Panther has a broken femer!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's important I think to remember what he is dealing with and that it is a back leg where his jumping off/up/down abilities are harder because now the other leg and haunch have to do so much more where it wouldn't be as big of a deal as a front leg - weight distribution and all that.
True. But he is going to land on his fronts first, which will take most of the impact; then he will include his back leg, which receives less of the impact.

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You're right, but to jump initially he needs his rear end if you know what I mean... but anyhow, so glad he's fine now and seems happy again - and you have earned 1,000 medals!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your kind words! πŸ€—. I really am proud of him, & keep telling him that! Him being young, & a big strong, muscular guy has really helped.
I remember the vets & the techs all saying they couldn't believe how muscular he was!

I got home around 2:30, & he was still on the ottoman, where he was when I left this morning. ( I put some calming music for cats from YouTube on the tv for him). I looked at him & said, "have you been there all day? Did you even move all day?" πŸ˜„ He probably didn't!

Yes, the vets both said that cats put 70-80% of their weight on their front legs, so better it was a back one. Yeah, I think he needs more help getting up to the bed w/ the steps, because it's higher (23") but hops up on the ottoman, no problem. (17"). The sofa is about the same as the ottoman hight, but he doesn't really go up there. Maybe if I'm on there instead of my chair.

The first level of the cat tree is 22", &. I'm waiting a little while before I let him get on that, because he goes crazy on it! πŸ˜›

He finally sat up when I came in...
IMG_20211012_143503932.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're right, but to jump initially he needs his rear end if you know what I mean... but anyhow, so glad he's fine now and seems happy again - and you have earned 1,000 medals!
Thank you! Yes, a close friend of mine sent me a card with some $ in it, but she wanted me to use it for myself once all this calms down. I told her thank you!! I will definitely use it towards a massage!!!
(Especially since I don't trade w/ anyone anymore). I DEFINITELY NEED IT!!!

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
angels mommy angels mommy glad to see you and Panther are doing better. I have a relative who lost a leg and it was traumatic for him, too. He has recovered but he needs some accommodation.

And, I have a friend who has a kitty who lost one of his front legs, and he runs all over the place.

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That was kind of interesting - that he's muscular, because I've found that Ecco is too - I mean he's a guy, but others I've had were not as solid and strong - wonder if there's some secret gene as I don't think he's got much (if any) Bombay DNA in him at this point, just black shorthair with a white tummy patch and a random few white hairs all over - then again his whiskas are diff. on either side too! Not 'pretty', never make it in a show, but I think he's gorgeous and love all of him infinitely (most of the time :lol: ).

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your kind words! πŸ€—. I really am proud of him, & keep telling him that! Him being young, & a big strong, muscular guy has really helped.
I remember the vets & the techs all saying they couldn't believe how muscular he was!

I got home around 2:30, & he was still on the ottoman, where he was when I left this morning. ( I put some calming music for cats from YouTube on the tv for him). I looked at him & said, "have you been there all day? Did you even move all day?" πŸ˜„ He probably didn't!

Yes, the vets both said that cats put 70-80% of their weight on their front legs, so better it was a back one. Yeah, I think he needs more help getting up to the bed w/ the steps, because it's higher (23") but hops up on the ottoman, no problem. (17"). The sofa is about the same as the ottoman hight, but he doesn't really go up there. Maybe if I'm on there instead of my chair.

The first level of the cat tree is 22", &. I'm waiting a little while before I let him get on that, because he goes crazy on it! πŸ˜›

He finally sat up when I came in...
View attachment 398289
Our beloved angel Calo, adopted from our front yard where he used to appear with two others *both adopted -- Rojita by us and Tim by a dear friend* was so muscular I nicknamed him "The Bullcat." His muzzle was squared, too, and he had a very powerful look. He was always the guardian of Rojita and Tim, though I know he was not related to Tim and very much doubt he was related to Rojita.
IMG_1996.JPG

Boyz Club: Angels Calo, Samuda, and Sammi; you can see Calo's squarish muzzle here. I don't seem to have photos of him standing.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, he's doing great - Panther must be an acrobat! :jump: Is that Honey in the background eating by the patio door?
I know! Being a big, strong boy is working in his favor. I keep telling him I'm going to find him a Superman cape! πŸ˜„
Yes, it is Honey. 😊

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys. Yes, everything is fine. Just had a super busy day yesterday. Was exsausted & sore! ..still sore!
I had one of the beach condos yesterday & the acupuncture office to clean, then came home & did some cleaning up, because we're having an inspection today. Luckily I'm hm today. The company my neighbor & I rent from do them 2xs/ yr. Annoying! I get it, but we're both super clean/ neat people.
So took the air mattress down, & got that rm bk in order. Vacuumed, steam mopped...
I wasn't worried about Panther being in here, because the girl that comes is cool, doesn't say anything, etc.. but found out the other one, owner, I think is coming this time too.
So I called & talked to the usual girl, & told her he was inside now, because he had to have an amputation. I told her I was going to do the paperwork for an emotional support animal, & she said yeah, then he can't charge you more. Asked about him being here before that though, & she said "that's ok, we've had that happen before." So you guys...πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ€žπŸ™!!!!!
I'll have to go over to my parents this wknd to print it out. I had just wanted to wait until March when I re- sign, because I know rent is going up, & didn't want him to go up even more than he planned as a way to get the extra $ anyway.... So πŸ˜¬πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Hopefully, because he knows how neat & clean I am, he won't. If he does, than that's just being greedy!!! So going to try & manifest a good outcome!!
They're coming this afternoon. Hopefully not to late, because my dad was going to come to help take the crate bk to the vets. It was to hard to break down to fit in my car, so just easier to put it in my mom's little SUV, or dad's truck.

Panther is doing ok. Wasn't interested in breakfast, then he went in "his room" & threw up just a tiny, tiny bit, was mainly spit. So don't know if feels a hairball, or didn't feel good. Last gabapentin was yesterday. Glad I was cutting them in half, to wein him off.
So gave him some time to relax while he was under the bed, then fixed him one of those small snap apart Sheba's in chicken. Brought it to him. He ate it all, so gave another, & ate that too, so is ok. If he was nauseous, he wouldn't have eaten.
Then heard his fav mouse w/ a little bell inside it, under the bed, so he's ok. He's under there now, so letting him rest.

OK, SO, The girls just came was quick, went well. Explained whole story. They were very understanding. Said they'd run it by the him, ( the landlord). So told them I'd get on the paperwork. Thanked them for being so understanding, & they said," of course." SoπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, & the usual girl that used to live out here, had told me before that there was a Tortie bk when she was out here, but was a kitten then, had two litters, that she knew of. Asked if my kitty was black. I asked how long ago that was, she said maybe 9 yrs, so that means Honey could be 10! I figured between 8-9. So good to know.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys. Yes, everything is fine. Just had a super busy day yesterday. Was exsausted & sore! ..still sore!
I had one of the beach condos yesterday & the acupuncture office to clean, then came home & did some cleaning up, because we're having an inspection today. Luckily I'm hm today. The company my neighbor & I rent from do them 2xs/ yr. Annoying! I get it, but we're both super clean/ neat people.
So took the air mattress down, & got that rm bk in order. Vacuumed, steam mopped...
I wasn't worried about Panther being in here, because the girl that comes is cool, doesn't say anything, etc.. but found out the other one, owner, I think is coming this time too.
So I called & talked to the usual girl, & told her he was inside now, because he had to have an amputation. I told her I was going to do the paperwork for an emotional support animal, & she said yeah, then he can't charge you more. Asked about him being here before that though, & she said "that's ok, we've had that happen before." So you guys...πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ€žπŸ™!!!!!
I'll have to go over to my parents this wknd to print it out. I had just wanted to wait until March when I re- sign, because I know rent is going up, & didn't want him to go up even more than he planned as a way to get the extra $ anyway.... So πŸ˜¬πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Hopefully, because he knows how neat & clean I am, he won't. If he does, than that's just being greedy!!! So going to try & manifest a good outcome!!
They're coming this afternoon. Hopefully not to late, because my dad was going to come to help take the crate bk to the vets. It was to hard to break down to fit in my car, so just easier to put it in my mom's little SUV, or dad's truck.

Panther is doing ok. Wasn't interested in breakfast, then he went in "his room" & threw up just a tiny, tiny bit, was mainly spit. So don't know if feels a hairball, or didn't feel good. Last gabapentin was yesterday. Glad I was cutting them in half, to wein him off.
So gave him some time to relax while he was under the bed, then fixed him one of those small snap apart Sheba's in chicken. Brought it to him. He ate it all, so gave another, & ate that too, so is ok. If he was nauseous, he wouldn't have eaten.
Then heard his fav mouse w/ a little bell inside it, under the bed, so he's ok. He's under there now, so letting him rest.

OK, SO, The girls just came was quick, went well. Explained whole story. They were very understanding. Said they'd run it by the him, ( the landlord). So told them I'd get on the paperwork. Thanked them for being so understanding, & they said," of course." SoπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
*Helping to manifest that good outcome* ;) :cheerleader: I'm sure LL can see how clean and nice you keep your place.
So glad Panther's appetite is good and that he is enjoying playing with his favorite little jingle mousie! I don't think his little incident is anything to worry about.
Very nice about your folks' help in getting the crate back. *NO MORE CRATE, PANTHER!*

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom , CINDY!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I got your chewy package yesterday too. So generous. Thank you!! πŸ€—πŸ˜˜
I had bought a little skinny cardboard scratcher from Walmart the other day, just to see if he'd use one first, & he is, he's getting it. πŸ‘ So I know he'll love the TWO you got him! He's not gone through the tunnel yet, but he's been in it with some initial coacsting from me. Got his
mousie out & carried it in the room, under the bed! πŸ˜„ He's so funny. That's where he takes the mice he carries bk there. It's like.....
( Que music)...."To the bat cave!" πŸ˜„

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise