Overrated movies

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@MoonstoneWolf I'm with you on the zombie thing. I find it all so annoying. If we're adding TV shows, add in Game of Thrones. My late DH used to watch it and the times I did sit through it, I rolled my eyes so many times, i thought they'd get stuck. :rolleyes2: :lol:
I've really enjoyed the books thus far, but the show, while it started out okay, really made some bad decisions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Avatar - Don't get me wrong, it was good but as for all the hype? meh.
I think the telling thing about Avatar is that it has been one of the highest-grossing films of all time but it's almost never listed as anyone's favorite movie. I feel aside from the original hype it isn't a movie people talk about regularly.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Any movie with Casey Affleck in it. None of them ever have any dialog other than the 'f' word.
j
I loved him in Gone, Baby, Gone but have never seen anything else with him in it.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
W Willowy I saw GWTW in an old theater and sat in the balcony. I've never enjoyed
watching it on television. My fave parts of the movies were Scarlett's frocks, ha!!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really all the '80s teen girl movies, like Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, The Breakfast Club, etc. Nope.
The only 80s movie with Molly Ringwald I regularly watched when it came on was For Keeps and almost nobody has heard of it.
I cannot say that I agree with the views on Dirty Dancing, but I really dislike almost all the other 80s teen girl movies. The Breakfast Club was one of the reasons I came here to post! Haha! It sucks. Sixteen Candles? Yuck!

I actually enjoyed For Keeps. I also like Better Off Dead.

Other overrated movies:
La La Land
Lost in Translation
Forest Gump
The Godfather
Breakfast at Tiffany's
The Notebook (I despise Nicholas Sparks.)
Love Actually
Toy Story
Melancholia (I understand it is supposed to be depressing, but my goodness.)
Bride's Maids
Napoleon Dynomite