Panther has a broken femer!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The stimulant seems to be helping. Got him to eat almost...half?? Of a 3oz can. The trout & catfish. When he stopped after just a few licks, I'd add more nutritional yeast & he'd eat more. Im just so happy he ate a decent amount. Now I'm about to eat before 8 for the first time this WK!! Got to soak in the tub a little bit too! Definitely needed that small exhale! He put himself bk in the crate after eating. 😊👍 time for mommy to try to relax now.
View attachment 396392
Good progress! Enjoy your CATurday evening *and hoping Panther will, too! Hope he settles in and finishes off the rest of what looks like a delicious dinner!*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought he was eating all of his meals in the crate.

Did you mix baby food in with the cat food?
No, as soon as I open it, he wants out, so as long as I'm in there with him, I let him out to stretch a little. ( & He wants love'ns) ,
It's a small space. I'll go in later & give him some snuggle time if he wants it. Probably after his 9:00 gabapentin dose, since I'll have to have him out to pill him. Then, hopefully that dose will keep him quiet for the night! 🤞🙏 No, I didn't mix any baby food in w/ it, because he wasn't interested in it at all earlier.

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweet baby ❤ came in to chk on him, was ok, then few mins later, heard him cry, came bk, he'd peed the pad again... don't know why he's not using the box?! He did the first night 🤷. So he came out, I changed the pad. He got up on pillow, so gave him some love'ns. He's dreaming now. Was going to put him bk in, cause med is at 9, just have to take bk out again for compress & pill, but can't bare to move him. Think he's dreaming now....so much for my tv down time.....
IMG_20210925_200649232.jpg

Stargirl0623

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sweet baby ❤ came in to chk on him, was ok, then few mins later, heard him cry, came bk, he'd peed the pad again... don't know why he's not using the box?! He did the first night 🤷. So he came out, I changed the pad. He got up on pillow, so gave him some love'ns. He's dreaming now. Was going to put him bk in, cause med is at 9, just have to take bk out again for compress & pill, but can't bare to move him. Think he's dreaming now....so much for my tv down time.....
View attachment 396406
Oh, honey! I'm sorry, the initial healing period is SO stressful for everybody and you're doing a great job by him.
There's a lot of possible reasons a cat could be incontinent after surgery, medications and pain being the big ones. If he's hurting, then walking to the box is gonna be a whole lot more effort than normal, poor thing. The second and third days after surgery are usually the most painful, since that's when swelling and bruising really kicks in.
You're doing a great job by him, and I'm glad he's getting some cuddles and rest! Don't hesitate to get in touch with your vet if you're worried about anything; they want him to be well, too.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard about Panther through the TCS grapevine. I read everything and saw that about your mom too. I am so sorry.
I have had a kitty go through an amputation too. It’s hard going through the healing and adjustments. Panther is a survivor though. He made it back to his safe sanctuary with you. He needs time now. You are such a wonderful guardian! That love you are giving out is healing. No creature could be more cherished or lucky to have you there to hold them. My heart will be right there with you both. If I can send love through the air, it is there for you both. :vibes::redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
This Article is in the SOS forum and may have some helpful suggestions regarding financial aid for pets. I know you're exhausted and the last thing you want to do is sit down and read but when you have a quiet moment you may want to check it out.
Financial Aid for Pets

I hope you both have a better night's sleep. :crossfingers: Our hearts and prayers go out to you. :grouphug: We are all here to listen because we care and want to offer our support in any way we can. I truly believe fate played a hand and Panther found you for a reason.:catlove:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latest update..
It's all catching up with me today. I am so, so tired. My bk hurts, & I only have my toughest WK coming up. Panther woke me up crying at 6:45, so went in & cleaned up the crate, let him out in the bthrm w/ me for a little while. Laid with him until almost 9, when we do meds. Thank goodness, last night, I tried putting his pill in a piece of cheese, & he ate it. So glad so don't have to pill him & him have bad experience. He was resting well on the pillow, so let him stay, while I came out to get bk in bed, (10:00) figured I hear anything if he tried anything. I just fell asleep & at 10:30 heard him cry & scratch at door, so had to put him bk in crate after spending a few mins w/ him. Went bk to bed from 11-1. Felt like I cldv kept sleeping, but needed to get up. Being real quiet, testing out if he can sleep/ be quiet for 4 hrs, since I'll be going bk to work tomorrow. Going to let him sleep though, because I can't stay in there w/ him. It's killing my bk. Two wks of this is going to be tough!!! Then I have to deal with him realizing that he isn't going out anymore...he may need meds for a while to help w/ that🤷

I also started the GoFundMe! 🤞🙏

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, tried the chicken & chkn broth...no interest other than about 2 licks, so finally got the sm 3 ml syringe & gave him 3 of those. He growled & didn't like it, but at this point, needed to just get some food in him. I left the bowl in the crate,but don't think he'll eat it. I even offered some dry kitten food, but he wasn't interested.
My friend at the natural food pet store gave me about every kind of sample bags!
They put the transdermal appetite stimulant on his ear at the vets, so thought it'd be working better by now.... Can't do it again until tomorrow morning. I've got a headache, & losing steam, but still in the middle of laundry.... Once it's all done, Honey will probably be here to be fed, then I will try to offer him something else. Probably the trout. Then try to lay down for a bit myself.
Not sure whether Panther has any food restrictions, but if he doesn't, may I recommend Blue Buffalo Tastefuls chicken variety. Su and Elvis are "discerning" and often I feel like I'm shelling out $$$ just to feed the garbage disposal. But they LOVE this variety. It's like a minced texture in gravy. They're on their second can today. Normally they make breakfast "brunch" and sometimes I end up throwing part of THAT away, so this is very successful.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! ❤. Just peeked in, & he's still sleeping! Looks like he also finished his breakfast at some point. 🙌 Think I'll take advantage & get in the tub!!
(& Yes, I put my cd player in there this morning with one of my massage cds on lowest volume, on repeat. ..... anything to help a desperate, tired momma!!!!!
IMG_20210926_162937455.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! ❤. Just peeked in, & he's still sleeping! Looks like he also finished his breakfast at some point. 🙌 Think I'll take advantage & get in the tub!!
(& Yes, I put my cd player in there this morning with one of my massage cds on lowest volume, on repeat. ..... anything to help a desperate, tired momma!!!!!
View attachment 396490
Enjoy! and the massage CD might be helpful to Panther, too, I hope!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a little update. Had an appt yesterday. They are happy about how he's getting around so far. Checked it again, & there's no fluid. The vet said that it's just swelling & his little fat pad shifted. She wants to try & take a few staples out in 10 days, so we go back on the 7th.
They all love him there. They say how he Really fits his name. ❤ When we were there for the first time a few months ago for conjunctivitis, he weighed 14.5 lbs. Yesterday he was 12.8.

Here's a little video I took around 6:45 tonight.

New video by Kelly R