Painful Swollen Rear Paw

chrikc1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys. So I noticed my sweet girl Paris limping down the hallway today. She was refusing to put weight on her back paw. I picked her up and she hissed at me (Not normal). Her back foot is really swollen. She doesn't want me to mess with it but it doesn't appear to be anything stuck in her pads. There is no blood. Just a really swollen paw. I don't know exactly how long she has been like this because she likes to spend most of her time in a spare room or under the bed. She was fine yesterday afternoon. Nothing to the extent of having her foot stepped on or shut in a door has happened. Any ideas? I just lost my job and have zero money at the moment (Of course this happens now) and am hoping my mom will help me out. In the meantime, do you guys have any ideas on what could have happened, ways to make her comfy, words of encouragement or similar experiences? Thanks!

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's really impossible to say what happened, therefore, impossible to say how to "fix it"" :frown: Is it possible she got stung by something? I would say if the swelling doesn't go down by tomorrow, she probably does need to be seen by a Vet. Naturally these things happen when you are the least prepared, but hopefully your mother will help out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chrikc1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I thought about that but it's her back paw. If it was her front I would think she batted at something. Iv got her in my room so I can watch her and she can't run off somewhere...

Attachments

Ashley23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She could have jumped off the bed and twisted it , or jumped up and strained it .. my cat was limping the other week too for a few days , called my vet and told me to put a warm compress wrapped on the paw for a few mins a couple times a day, which seemed to work and my cat is now fine.
You can always try that, but again if it doesn’t go away you should see the vet.. does she let you touch it ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chrikc1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She doesn't want me to. I think it's broken the way it's sitting. She is going into the vet thanks to my mom. Thanks guys. Well wishes are appreciated. My sweet girl, true to form, is still lovey and purring. Hopefully ahe will be comfy by the end of the day

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Let us know what the Vet says. Broken? Wow...hope not!