Pancreatitis, EPI, and IBD

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just received pre-results from the GI Panel 2 w spec fPl and talked to Roo's Vet. She said he is positive for Pancreatitis, EPI, and IBD. Im overwhelmed right now. I know the meds she said he needed but no prescriptions yet as Im guessing its pre-results. Pancreazyme, Tyloson, Prednisolone and B12. Can anyone give advice on best and most economical place to get tnese filled? Or any advice on what to expect from here foreward? Thank you!
20210415_172510.jpg

20210415_172547.jpg

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow, this is a lot for you to take in, I'm sure :alright:. EPI is kind of rare, but there are a couple cats here who have it. Here is a thread where one member gives her knowledge about how she handles it, specifically on post #5 in the thread:

Cat with poop and vomit issues almost daily

Additionally, here is an excellent site all about IBD which you might find helpful:

Feline Nutrition – IBDKitties

I think possibly the pancreatitis may be part of the EPI, but not sure. Just know there are different types of Pancreatitis. There are so many threads here on it that I'm not sure viewing them would be helpful at this juncture since not sure which kind he has.

Hoping he can get started on medication soon.