Panther has a broken femer!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad to hear all is well with Panther and Honey. Honey looks like she appreciates her little canopy bed.
And Panther looks like he could not pawsibly be any happier. :bigeyes:

Happy Belated Birthday. :bday: That cake is gorgeous.

Sorry about your health issues. Sounds like a scary ordeal. 🤗

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. It definitely was!
Yes, Honey loves her little canopy bed, & Panther is still always doing something to make me laugh....goofy boy!

Yes, my sister is getting really good! Shes been getting pretty steady orders from people at church & work. Since she's been working from home, she has more time to do them. 😊

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Lari! 😊. I'm creeping up there. ,53 now! 😄
It was orange cake inside.
A few yrs bk my mom made me an orange cake w/ chocolate frosting & it was SO good!!! So I wanted that again, but my sister wanted to make the cake, & try something new. It was georgous & the cake was good, but I don't think fondant taste that great.

The rock candy to make it look like agate was really cool too.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Lari! 😊. I'm creeping up there. ,53 now! 😄
It was orange cake inside.
A few yrs bk my mom made me an orange cake w/ chocolate frosting & it was SO good!!! So I wanted that again, but my sister wanted to make the cake, & try something new. It was georgous & the cake was good, but I don't think fondant taste that great.

The rock candy to make it look like agate was really cool too.
So happy to see Panther and Honey so happy and healthy! SNORGLES on them both (well, on Panther if he'll accept them. And virtually, on Honey). Hoping you can wait on the dental issues until it's more affordable.
OUCH! Hoping you are feeling better and that you are able to get what you came for in time. I had a laparoscopic procedure and it was touch-and-go overnight as I almost went over the line temperature-wise, but it went back down and no complications. Hoping all is well with you, too!
Beautiful cake. Orange is my favorite! My "second mom" (oldest friend's mom) used to make them from scratch -- best I ever had. Your sister is quite an artist!
Thanks for checking in and for the beautiful pix!
I love the duvet.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , Thank you so much!
Yes, the orange cake & chocolate frosting combo is so good! I highly recommend you try it! I may do some cupcakes soon.

Yes, well, im not sure that I'd be able to get an ablasion in the future. The only options now would be to take the uterus, which I can't take that much down time from work, & then have restrictions ... So next, she ( diff Dr. The one who was actually in the surgery, I won't see the other one again!) Recommended an IUD to help decrease or stop bleeding. I have an appt in 6 wks, & if I decide to go ahead, we'd do it that day.
Its good for 8 yrs, so would probably get me through menopause. Im just not sure yet.
Some of the side effects were headache & backache, which I don't need w/ already having spontaneous at L2&3. So will have to talk more about it.
Because I had a mini stroke at 35, I can't do anything w/ estrogen (& moms breasts cancer history), so she said it would be progesterone?? Only, & just locally, vs/ if I got the other options that were the arm implants, or depro shots. They would be more in my system.
So, if any of you have ever had an IUD & want to share your experience w/ it, I'd really appreciate any feedback. You can pm me if you don't want to comment here. 😊❤

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , Thank you so much!
Yes, the orange cake & chocolate frosting combo is so good! I highly recommend you try it! I may do some cupcakes soon.

Yes, well, im not sure that I'd be able to get an ablasion in the future. The only options now would be to take the uterus, which I can't take that much down time from work, & then have restrictions ... So next, she ( diff Dr. The one who was actually in the surgery, I won't see the other one again!) Recommended an IUD to help decrease or stop bleeding. I have an appt in 6 wks, & if I decide to go ahead, we'd do it that day.
Its good for 8 yrs, so would probably get me through menopause. Im just not sure yet.
Some of the side effects were headache & backache, which I don't need w/ already having spontaneous at L2&3. So will have to talk more about it.
Because I had a mini stroke at 35, I can't do anything w/ estrogen (& moms breasts cancer history), so she said it would be progesterone?? Only, & just locally, vs/ if I got the other options that were the arm implants, or depro shots. They would be more in my system.
So, if any of you have ever had an IUD & want to share your experience w/ it, I'd really appreciate any feedback. You can pm me if you don't want to comment here. 😊❤
I have had several. Dropped one out. HEAVY bleeding and cramps with all. But all in all, IMHO it is well worth it (in my case because I have never wanted kids) especially if it is your best alternative. I don't have any experience of the other things you list. Really hoping you can get the very best care and choices available to you.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had several. Dropped one out. HEAVY bleeding and cramps with all. But all in all, IMHO it is well worth it (in my case because I have never wanted kids) especially if it is your best alternative. I don't have any experience of the other things you list. Really hoping you can get the very best care and choices available to you.
Yikes!! No, this is supposed to help reduce or stop bleeding all together, so I would certainly hope it doesn't cause more bleeding. (I don't need it for birth control, the person I am with had a vasectomy.)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes!! No, this is supposed to help reduce or stop bleeding all together, so I would certainly hope it doesn't cause more bleeding. (I don't need it for birth control, the person I am with had a vasectomy.)
Heavy bleeding is one of the main effects of IUDs. :sigh: You might want to bring this up to your care team. It is very well known and very prevalent.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heavy bleeding is one of the main effects of IUDs. :sigh: You might want to bring this up to your care team. It is very well known and very prevalent.
Thats strange, because what shes told me, & what I've seen in the info about it, papers given, & online, its to help reduce or stop it all together, & she said its for 8 yrs, so it should get me through menopause. 🤞
Maybe you had the ones w/ estrogen as well, & its different. 🤷 She also gave me a site to get more info from. Its bedsider.org.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats strange, because what shes told me, & what I've seen in the info about it, papers given, & online, its to help reduce or stop it all together, & she said its for 8 yrs, so it should get me through menopause. 🤞
Maybe you had the ones w/ estrogen as well, & its different. 🤷 She also gave me a site to get more info from. Its bedsider.org.
I had the Copper 7. No hormones.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly, I will respond another time, in more depth..So happy about the kitties.. With what you have had to endure--ugh..

From my experience, work. career: IUDs are known to cause heavy bleeding... Do your research.. There are complications to them, as everything else. Unless this one, your current GYN is suggesting is a new, specialized one, which contains some types of hormones to reduce the bleeding..
Complications also include perforation of the uterus---is a rare complication; but, since you have already had one, I would really look into the type/name brand of the IUD, your doctor is suggesting. I have seen many, in my line of work.

If it were me, I would go onto the manufactures website for information. And google the name brand, to see comments about it.

The website your doctor gave you, seems like a forum.. not medical information. I really want you to do your research on this. I really do.. You have been through so much. I would not trust a 'forum' on this. It seems it is very advertising heavy, promoting certain products....

((((Hugs))))

more later.. gotta go..

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok guys, I just talked to a nurse at the office, & she said the one we were talking about putting in is the Merana. (sp?). I told her about the feedback, & she said some will cause heavy bleeding for the first few months, but then drop off, or stop. So I will research it more this wknd, & see what I can find. I think that website was so that I could ask questions, etc... To others who've maybe had it. I didn't look to much into it, just read the info on it.
Im off to work now, pray for me, my low bk is spasming a bit again, ( been off & on for a wk now!) so have had the tens unit on this morning, & took 3 ibuprofen! I swear, I just can't catch a break!! 😟. Oh, and im supposed to start today! Thankfully, I only have the chiro office today, & I'll sit in her massage chair before I go!
Hope y'all have a good day 😘

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never had an IUD, but I believe I've heard from people that the Mirena does tend to stop them from having periods. But it probably also depends on the person.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, ok, yeah, im not sure if they do those anymore. These are little white plastic looking ones, like pictured on the site
I had one of those -- don't know which brand -- after I dropped out the copper. Yes, there are still copper ones on the market.
Cindy (artiemom) has experience in the health field and I would certainly tend to give her thoughts greater weight than those of a Yelp-like forum.
Really hope your back feels better soon. I've had that experience too; my chiro said never to apply dry heat (like heating pad) but to use moist heat (if you have one of those rice-filled things that you can microwave for up to 2 min., it can be very helpful) and alternate with cold (he recommended a bag of frozen peas! in a towel. Refreeze/reuse as necessary, but don't use for food.) if you wish. I use the rice bag and it really does help. A lot of people use the patches -- I've never used so don't know about their effectiveness.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for the input ladies.
Yes, a client of mine said she had one & she didn't get her period anymore. I'll still look into it more before I make my final discission for sure.
Yes, I have a rice pack. A nice long one for around the neck. A friend used to make them for the co-op I used to buy for. I don't wet it though, since it has rice in it.

There is a little liner inside my heating pad cover that I can probably wet. I just got home, so am going to take a nice hot shower too! I'll probably try the cold gel pk after that ,before going bk to heat.
I did 2 rounds in the massage chair today after cleaning the chiros office.
It has GOT to let up. Its been off & on ( mostly on) for a whole wk tomorrow!
Im just thankful I got through this wk. It was my hardest wk of clients. Mon, I did an initial clean for a new client & it took longer that an initial ever has before....6 hrs!! They have 5 cats! (& my bk was already acting up before then). Tues was the big historical house dwntwn, then Wedns I had a beach condo ( a lot if stairs/ 3 levels), & the acupuncture office after that.
So Thurs., Yesterday was my acupuncture trade for that.
So .......its been a week!!! TGIF!!!! :thud:
Thanks again for the info ladies, I really do appreciate it!!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for the input ladies.
Yes, a client of mine said she had one & she didn't get her period anymore. I'll still look into it more before I make my final discission for sure.
Yes, I have a rice pack. A nice long one for around the neck. A friend used to make them for the co-op I used to buy for. I don't wet it though, since it has rice in it.

There is a little liner inside my heating pad cover that I can probably wet. I just got home, so am going to take a nice hot shower too! I'll probably try the cold gel pk after that ,before going bk to heat.
I did 2 rounds in the massage chair today after cleaning the chiros office.
It has GOT to let up. Its been off & on ( mostly on) for a whole wk tomorrow!
Im just thankful I got through this wk. It was my hardest wk of clients. Mon, I did an initial clean for a new client & it took longer that an initial ever has before....6 hrs!! They have 5 cats! (& my bk was already acting up before then). Tues was the big historical house dwntwn, then Wedns I had a beach condo ( a lot if stairs/ 3 levels), & the acupuncture office after that.
So Thurs., Yesterday was my acupuncture trade for that.
So .......its been a week!!! TGIF!!!! :thud:
Thanks again for the info ladies, I really do appreciate it!!!
Moisture and electricity do NOT mix well. The whole point of the rice bag is that when you heat the rice, it is moist. You don't add anything. And the moisture is such that it does not harm the rice or the bag. Just microwave the bag for up to 2 min. in the microwave and apply. I have the same style that you do -- it has loops at either end, so I pass a fabric belt through it and put it around me, then tie it. It is really wonderful and helpful.