Outdoors/indoors dilemma - poll results

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey everyone...in the April issue of Cat Fancy, there are some awsome pictures of the outdoor enclosures. Of course most of the stuff in all the issues are great, but I really enjoyed getting some good ideas for my enclosure.

heather

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
At this point in time I am an indoor only, I live on the 16th floor of an apartment buidling. I am however moving in April so I will allow my Casey out on a leash as well, I get the feeling that should would enjoy some fresh air!!

My friend had a great point, why do cat owners feel guitly only keeping their cats indoors when owners are able to declaw their beloved cats???

Personally I have not declawed my cat and do not intend to!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard of someone who put in a cat flap and ended up with a raccoon and a snake in her house!

My boys are indoors-guys, but Squirt used to be in/out. He really loved it, nad it was only after he got lost and (fortunately) found that I put an end to outdoors. I'd like to move someplace where I can have a screened porch for them to go out (although I KNOW I'd have at least one hanging from the screen). That's what Squirt used to do when he wanted to go out. By the time I left that apt. the whole screen door was in shreds!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Deb! That must've been awful for the people who had the snake and the coon come inside!! Everyyear we have baby coons in the hollow tree in our front yard, so a flap would be out of the question for me too!!

And about the screens....I wondered if anyone else had that problem, my husband bought all new screens for our giant picture windows that are in the living and dining rooms. He bought them last spring, and since then, they have holes all over them, because their is a brick ledge all around the front of the house...the house has brick from the windows to the ground, and the cats sit on the ledge constantly, which is okay, except they like to climb the screens, and hang from them....I tried using a squirt bottle on them, whenever I caught them doing it, but it hasn't helped...they have a mind of their own...lol
My husband is realy mad, though and threatened to get rid of the cats, but I promised him i would buy new screens this spring, with my own money, so he would calm down.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne:
I checked out the book on Amazon. That's the house I've seen too. Makes me jealous just looking at the picture! I would love to construct something like that! For now I still drool over those $300 things at PetSmart.