Out of Stock.. AGAIN!!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Tried to order a case of Royal Canin PR canned cat food for Geoffrey.. OUT OF STOCK!! Checked with Royal Canin-- out of stock..
I cannot find anyplace that has it.. no where on line!! I am furious!!

I have another case, but, Geoffrey is suddenly loving the canned food... dam..

Why why why!! I will call Vets off, but I doubt if they will have any.. dam

I hate to change him over to a new protein.. I do have a lot of dry food for him, but I would prefer he eat the wet/canned! Dam RC.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know if it's the right one but check Amazon, I saw what might be the one you're looking for.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you've said this is too expensive. But it may be a good backup or bridge food to get you from here until the next time you can get RC PR again.

RAWZ 96% Rabbit Cat Can

And you can order it by the can in case you want to run the flavor past him before launching into a case.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if it's the right one but check Amazon, I saw what might be the one you're looking for.
Yes, I saw that also.. it was $280 for a case... who knows how legit the seller is. only one seller...

I know you've said this is too expensive. But it may be a good backup or bridge food to get you from here until the next time you can get RC PR again.

RAWZ 96% Rabbit Cat Can

And you can order it by the can in case you want to run the flavor past him before launching into a case.
I am going to order some. Thank you again..

https://www.petcarerx.com/royal-can...-pr-loaf-in-sauce-canned-cat-food/24906#38954

GOT SOME HERE hope your in US. Need your vet to call in the perscription.
24 cans for 95.00
I will try!!! right now.. Vet will approve it.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I saw that also.. it was $280 for a case... who knows how legit the seller is. only one seller...

Probably just a third party seller buying a case from somewhere and selling it on Amazon for at least double the price knowing that there is a shortage and people will pay anything to have food to feed to the pet:bat:

Call around to vet hospitals in the area and ask if they have any of the food in stock. You may need to show a prescription from Dr. B when you go to buy the food.

Does Dr. B have suggestions on other brands Geofferey could possibly eat?

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
daftcat75 daftcat75 I just ordered a few cans. I hate like heck to switch, because I am giving him RC Dry.. but, it if has to be, it has to be..

If Geoffrey does not go for it, or it does not agree with him, I will donate it to Angell Medical Center.

The case is just as expensive as the prescription RC... go figure.. The price on RC increased by $20 over 5 weeks!! and out of stock!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Probably just a third party seller buying a case from somewhere and selling it on Amazon for at least double the price knowing that there is a shortage and people will pay anything to have food to feed to the pet:bat:

Call around to vet hospitals in the area and ask if they have any of the food in stock. You may need to show a prescription from Dr. B when you go to buy the food.

Does Dr. B have suggestions on other brands Geofferey could possibly eat?
I do not think so... I am the one who put him on the rabbit. I could switch to RC venison, but I would like to keep with the rabbit, especially since I have a couple bags of the dry. With everything going on with him, I hate to have to transition him, at this point to a different protein, never mind a different brand..

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rabbit is working for Geoffrey, right? Does it have to be prescription? Maybe look into these as possible replacements if the Royal Canin shortage continues:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Thank You for all your help. :heartshape:

I used the prescription stuff because, with Artie, the clay in Natures Variety rabbit, was not good for his megacolon. I could see the pieces of it coming out in his stool---when he had loose stools. There were not many options of rabbit available at that time. For some reason, I did not choose venison. Which I should have, because it seems to be more readily available from RC.. I kept thinking, 'Bambi'..... stupid me....

Strange thing is: I woke up, looked at my emails, I got one from Petflow. This was for the RC rabbit!! I had purchased it from them, before, when there was a shortage. I do not know how the knew I was searching for it, again. It is in stock with them. I just ordered 3 cases; just waiting for script for them. fingers crossed they do not run out before they get it.

I wonder how they know that I needed it? I did not put it on auto delivery, as I do with Chewy. I guess the Bots are everywhere. If they can keep this in supply, then I may switch from Chewy to them for future orders. If I get this order, we are ok for a while. Geoffrey is eating 1/2 can a day. I would rather he eat more wet than dry.

I am beginning to hate Royal Canin because of the shortages.

I did try Freely, with Geoffrey; this was before the diagnosis and the prednisolone prescription. He did not care for it, and he vomited a lot of it. I still have a case in here, for extreme emergencies. I donated a few cases to Angell--only 12 in a case, small cans.

If all comes through, I will have enough food for him, for a long time. Yes, I am a hoarder. I would rather hoard his food, than my stuff.

(((hugs)))

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tried to order a case of Royal Canin PR canned cat food for Geoffrey.. OUT OF STOCK!! Checked with Royal Canin-- out of stock..

I hate to change him over to a new protein.. I do have a lot of dry food for him, but I would prefer he eat the wet/canned! Dam RC.
Can you have then sent from abroad?

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You to ALL.. All of my friends! love you. :grouphug::rock::rock::rock:

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise

I hope you find some soon! This out of stock stuff is stressful as hell! I started stocking up their food because of it, but that gets expensive to do really fast.

Hope you find some soon! I'm sure you already did, but did you check amazon?

I found that when chewy is out of stock of our dogs dry food, amazon seems to often have it.