Palm Oil FREE Margarine/Spread - any Vegans out there???

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, I'm looking for suggestions.

I have mild but noticeable Xanthelasma on my eyes, upper and lower.  I recently burned them off and after much pain, I'm at a place where I can live with them and don't mind looking in the mirror.

I have always eaten pretty clean, yet this still developed due to the natural high levels of LDL.

I have changed my diet and dropped butter and replaced it with Blue Bonnet/Country Crock etc any spread that does not contain cholesterol.  However, I just read that I should actually stay away from Coconut Oil and Palm Oil as they are factors in developing Xanthelasma and most all contain Palm Oil.

I just started a statin-Lipitor 10ml and hope this will also help keep them at bay.

I'm hoping someone can recommend a new spread for me to use.  I have been using an avocado spread I've been making for years but sometimes I just want toast with butter and I'm at a loss.

From what I understand about this condition is it's very relevant in the UK, so if there are any British TCS members who suffer or know of someone who suffers from this, I would love to hear how they changed their diet, if at all.

Thanks...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I am vegetarian and my one daughter is vegan.  Coincidently she also works in the nutrition field.  I will e-mail her and see what she says but fair warning, she's very strict about eating a plant based diet. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am vegetarian and my one daughter is vegan.  Coincidently she also works in the nutrition field.  I will e-mail her and see what she says but fair warning, she's very strict about eating a plant based diet. 

I would love to hear what she has to say.  I do crave baked chicken or pork on occasion and my twice a year steak but that's it.

I'm interested of what the differences are between Butter, Ghee and Margarine.  Although margarine is somewhat healthier for the cholesterol, it's not so good for the heart because of the oils.

What are some of your secrets as a vegetarian?  I'll take any advice I can get.  

I really don't want to start taking drugs if I can do it naturally first.

Thanks @Neely  in advance for any advice you can give me.

One thing I noticed is I think the Statin is giving me hot flashes, flashes that I managed to get rid of for a few months now.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

I would love to hear what she has to say.  I do crave baked chicken or pork on occasion and my twice a year steak but that's it.
I spoke to my daughter tonight and am going to send you a private message with her recommendation.  Hope it's helpful.