Panther has a broken femer!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, he looked great in that video - like I mentioned before, a true acrobat. :jump: And I saw him eyeing those shelves above the cat tree. Watch out world, Panther is on the run.:runningcat:
:lol: I know!! Well, he's never jumped up there before, so I think it's ok. He did jump on the desk part before, & I quickly put him down & said "no,no!" He hasn't been bk on the tree since last night, so that's good. He's not trying to be on it a lot. Not as worrisome for me!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WELP!! I just made an appointment for Panthers nails & ear cleaning while they're at it. I really tried, but not happening. Went in bthrm, shut door, & him on my lap facing out, tried to hold him & do it, but despite me holding him as firm as I could w/ o hurting him, he twisted & contorted to get away. Tried same w/ wrapped in a towel, even tried half sitting on him from behind, nope! He is SO freaking strong!!!! So Fri between 1 & 3 I can go. Sheeeeezh!!! 💪💪

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WELP!! I just made an appointment for Panthers nails & ear cleaning while they're at it. I really tried, but not happening. Went in bthrm, shut door, & him on my lap facing out, tried to hold him & do it, but despite me holding him as firm as I could w/ o hurting him, he twisted & contorted to get away. Tried same w/ wrapped in a towel, even tried half sitting on him from behind, nope! He is SO freaking strong!!!! So Fri between 1 & 3 I can go. Sheeeeezh!!! 💪💪
Sometimes they'll let us clip one or two claws at a time when they're relaxed and sleepy. SOMETIMES. Ears? Surprise attack sometimes works. But I know, health maintenance is a challenge!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[/QUOTE]
Sometimes they'll let us clip one or two claws at a time when they're relaxed and sleepy. SOMETIMES. Ears? Surprise attack sometimes works. But I know, health maintenance is a challenge!
Yes. I was able to get two last WK, being sneaky, but, as soon as he realized, he swatted at me. Plus, couldn't get as short as I wanted. I want them to cut them as short as possible, since he won't let me do it.
Ears, he usually lets me. I just wrap a tissue doubled around my pinky, & get in there. Then...if he'll let me, after that, try to get all the little creases w/ a Qtip. But figured as long as they were doing nails, might as well have them do ears, & they'll be able to do a better job than me. They don't charge for ears & said it was only $12 for nails.
I should ask if I get a discount, since he's one short. 😄. I can hear Panthers response to that now....
giving me side eye... :blackcat2:"To soon mommy!"
:headshake: :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. I was able to get two last WK, being sneaky, but, as soon as he realized, he swatted at me. Plus, couldn't get as short as I wanted. I want them to cut them as short as possible, since he won't let me do it.
Ears, he usually lets me. I just wrap a tissue doubled around my pinky, & get in there. Then...if he'll let me, after that, try to get all the little creases w/ a Qtip. But figured as long as they were doing nails, might as well have them do ears, & they'll be able to do a better job than me. They don't charge for ears & said it was only $12 for nails.
I should ask if I get a discount, since he's one short. 😄. I can hear Panthers response to that now....
giving me side eye... :blackcat2:"To soon mommy!"
:headshake: :lol:

[/QUOTE]
ABSOLUTELY!!! You deserve a discount. The Treasured Tripod Discount! :redheartpump: :bigeyes: :redheartpump: :crackup:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lily was like that, but I was persistent and just did two front claws until they were all done. She's more tolerant of it now, but I still can't do her back claws. Fortunately, they don't need to be done as often.

Keep on trying to cut his claws. It takes a while to realize it doesn't hurt and you aren't trying to smash his paws.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lily was like that, but I was persistent and just did two front claws until they were all done. She's more tolerant of it now, but I still can't do her back claws. Fortunately, they don't need to be done as often.

Keep on trying to cut his claws. It takes a while to realize it doesn't hurt and you aren't trying to smash his paws.
Oh, I've been trying for some time now.
Don't forget he was a "friendly ferral" before I came along. I'm not sure he ever trusted anyone else before me. I'd rather let the people at the vets be "the bad guys."
Maybe once he's has it done there a few times, he'll get more used to it, & I'll be able to do it, but he is also increadably strong, so that makes it tougher. ( The vets & techs kept saying they couldn't believe how muscular he was!)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I've been trying for some time now.
Don't forget he was a "friendly ferral" before I came along. I'm not sure he ever trusted anyone else before me. I'd rather let the people at the vets be "the bad guys."
Maybe once he's has it done there a few times, he'll get more used to it, & I'll be able to do it, but he is also increadably strong, so that makes it tougher. ( The vets & techs kept saying they couldn't believe how muscular he was!)
He is! He and our beloved angel Calo would know one another right away.
IMG_2305.JPG

Our beloved angel Calo "The Bullcat" :redheartpump: :bigeyes: :redheartpump: