Panther has a broken femer!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much of that weight loss came from the amputation itself? You need to know the amount he lost by not eating enough food.
I'm not sure, but he's eating pretty good now, so I'm not worried. (I doubt they weighed the leg).
he's been eating most of a 3oz can, or most of half a 5.5 oz can. That's what I gave him tonight w/ a spoonful of chicken baby food mixed in. He ate all but about a spoonful.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a little update. Had an appt yesterday. They are happy about how he's getting around so far. Checked it again, & there's no fluid. The vet said that it's just swelling & his little fat pad shifted. She wants to try & take a few staples out in 10 days, so we go back on the 7th.
They all love him there. They say how he Really fits his name. ❤ When we were there for the first time a few months ago for conjunctivitis, he weighed 14.5 lbs. Yesterday he was 12.8.

Here's a little video I took around 6:45 tonight.

New video by Kelly R
He's looking really well! I left a comment.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you move him to the living room?
No, he's still in the bthrm. He'd never settle if he was. He'd be able to see Honey outside, & want to go out. Plus, he's in my bedroom bathroom, so he's close to me at night. Since he wakes me up at least 2xs/ night..
when he's in the crate, I even tried to leave the door half open, so he could see out the window above my bed, but he just cried more, so I have to almost close the door, only leaving it open just about 5 inches or less. I leave it barely cracked when I go to bed, or else he sees me, & wants to be up there with me.

All settled for the night...🤞🤞🙏🙏
IMG_20210928_211657335~2.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course they love him and, best of all, he picked you! 😻 Thanks so much for the updates, we're all very fond of Panther.:grouphug:
Awww, thank you. Yeah, the vet tech told him he adopted a good mommy. 😄❤
Having done massage for over 20 yrs, I've also been doing gentle little massage down his spine, hip joints, & leg.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks tired in that picture. You should not have a hard time sleeping.
He always does after meds, but come 1:30, or 3:30, then again about 5:45 or 6:45.
the first time, usually he's peed, so he cries, & I get up & change his pad. Since he hasn't been using the litter box, he may not like the pellets, so he pees on his bed, so that's why I've been keeping pads on it. Tonight, I put just a pad in the box, w/ only a few little pieces in there, & hopefully he'll use it, but we'll see!

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He always does after meds, but come 1:30, or 3:30, then again about 5:45 or 6:45.
The first time, usually he's peed, so he cries, & I get up & change his pad. Since he hasn't been using the litter box, he may not like the pellets, so he pees on his bed, so that's why I've been keeping pads on it. Tonight, I put just a pad in the box, with only a few little pieces in there, & hopefully he'll use it, but we'll see!
He wants real litter back. Cats bury waste instinctively, so pellets and pee pads go against their natural psychology. I am sure you are looking forward to letting him do that again!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks better to me in spite of being on meds that make him sleepy. He looks much more comfortable. Healing is taking place. Things will begin to settle into an easier routine before you know it. You massage him? Oh my! That’s such a great idea to help his muscles relax! I would like a mommy just like you!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly, Panther really looks good. H He knows the love you have for him, and trusts you completely.
He is showing his love for his Mama..

I do not know how you are doing it.. but in times of emergencies, we just 'do'...

I wish I was there to help you...
I want to tell you that you are an awesome person.. The love just keeps flowing out of you. Panther knows that.. and is trying to heal and find some way to show his love for YOU...

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much guys. It was a really rough night. I am literally sitting here crying..😢😢
I only got about 3 hrs of sleep last night.
I feel like I'm at a breaking point. He woke me up at 1:00 am. I try to let him cry a little, to see if he'd settle, but can't too much, because I have someone above me, & don't want to wake her either. So I went in to lay with him for a while, but he still wasn't very settled. He wants out of the bathroom. When I try to put him back in the crate, he tries to scratch & bite me. Finally put him back in at 5:00 this morning, & tried to get some sleep. I can't work, & do all of this on little sleep. He's got to be tired too. I hear him up already as well. It's 7:45. I'm going to call & ask the vet about amatriptyline or something to help. My patience are barely there. I have to somehow work today.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
(((Hugs))) You are exhausted.. physically and mentally...

Panther is feeling better, that is why he wants OUT... and is frustrated. He is healing..

I think, perhaps something for him at night, would help both of you... get some sleep.

I am feeling that his natural feral part is starting to come out. He is feeling better.
But YOU, need to get a lot of rest.

Perhaps both of you should try something at night. Just for one night, for yourself.. and see what happens.

(((Hugs))) I am so proud of you....

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much guys. It was a really rough night. I am literally sitting here crying..😢😢
I only got about 3 hrs of sleep last night.
I feel like I'm at a breaking point. He woke me up at 1:00 am. I try to let him cry a little, to see if he'd settle, but can't too much, because I have someone above me, & don't want to wake her either. So I went in to lay with him for a while, but he still wasn't very settled. He wants out of the bathroom. When I try to put him back in the crate, he tries to scratch & bite me. Finally put him back in at 5:00 this morning, & tried to get some sleep. I can't work, & do all of this on little sleep. He's got to be tired too. I hear him up already as well. It's 7:45. I'm going to call & ask the vet about amatriptyline or something to help. My patience are barely there. I have to somehow work today.
You need maternity leave. This was pretty much how I felt the first few weeks with J.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maternity leave should be a MUST! I agree with artiemom artiemom -- Panther is feeling better and starting to be his old self!
I wake me up twice a night, and I usually go back to sleep after returning to bed. Maybe you can train yourself? I hope Panther's doctor has something to help him sleep in better at night so you don't have to, though.
I've gone through various emergencies and like you, I have somehow found the strength, patience, and love to be able to carry on through. You can, and you will, too.