Panther has a broken femer!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also brought the crate home today. ( Wasn't dirty, but y'all know me, I still cleaned it).
They also gave me a huge bag of the horse pellets for the litter. I've got it all set up & ready , except for the low box for litter. Picking those up at my friend's store tomorrow. I used plastic containers to elevate the bowls, to make it easier.
It's set up in my bedrm bthrm, because I don't use that shower in there ( to sm)
This way it will be out of the way & quiet for him. I'll spend time with him as well. When he's feeling better & coming around more, maybe I'll move it to the living room. I used two blankets with a piece of matterss cover between fir cousion.
IMG_20210922_181924546.jpg
IMG_20210922_181937827_HDR.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wh
Also brought the crate home today. ( Wasn't dirty, but y'all know me, I still cleaned it).
They also gave me a huge bag of the horse pellets for the litter. I've got it all set up & ready , except for the low box for litter. Picking those up at my friend's store tomorrow. I used plastic containers to elevate the bowls, to make it easier.
It's set up in my bedrm bthrm, because I don't use that shower in there ( to sm)
This way it will be out of the way & quiet for him. I'll spend time with him as well. When he's feeling better & coming around more, maybe I'll move it to the living room. I used two blankets with a piece of matterss cover between fir cousion.
View attachment 396062View attachment 396063
What a comfy and attractive little recuperation station! Love the china and also, your towels.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Panthers home!
A little sleepy. He was already trying to get
out of the crate when I put him in. He finally settled. Got him to eat some, & drank a lot of water. Got half way in & rest my head nxt to his for a few. He's resting now, so going to finally get something to eat myself.
We go bk Mon , so she can drain some fluid near incision, & fentenall patch will come off. He gets an antibiotic in the mornings.
Now I need to go eat!

IMG_20210923_163916877_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210923_185200235_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210923_185425127_HDR.jpg

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Panthers home!
out of the crate when I put him in. He finally settled. Got him to eat some, & drank a lot of water. Got half way in & rest my head nxt to his for a few. He's resting now, so going to finally get something to eat myself.
We go bk Mon , so she can drain some fluid near incision, & fentenall patch will come off. He gets an antibiotic in the mornings.
Now I need to go eat!

View attachment 396211View attachment 396212View attachment 396213

Thank you for being so good to him.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Panthers home!
Now I need to go eat!

View attachment 396211View attachment 396212View attachment 396213
Awww, sweet BOY! *Prayers* from the heart, and all best wishes of wellbeing, wellness, recuperation, and good health for Panther!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
angels mommy angels mommy : I just saw this thread now. Poor Panther. Thankfully he made it home where he knew his mom would get help for him. So sorry he, and you, are going through this. Please keep us updated on his progress. Hugs and healing vibes heading your way.
🤗🤗🤗🤗
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
Thank you so much!!! Yes, I'm just thankful he made it home! .....now the recovery journey begins....

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know how I could have missed your updates but I'm glad I found them now. Poor boy, Panther. :frown: Between a painful injury and losing his leg he must have been terrified but through it all he found his savior in you.:heartshape: He is in good hands now and I'm sure he will recuperate 100%.

I thought I'd mention that Boris Diamond Boris Diamond rescued a handsome tripod cat and might be able to help with advice and suggestions.
Rehabilitation of a three legged cat

Sending healing vibes to Panther and special thoughts for your mom as she recovers from her accident. :vibes::vibes::vibes:
I hope you are able to sleep better now that Panther is home with you. :grouphug2:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how I could have missed your updates but I'm glad I found them now. Poor boy, Panther. :frown: Between a painful injury and losing his leg he must have been terrified but through it all he found his savior in you.:heartshape: He is in good hands now and I'm sure he will recuperate 100%.

I thought I'd mention that Boris Diamond Boris Diamond rescued a handsome tripod cat and might be able to help with advice and suggestions.
Rehabilitation of a three legged cat

Sending healing vibes to Panther and special thoughts for your mom as she recovers from her accident. :vibes::vibes::vibes:
I hope you are able to sleep better now that Panther is home with you. :grouphug2:
Thank you!! Yes, I am wiped out! I spent almost an hour in the bathroom with him. Let him out for some snuggle time. Got slapped & "an attempt to bite." But of course he didn't. Always that motion , moth open, ...."I'm gonna!" When trying to put him back in. Told him momma was trying to help him & he had to be a good boy & let me, so he gets better, that it was time to rest & go night,night. In that, discovered that he'd peed some on the blanket, so switched that out with a puppy pad underneath this time.
🤞🙏 On giving him his antibiotic in the morning. Vet said try crushing it in some food, so I'm going to just fix a little spoonful first w/ some water mixed in, & load it up with nutritional yeast, since he loves it so much, & hopefully that will work. Then give him the rest of his food. 🤞
I'm headed to bed!!! 🤞🙏 I finally get some good sleep.
IMG_20210923_212617524_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210923_214311595~3.jpg

Between the fluid that's going to be drained, & the swelling, he's even bigger.

Last edited:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Panther is a beautiful kitty! Of course, I've always had a soft spot for black cats.:redheartpump:

My tripod, also with a big cat name, Tiger, was adopted about a year and a half ago. He also had his left rear leg completely removed. I did not take him home until after he had recovered from surgery, which he did at the rescue. He has adapted quite well to only having three legs and can jump up on furniture and windowsills. He can scoot around the house almost as fast as the other cats. His only problem with the litter box is that once a week or so he fails to cover well - something four legged cats do also!

I have read this thread and I will be following along and sending best vibes and prayers for the beautiful Panther's quick recovery. I think your kitty could not be in better hands.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is there any way you can trap his car friend outside? I worry that whatever happened to him could happen to her.

As he starts getting more active in the cage, you might want to get some adhesive Velcro for his dishes and box so he doesn’t knock them over.

Also might want to get him a fish in a bowl ( real or fake) for entertainment. When he feels better.

I love his set up there.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!! Yes, I am wiped out! I spent almost an hour in the bathroom with him. Let him out for some snuggle time. Got slapped & "an attempt to bite." But of course he didn't. Always that motion , moth open, ...."I'm gonna!" When trying to put him back in. Told him momma was trying to help him & he had to be a good boy & let me, so he gets better, that it was time to rest & go night,night. In that, discovered that he'd peed some on the blanket, so switched that out with a puppy pad underneath this time.
🤞🙏 On giving him his antibiotic in the morning. Vet said try crushing it in some food, so I'm going to just fix a little spoonful first w/ some water mixed in, & load it up with nutritional yeast, since he loves it so much, & hopefully that will work. Then give him the rest of his food. 🤞
I'm headed to bed!!! 🤞🙏 I finally get some good sleep.
View attachment 396249
View attachment 396251
Between the fluid that's going to be drained, & the swelling, he's even bigger.
*PRAYERS* from the heart for Panther's contined recuperation and wellbeing, comfort, and patience through his ordeal. IDK if pill pockets would be helpful but some cats reportedly love them.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all❤. I'm exsausted. It's 7:00 & still have to shower & eat something for dinner. I've spent about 90% of the day in there with him, because he's more comfortable outside the crate & does well, wanting to lay by me. To make it easier on myself, I'll paste the update I texted to family & close friends today. Haven't really had time for anything.

Well, only got about 3 hrs sleep, he woke me up at 1:45 from noise in litter box, then took over hr to get bk to sleep. Then cried at 5, so got up, let him out & laid on floor in bthrm w/ him for cpl hrs. Got up to feed him & Honey, & give med ,then tried to go bk to sleep, but only got about 1.5 hrs. Was leaving him alone w/ door shut & in crate for about 3 hrs, hoping he was sleeping, wish I'd chkd sooner. He pooped himself. Peed in bx, but poop on blanket ( already went through 2 pee blankets lst night,) I washed this morning. Had puppy pad on blanket, but got on anyway. He also managed to get the tape wrapped around his tail off, holding the fentanyl patch. Thank goodness it was still on. I rewrapped & also 1st aid taped around that! Had to use wipes , rinsed in warm water, to clean him up, but he let me. Did first warm compress at 1:30. Have to do 2xs/ day to help keep it all circulating. .....
Last night after getting hm & settled, he ate a whole 3oz can of FF shrimp & salmon.👍
This morning just a 1.75 oz of one of the Sheba snap apart twin pks of chkn.
Tonight, offered FF beef & liver, not interested. So gave other half of Sheba chkn pkt, did a few licks a cpl of xs, but that's it so far. If he doesn't eat, I'll offer something else a little later. I have some Abound grain free turkey. He usually likes all of those though...
I emailed the vet about the fluid w/ picture & she want to drain it tomorrow, instead of Mon, so we'll be getting up early 😑 to go do that....
IMG_20210924_174827877_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210924_184915157_HDR.jpg

I have stuff on the toilet, so he doesn't try to get up there, but doesn't seem like he would anyway.