pain in my head

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Thread starter
Top Cat
Joined
Mar 13, 2006
Messages
10,177
Purraise
1
Location
Podunk, Kansas
Yes-all day off and on I get this stabbing pain on the left side of my head..

What in the world is it? I am getting kinda worried
 

proudmomof3cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
425
Purraise
1
IT sounds like a really bad migraine, usually people say if something like that stays for more than 24 hours you should go to the doctor. Hope that helps, i have had many very bad migraines they can be pretty bad.

Manda
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #3

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Thread starter
Top Cat
Joined
Mar 13, 2006
Messages
10,177
Purraise
1
Location
Podunk, Kansas
Originally Posted by proudmomof3cats

IT sounds like a really bad migraine, usually people say if something like that stays for more than 24 hours you should go to the doctor. Hope that helps, i have had many very bad migraines they can be pretty bad.

Manda
I do get migraines often, but this thing comes and goes
i am looking now on line about a headache called a "ice pick" headache...sounds similar..
 

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
13,498
Purraise
34
I get ice pick headaches. I've learned that for me it's a sign that my blood pressure is dropping fast, but I bet it could occur with high blood pressure, too.

Just a thought!
 

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Joined
Nov 25, 2008
Messages
5,120
Purraise
34
I used to get those all the time. For me it was usually always getting worse from morning to evening..I went to the doc and she gave me medicine for migraine even tho she wasn't sure if it was migraine or tension headache....I got some really strong medicine that knocked me out every time I took it, it felt so good for the pain to disappear and doze off..lol. But then my prescription ran out and I never went back for a follow up or to get more...and somehow my headaches disappeared on their own. I think it must have been somehow connected w/ stress in my life. I was suffering from depression at the time also, and headaches disappearing was related to my depression going away...
 

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
13,498
Purraise
34
Originally Posted by ut0pia

I was suffering from depression at the time also, and headaches disappearing was related to my depression going away...
Headache causes are very tied into serotonin and norepinephrine levels (hence why they now make SSNRIs). It would make sense that if something was off with these that it would cause headaches and depression.
 

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
6,108
Purraise
14
Location
Online
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I get ice pick headaches. I've learned that for me it's a sign that my blood pressure is dropping fast, but I bet it could occur with high blood pressure, too.

Just a thought!
I get those "ice pick" headaches, too, and in my case, it's due to my high blood pressure.
 

laureen227

Terrific Tenebrous Trio!
Top Cat
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Messages
19,211
Purraise
253
Location
Arlington TX
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Headache causes are very tied into serotonin and norepinephrine levels (hence why they now make SSNRIs). It would make sense that if something was off with these that it would cause headaches and depression.
works both ways, too. many people on my migraine list take SSRIs as migraine preventatives. the triptans also increase serotonin levels.
 
Top