Palatable alternative to egg yolk

dhruska211

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Of course it's sticky. It's a meat sludge lol. I like my meat to be sticky so I can add some warm water during serving.
I purchased raw frozen at my pet store.....there's is watery not sticky like this.....(I'm sure the store bought one is made cheaper and add water to it). Thanks. I'll add the water! I HAVE PICKY CATS!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I purchased raw frozen at my pet store.....there's is watery not sticky like this.....(I'm sure the store bought one is made cheaper and add water to it). Thanks. I'll add the water! I HAVE PICKY CATS!
The ones at the store just probably have higher water content. They want more $$$.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably choline chloride since that's what pet food companies use and vit d supplements.

Dogzymes Choline - Fatty Liver Support, Cardiovascular Support, Cognition - Nature's Farmacy
Vitamin D, in order of most to least, is available in the kidney, liver, and muscle meat I already include. It's probably not necessary to add more. As Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin, it can be over-supplemented.

Choline and the other B vitamins are water soluble. The risk of over-supplementation of these is a lot lower. Excess B vitamins are excreted in the urine. Choline is found in kidney and liver. I add a half a B-50 to my 1 lbs batches anyway because Krista will just pee out what she doesn't need.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vitamin D, in order of most to least, is available in the kidney, liver, and muscle meat I already include. It's probably not necessary to add more. As Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin, it can be over-supplemented.

Choline and the other B vitamins are water soluble. The risk of over-supplementation of these is a lot lower. Excess B vitamins are excreted in the urine. Choline is found in kidney and liver. I add a half a B-50 to my 1 lbs batches anyway because Krista will just pee out what she doesn't need.
I'm just going off my nutrient analysis. The USDA databade entries doesn't list the vitamin D in the organ meat but it does probably have some. But still even with yolk I am a bit under the vitamin d minimim recommended amount. I use half of a b-complex for my 4.25 pounds and it's still quite over the minimum.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just going off my nutrient analysis. The USDA databade entries doesn't list the vitamin D in the organ meat but it does probably have some. But still even with yolk I am a bit under the vitamin d minimim recommended amount. I use half of a b-complex for my 4.25 pounds and it's still quite over the minimum.
I make her food from rabbit leg meat, kidneys, and liver. None of it specifically shows up in USDA database. Unless you count, "various cuts".

Although this is primarily beef, I imagine rabbit is relatively comparable.