Panther has a broken femer!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
That is really sad to watch. Panther and Honey do not unetstand what i happening to them.
But, you have really tried with Honey.

You cannot take a chance that a flea may come in---not now, with Panther indoors.

i feel so bad for her~~~ but... you have tried.. and are still trying...

On the other Hand;, Panther is doing so good.. honestly.. he really is.. He is really loving being loved and inside.. I know at times, you want to pull your hair out, but look at how far Panther has come... due to YOUR LOVE.... :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is really sad to watch. Panther and Honey do not unetstand what i happening to them.
But, you have really tried with Honey.

You cannot take a chance that a flea may come in---not now, with Panther indoors.

i feel so bad for her~~~ but... you have tried.. and are still trying...

On the other Hand;, Panther is doing so good.. honestly.. he really is.. He is really loving being loved and inside.. I know at times, you want to pull your hair out, but look at how far Panther has come... due to YOUR LOVE.... :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:
Aww, thanks Cindy. Yes, I'll keep trying with her. It's all I can do. Yes, I'm really surprised & happy that I haven't had to get him any meds for the transition. I thought for sure I would!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Every cat I've ever lived with did the same exact thing as Panther, i.e. chasing or pouncing on my feet under the blanket. :biggrin: He's just trying to tell you, "c'mon mom, time to rise and shine." 😉

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, sorry, just been busy. Was off today, but had to get routine blood work this morning, then had a mamo this afternoon, so it was a full day.
I ordered some new attachments for da bird, & got a really good deal. Found a PKG of 7 things for under $8 on amazon! 4 feather & 3 worms. Panthers never played with a worm toy before, so I put one of those on first. He loved it. 😸 Still trying to jump high, & doing a pretty good job. 😁
IMG_20211019_193537107~2.jpg

New video by Kelly R

8 Pieces Cat Wand Refill Cat Feather Toy Replacement, Natural Da Bird Feather Worm Teaser Refills Attachments for Cat Wand https://www.amazon.com/dp/B098MH41QQ/?tag=thecatsite

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Panther has come such a long way thanks to your perseverance and dedication. :hugs: He not only has a special place in your heart but all of ours too.:grouphug: He looks like a true acrobat in that video. I hope your bloodwork and mammogram results all come back good.:crossfingers:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Panther has come such a long way thanks to your perseverance and dedication. :hugs: He not only has a special place in your heart but all of ours too.:grouphug: He looks like a true acrobat in that video. I hope your bloodwork and mammogram results all come back good.:crossfingers:
Thank you. I'm so proud of him! :petcat: ❤

Thanks, yes, blood work was just annual, routine. I was due. The mamo was a 6 mo. Follow up. I've always has cyst, but the annual one 6 mo.s ago showed a few micro calcifications, so the Dr.s office that took a cyst out yrs ago, wanted me to do a 6 mo. Follow up one, just to stay on top of it.
My mom went through breast cancer 17 yrs ago. Thankfully it was caught early enough that all she had to have was the surgery. She didn't have to go through any treatment.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I'm so proud of him! :petcat: ❤

Thanks, yes, blood work was just annual, routine. I was due. The mamo was a 6 mo. Follow up. I've always has cyst, but the annual one 6 mo.s ago showed a few micro calcifications, so the Dr.s office that took a cyst out yrs ago, wanted me to do a 6 mo. Follow up one, just to stay on top of it.
My mom went through breast cancer 17 yrs ago. Thankfully it was caught early enough that all she had to have was the surgery. She didn't have to go through any treatment.
Here's to it all turning out to be okay.
SNORGLES to that big glossy fast catcher of flying things! :redheartpump: :dancingblackcat::redheartpump:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, sorry, just been busy. Was off today, but had to get routine blood work this morning, then had a mamo this afternoon, so it was a full day.
I ordered some new attachments for da bird, & got a really good deal. Found a PKG of 7 things for under $8 on amazon! 4 feather & 3 worms. Panthers never played with a worm toy before, so I put one of those on first. He loved it. 😸 Still trying to jump high, & doing a pretty good job. 😁
View attachment 399439

New video by Kelly R

8 Pieces Cat Wand Refill Cat Feather Toy Replacement, Natural Da Bird Feather Worm Teaser Refills Attachments for Cat Wand https://www.amazon.com/dp/B098MH41QQ/?tag=thecatsite
We got one of those worm things and Lelia looooved it. She mostly destroyed it, so I should get some more.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, the second video with snuggle time is precious. :heartshape: Panther has adapted so well to being an indoor kitty. You are his guardian angel.:angel:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, the second video with snuggle time is precious. :heartshape: Panther has adapted so well to being an indoor kitty. You are his guardian angel.:angel:
Aww, thank you! 😊. Yes he really has. Although, a couple of nights ago, after some " face time" through the glass w/ Honey, he started meowing/ crying at the door. I thought, "oh no, he's been doing so good, please tell me this isn't going to start." But it didn't last long. Thank goodness.
He's also doing well w/ me closing my bedroom door at night. The night before last, he was already sleeping under the bed, so I let him stay. It worked out pretty well. He settled on the bed most of the night. A couple of xs when he started to play w/ the blanket, I'd just say " nooo," ( or no, play, night,night.) & after a couple of those, he'd settle. Closed the door again last night, & he meow/ cried a little bit ( they were such sweet ones to, but had to stand firm, or he'd know I'd always cave). It didn't last long, & he didn't wake me until 6:30, so let him in for snuggle,/ go bk to sleep time until a little after 8.
I emailed his vet last night to ask if she thinks he can use his cat tree yet, but haven't heard bk from her yet. I think it's probably ok, the way he's jetting around here. 😄. I just want to make sure he's safe. I'm worried about him falling. I guess it's going to be a little trial & error, that he'll figure it out. ..with me close by of course. At least it's right up against the entertainment center, so that will help. With that & the wall, only the front is "open." I think we'll try this afternoon.
Got laundry done last night, so going to do the floors & bthrms. Then run an errand.
I'll wait until I get back.
I'm also hoping my friend can come over tonight, so he can cut Panthers nails! It's time, & he won't let me do it. I'm going to have to hold him while he does it.
Times like this it really comes in handy having a close friend that worked at a big vets/ hospital for 15 yrs!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, thank you! 😊. Yes he really has. Although, a couple of nights ago, after some " face time" through the glass w/ Honey, he started meowing/ crying at the door. I thought, "oh no, he's been doing so good, please tell me this isn't going to start." But it didn't last long. Thank goodness.
He's also doing well w/ me closing my bedroom door at night. The night before last, he was already sleeping under the bed, so I let him stay. It worked out pretty well. He settled on the bed most of the night. A couple of xs when he started to play w/ the blanket, I'd just say " nooo," ( or no, play, night,night.) & after a couple of those, he'd settle. Closed the door again last night, & he meow/ cried a little bit ( they were such sweet ones to, but had to stand firm, or he'd know I'd always cave). It didn't last long, & he didn't wake me until 6:30, so let him in for snuggle,/ go bk to sleep time until a little after 8.
I emailed his vet last night to ask if she thinks he can use his cat tree yet, but haven't heard bk from her yet. I think it's probably ok, the way he's jetting around here. 😄. I just want to make sure he's safe. I'm worried about him falling. I guess it's going to be a little trial & error, that he'll figure it out. ..with me close by of course. At least it's right up against the entertainment center, so that will help. With that & the wall, only the front is "open." I think we'll try this afternoon.
Got laundry done last night, so going to do the floors & bthrms. Then run an errand.
I'll wait until I get back.
I'm also hoping my friend can come over tonight, so he can cut Panthers nails! It's time, & he won't let me do it. I'm going to have to hold him while he does it.
Times like this it really comes in handy having a close friend that worked at a big vets/ hospital for 15 yrs!!
Panther is so adorable! He really reminds me of our beloved angel Calo. So handsome and "big male cat"!
It's good that he and Honey can visit, even if there is a barrier there.
Really hoping he gets the all-clear to enjoy his tree. He has a soft landing to a rug or carpet from there, doesn't he? He looks well able to handle the climb and the dismount.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Panther has come such a long way!! The love between the 2 of you is so apparent; so obvious! He loves you, and you him.... I swear a match made in heaven!! I think Angel and Sammy had something to do with sending you this sweet Panther!

You have given me some ideas about gifts for Geoffrey.. The ball tower, and the worms...
His gotcha day is coming up. I do not know his birthday. I use his Gotcha day as his Celebration day!! And For Christmas, I will give him the other.

Panther is such a loving kitty.. Who would have known that from him being outside, all of his life.. He had to have had some human interaction before you came along.., but maybe not...

Ugh trimming nails!! ugh!! Geoffrey and Artie both hated it. Artie tolerated it much better.
Geoffrey is so "paw sensitive".

I do not know if this will help, but I had to find sacrificial chair! I use my recliner.. I have a no nonsense attitude. I pick G up, stick in in the corner of the chair, blocking him with my body.

I do take a paw, and with no nonsense, just get it done. I have to be fast... When he really gets upset, I stop, take a deep breath, and calming start again. I tell him I have to because Mama cannot get scratched.. Mama will get boo boos from his claws being so long. He still fights, but, I just do what I can ~~ sometimes one paw, usually 2 paws..

I cannot trim very much. I think his 'quick' is very elongated. I fear his prior owner really hurt him with nail trimming. He is even bad at the Vets... so frightened.

I used to have to wrap him, and cover his head with the towel.. poor thing. But it was too much to take him to the Vet every 3 weeks.

So glad you have a Vet Tech as a friend.. That really comes in handy...

Panther is so good....love watching him and the 2 of you together...

((((hugs)))
Gotta put my laundry away...

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys! ☺ I think Angel & Sammie brought him to me too. I think the looong 20 months I had to move bk in w/ my parents while looking to find another place I could afford by myself ( besides the opportunity to finally pay care credit off!)
was waiting until this place opened up.
God positioning me here, because he knew I'd look out for these two, & be here when Panther needed me most. I can't even imagine if I hadn't been here! He wouldn't have survived that! 😟

I do love him so much. 🥰
I'm glad he mostly trust me too. He's still got a good amount of sass in him. Some outdoor dominance.

No, unfortunately, where the tree is there no carpet. I could move it to "his room" for now, but I like it out in the living room, where I could keep an eye on him. It is up against the wall & the entertainment center, so only the front is open. It will help hold him in some. He can be a maniac on that thing. 😄

I wish I could cut Panthers nails, but even if I tried to hold him in like that, he'd try to bite me. If he can't use his claws, he'll use his mouth! So, I'm going to need help. My friend wasn't a tech, but might as well have been after 15 yrs. He did everything from assisting, to assisting in surgeries, to running the day care. That's way bk before any of the certification stuff was so required. Kind of like me, WAY bk when I used to work at chiropractic offices. When I wasn't doing massage therapy, I was assisting. I've even developed x-rays in the dark room way bk Before you could just run them through a machine! The last place I was at when I was living in MN, was starting to teach me how to take x-rays.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys! ☺ I think Angel & Sammie brought him to me too. I think the looong 20 months I had to move bk in w/ my parents while looking to find another place I could afford by myself ( besides the opportunity to finally pay care credit off!)
was waiting until this place opened up.
God positioning me here, because he knew I'd look out for these two, & be here when Panther needed me most. I can't even imagine if I hadn't been here! He wouldn't have survived that! 😟

I do love him so much. 🥰
I'm glad he mostly trust me too. He's still got a good amount of sass in him. Some outdoor dominance.

No, unfortunately, where the tree is there no carpet. I could move it to "his room" for now, but I like it out in the living room, where I could keep an eye on him. It is up against the wall & the entertainment center, so only the front is open. It will help hold him in some. He can be a maniac on that thing. 😄

I wish I could cut Panthers nails, but even if I tried to hold him in like that, he'd try to bite me. If he can't use his claws, he'll use his mouth! So, I'm going to need help. My friend wasn't a tech, but might as well have been after 15 yrs. He did everything from assisting, to assisting in surgeries, to running the day care. That's way bk before any of the certification stuff was so required. Kind of like me, WAY bk when I used to work at chiropractic offices. When I wasn't doing massage therapy, I was assisting. I've even developed x-rays in the dark room way bk Before you could just run them through a machine! The last place I was at when I was living in MN, was starting to teach me how to take x-rays.
I am a very spiritual person who believes nothing happens by accident, and I have definitely had experience of beloved angel cats who have ascended encouraging me to adopt. We have endless love for cats and when we have the place in our homes as well as in our hearts, we know that this is what our beloveds up there watching want us to do! ;)
Well, you could always move a rug or place a rug by the tree, just in case...