Pancreatitis/Clostridium/IBD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my, I'm so sorry this is happening to you-all! I'm sending tons of good thoughts :vibes::bouquet:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leighthecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys,

Unfortunately, Neko went into cardiac arrest and passed away around 5:37 this morning. The radiologist did note free gas in his abdomen (and the doctor confirmed on a post mortem x-ray that it was there) and he did not have congestive heart failure, just a heart on the larger side of normal. It was likely a GI perforation and even immediate surgery for that would have a poor to guarded prognosis.

Thank you all for all your advice and help and good wishes. I really wish we had a better outcome to report. Neko was our baby and my world pretty much revolves around him so I feel at a total loss. I wish I could have been with him in his last moments but we couldn't go back while they were working on him.

Much love to all of you and your kitties. I hope you all stay safe, healthy, and happy. :angelcat:

Astragal14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so, so, so sorry for your loss. You must feel so alone right now but know we're all right here with you. Neko knew how much you loved him and he will always be a part of your heart.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry to read this. You did everything possible to help Neko and I hope that over time there will be some comfort in that.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you :hugs:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
When a cat passes, we lock the thread out of respect. If you would like to post a memorial to Neko in our Crossing the Bridge forum, you are welcome to do so.

Again, I am very sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.