Outdoor Feral Iives Outside Missing

WWG1WGA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
I always feed feral cat that has been around my house for 4 years. I know this because my Stepdad did TNR? a small litter. My self serving mother kept 1 cat I think there was 2 other the lil boy stayed around and my Step Dad been caring for him since . I had to move back home to help care for sick mom and adopted the duties of caring for my feral outside "Bud Bud". We just started clicking he has been sleeping under deck, I built a home base for him feed him twice a day and he does not miss our appointments to eat. Landscapers were here to blow leaves, I heard them outside and something inside me got worried about the cat , sure enough his house was not in usual spot(IDK) and he has been missing, that was Saturday 11/24. I am upset and infuriated I was not told they were coming. I never have worried before about landscapers mowing etc, but something felt wrong. I am infuriated and heartbroken. Anything about not worrying because he will return? I have indoor cats who are my best friends, but when you put in work to build a relationship with a feral cat it hurts.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Anything about not worrying because he will return? I have indoor cats who are my best friends, but when you put in work to build a relationship with a feral cat it hurts.
:hellosmiley: and welcome to TCS!

Thank you for taking care of this feral cat :clapcat:

He probably got spooked by the lawn mower and leave blower and could be hiding somewhere nearby. Can you check with the landscapers if there saw the cat when they moved his house? And also can you place his house back where it was before and check if his beddings and stuffs are still intact and not soiled by the removal and work?

You can take some of his favorite treats or food and walk around the vicinity and call out his name. He should be able to recognize your voice and hopefully you can coax him back to his house.

Don't give up hope in finding him and we do hope that he'll return soon.

Please keep us updated.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have hope! They often vanish for days if spooked. The previous advice by Tabbytom is excellent. Put everything back the way he is used to it and keep calling him. When he calms down and knows it’s safe he will hear you and start his way back. I have even had a mom get s aged away from her babies but rerun weeks later. All were saved. It’s just their survival instinct. Keep doing your usual scehdule for him. Keep everything on the same routine. Look for any other place that you think he might find safe shelter. Your instincts are very sharp. Trust them to help you find him. Sometimes I think they are just sitting nearby and laughing at how we humans freak out when we can’t find them. Chances are, he is very close. Excellent job you have been doing! It sounds like you have a lot to do so it is extra special the you have been giving such loving care to him. I am glad you came to TCS. You will get great support here. Welcome! Please keep us updated. :welcomesign::rock:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WWG1WGA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
3 years later I found my way back here & thought it appropriate to update.. He did come back & is still with me.. Thank you for your input & well wishes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WWG1WGA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thats great, food for the soul.