Panther has a broken femer!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@terasgirl06, Thanks!
The couch was something I got with the last stimulus chk. I was due for a new one! I love having a mantle to decorate for holidays now. 😊
My bigger table & chairs, I got from someone on nextdoor...FOR FREE!!

Panther seems to be doing fine on the ev 12 hrs w/ the gabapentin. The Dr. Said he won't need anymore once we're out. I did just give him 1/2 before work, & he's been fine, so didn't give the other 1/2 when I got home.

I finally opened my room to him, & of course, he went right under the bed. He's there now.
One of his beds is under there.
I'm thinking about letting him stay there tonight, in hopes he doesn't wake me. I've GOT to get sleep tonight. I've got my biggest, hardest house tomorrow!
I'm also wondering about letting him stay out tomorrow while I go to work. When I got home today, he had scratched the paint on the bottom of the bedroom door! So he was crying to get out sometime after I left.
I think he'd be ok, since his tree is covered, but I am a little nervous about it.
what do you guys think?? I would put the steps at the end of the bed, so he will use them, if he wants up there.

Yes, Honey is a pretty girl. I wish I could brush her so bad!! Yeah, I have always used Advantage multi, or Advantage II. (Except on Sammie, I ended up using Revolution on her, & that was good too).
I was using the Advantage II on Panther, & giving him heartgaurd, because mosquitoes are so bad here too.. I had one Advantage left, & had seen a couple of fleas in the house, & freaked me out, so put it on him last night!
I had used the vets best, I think it is, spray on the carpets, ( the one w/ clove in it, safe for people too), & vacuuming a lot! I just didn't want to take any chances of any cycles going on. Now that he's got that on, it should be ok/ no more. I was like, " Oh hell no!!"
The picture, that looks like a great space for the kitties.
Glad you liked the videos! 😸
Tough call on him being "at large" in the house tonight and tomorrow, because as he recovers and learns he still has mobility, he's going to feel better and so you might -- or might not -- find this to be good right now. I really can't advise you on that. You'll have to see, one way or the other. I always get up a couple of times a night anyway, and I've just gotten used to it because Suha needs a box in the bedroom and she does use it. Elvis usually uses the long hall that runs the length of the house as his Indy 500 Raceway at night. Sometimes my roomie yells in his sleep. My other roomie gets up in the night time, too. So for someone who has alway said she needs it quiet and dark, I've gotten used to all of this including the floodlight that shines right into my bedroom from the next door neighbors. Yup, adapt or die, they say...:sigh: And I'm aspy and OCD, and have PTSD! But I'm here.
For fleas in carpets, I used FleaBusters, which was a powder that is sprinkled on the carpet, worked in with a carpet rake, and then vacuumed. It worked really well for us. FLEABUSTERS RX for Fleas Plus Powder, 3-lb jar - Chewy.com

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info. I think it's under control now. 🤞🙏. Since I didn't give him the other 1/2 of the gabapentin this afternoon, I think I'm going to go ahead & give him a whole one at 8:30. He is acting fine, but I just want to make sure he's not in any pain. He came out, saw Honey out there drinking water, laid by the door for a few, went to drink some water, & has gone back under the bed. So not sure if he is a little uncomfortable, or just afraid I'll put him back in the other room.
I was also thinking, that I can give him a whole pill tomorrow morning too, & then he'll probably be more sleepy, & chill while I'm at work tomorrow. I should be home by 3 at the latest. ( I leave around 9:30). So only about 5 hrs.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So for someone who has alway said she needs it quiet and dark, I've gotten used to all of this including the floodlight that shines right into my bedroom from the next door neighbors. Yup, adapt or die, they say...:sigh: And I'm aspy and OCD, and have PTSD! But I'm here.
Have you tried darkening curtains? That might help. I have some in my room. They actually weren't that expensive. I got them a few yrs ago from the LTD catalogue. Only $17 for a set!

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi - didn't want to say anything, but have to if you plan to tell others... it's 'femur', not femer, so now you can look it up easier (been working in hosps too long).

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi - didn't want to say anything, but have to if you plan to tell others... it's 'femur', not femer, so now you can look it up easier (been working in hosps too long).
Thank you! That's totally ok. I appreciate that! I'm the same way when I see people spelling a lot as one word. Lol.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So for someone who has alway said she needs it quiet and dark, I've gotten used to all of this including the floodlight that shines right into my bedroom from the next door neighbors. Yup, adapt or die, they say...:sigh: And I'm aspy and OCD, and have PTSD! But I'm here.
Have you tried darkening curtains? That might help. I have some in my room. They actually weren't that expensive. I got them a few yrs ago from the LTD catalogue. Only $17 for a set!
I have room darkening drapes but it's a long story. I have room darkening shades under them, but in one window I don't and it's the one that I need them in the most. My house was custom built and the windows require custom shades. My ex took the old shade to match to a new one for me but never returned it or got me a new one. I don't have a car/drive. So, there it stays. The drapes are on a traverse rod and the cable is broken. I keep them open on those windows so I can actually open the windows when I want to and have sunlight at times. So, there that lays, too. I have to be very careful financially. So I just live with it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The area under my bed is Geoffrey's "Safe" place. Artie asp had to as a safe place... until he discovered the 'tents' I made him.

It may become Panther's "safe" place also...

I understand your anxiety about leaving him for hours; while having free reign to your apartment.

I did that almost immediately after I adopted Artie.. the first day! I only had him an hour, and had to go out for a few hours.. He was fine...
Geoffrey was ok, also; when I left him.

But both of my kitties are so different.

When I was in the hospital for 5 days, I really worried about Geoffrey.. I had a friend come in once a day... but he always hid. On a couple of occasions, he would peek, out the door way.. but went running back under the bed.

The day I came home, I was calling and calling him, fixing his food area.. He slowly, peeked around the corner. When he realized it was me, He could not get enough of me...

I hope you get the same reaction from Panther, when you return home...
Chances are: he will explore a lot... ((hugs))

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I think he'll be ok.Y Friend that works at a vet hospital said being out will help cut down his anxiety. I know he's happy to not be confined anymore.
He used the steps like a champ last night for the bed, a few xs! I ly thing is, he doesn't use them to get down, he jumps down!
I swear I've got to find him a Superman cape for holloween! He acts like nothing happened! It's great, but also want him to be careful. I out him in front of the steps this morning to get down on, but don't know that he'll still do it on his own. So for now, the tree stays covered, because he goes crazy on there!!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I think he'll be ok.Y Friend that works at a vet hospital said being out will help cut down his anxiety. I know he's happy to not be confined anymore.
He used the steps like a champ last night for the bed, a few xs! I ly thing is, he doesn't use them to get down, he jumps down!
I swear I've got to find him a Superman cape for holloween! He acts like nothing happened! It's great, but also want him to be careful. I out him in front of the steps this morning to get down on, but don't know that he'll still do it on his own. So for now, the tree stays covered, because he goes crazy on there!!
I also think being able to move around and run will help build up his muscles. In your video, it looked like he didn't even care that he was missing a leg and it didn't seem to affect him at all. But.. I would be taken aback by seeing him with that mouse. It almost looked real in the beginning. :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Kelly, he's not only amazing but so are you! :thumbsup: I agree with other members that he should be fine today and I'm sure not being confined will help him work off any pent up energy.:dizzycat: Once you've come home from work and settled in please let us know how Panther did while you were gone.

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's important I think to remember what he is dealing with and that it is a back leg where his jumping off/up/down abilities are harder because now the other leg and haunch have to do so much more where it wouldn't be as big of a deal as a front leg - weight distribution and all that.