitive too. I think more than I am.
I pretty much only use vinegar at her office & condo to clean.

Yes, it's nice having Panther here with me.
When he it being a little stinker! 😼
That's why he definitely has to have Mani pedis!! 😄. Otherwise, I'd be bleeding out! 😄
I have his annual scheduled for Saturday the 27th, so will get them done again then.

Oh! Forgot to mention in my previous post, that Honey is FINALLY using the house!! Friday night I had to bring the blanket on her chair in, because it was going to rain.
I've already been telling her for wks to get in there, to remember last yr. I even tried to give her the message by envisioning my view as hers, walking into it, & getting cozy in the blanket & the warm bed on.
Kept saying, "God, you have to tell her, because she's not listening to me."
(My mom said she'd prayed the same for her). Then Saturday morning around 3:30 Panther cried to be let in my room, so got up & let him in, but chkd to see if she was in there. She wasn't. But, when I got up at 7 to feed them, she was! She's been using it ever since! So I'm so glad! 😊

She's not in this picture, but you can see how I put her fleece blanket in front to make a barrier from the wind, but one flap is down on the house, so that helps too.
IMG_20211107_132237093_HDR.jpg

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
(((hugs))))

I got Geoffrey a bed for his 'Gotcha Day"... It is almost complete enclosed, with a body heated element. I am going to wait a while, but if G keeps ignoring/refusing it, I am thinking of sending it to You... for Honey or Panther...

Geoffrey really seems to prefer my bed or the heated corner, for sleeping... I was hoping, because of the colder weather---the floor is cold and a bit chilly in he; heat he wound like the bed, because of it's warmth...... sigh.... It is a good one.. I did pay a lot for it.... an Armakat brand.... dM...

This morning dropped off a very inexpensive, complete quilt quilt set to the Dog rescue... It is located down the road from where I live... the quilt was not good for a person, but new-clean for a doggie bed.. nice and soft... a full green trash bag... I felt good about doing this...

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(((hugs))))

I got Geoffrey a bed for his 'Gotcha Day"... It is almost complete enclosed, with a body heated element. I am going to wait a while, but if G keeps ignoring/refusing it, I am thinking of sending it to You... for Honey or Panther...

Geoffrey really seems to prefer my bed or the heated corner, for sleeping... I was hoping, because of the colder weather---the floor is cold and a bit chilly in he; heat he wound like the bed, because of it's warmth...... sigh.... It is a good one.. I did pay a lot for it.... an Armakat brand.... dM...

This morning dropped off a very inexpensive, complete quilt quilt set to the Dog rescue... It is located down the road from where I live... the quilt was not good for a person, but new-clean for a doggie bed.. nice and soft... a full green trash bag... I felt good about doing this...
Aww, just give him time. You know how it takes cats a long time to get used to something, or realize it's for them. Have you put treats in it for him, or put it in the place he likes to lay? I remember it took Angel like 2-3 months before he finally used his cat tree.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very glad to hear that Honey is using what looks like a very cozy warm den! I like to sleep with the window open (except when it's really cold, hot, or noisy) and burrow under the blankets (and cats) when it's cold. Love the cool weather when cats grow their most luxurious coats and burrow in close!
That was a nice thing to do, artiemom artiemom -- if everyone did things like that, it'd be a much better world! Actually a fair number of people do donate food, toys, etc. to shelters and rescues, and I'm always very happy when I see these things in with the cats when I am working. It's terribly boring in those places, and stressful, so any comfort is, I'm sure, very much appreciated! And Geoffrey's new bed sounds wonderful! Is he enjoying it? *Happy Gotcha Day, Geoffrey!* even if it's a late wish. I remember when he joined you -- I was so happy to know this! and I know sweet angel Artie was, too.
As for beds and things, sometimes they'll like them and sometimes not. I have quite a few beds in the closet and garage that have been enjoyed in the past, but aren't now -- they're too old and used to give, but Baby Su and Elvis just aren't interested in them. Of course I can bring them out from time to time just to see if they change their minds.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took something "new" out of the kitty toys storage box in the closet. 😁 It's definitely one he can only play w/ with me. ( As are all wand toys, for safely). But also don't need any of the tinsil from the tail showing up in poopies! 😬😄

New video by Kelly R
Panther is really enjoying your playing with him -- and such high jumps!
How is your lovely Honey doing? She must really be enjoying the reassuring warmth of her nice home!
Wishing you all a lovely evening/night!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Panther is really enjoying your playing with him -- and such high jumps!
How is your lovely Honey doing? She must really be enjoying the reassuring warmth of her nice home!
Wishing you all a lovely evening/night!
Yes, he's doing so good! 😁😸
Honey is doing well. 😊
Hope you & your crew have a good night too. 😊