Our Sweet Arthur

James_boxscoop

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone :-)

On Oct. 6th we lost our little bengal named Arthur. We received her as a boy and soon learned she was a she :-) hence the name. She was just 2.5 years old and we were incredibly bonded. I’m an engineer and work often from home and she stayed with me day and night... always having to be in the same room.

The engineering side of me refused to accept the standard litter boxes and we actually started a company inspired by her. It was going well, as we struggling along as a new company, and on Oct. 6th when I had just finished some designs I walked into our bedroom and found her passed away on the floor. I’ve lost a lot of close people over the years but never experienced such heartbreak as this. It’s just impossible to accept sometimes yet it’s reality so we have to. I’m mad I wasn’t there and I replay those moments over and over. She had HCM and it took her suddenly. We decided to push forward with the litter box she inspired but it’s been overwhelming knowing she won’t be here for our second version. The rainbow bridge is a beautiful way to phrase it and I try to be happy for her but it’s crazy how attached we become to our cats. They are all so unique proud and special.

Attachments

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arthur was simply wonderful, stunning, beautiful.
No wonder that Up There they might have wanted her badly.
Her beauty will make the Bridge shine more than ever.

I understand you feeling guilty for not being there, I wasn't there too when my cat passed away 15 weeks ago...

RIP Arthur, you will be missed, but your inspiration will stay forever!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

James_boxscoop

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry you experienced the same heart break. I’ve lost pets before but never so suddenly like this and never so bonded. Thanks for the kind words and sorry for your loss as well :)
My sister passed from Cancer 15 hours later which was also extremely tough. I was not going to include that info but on your Up comment I truly believe Arthur left us to guide her Up there. Thats what I want to believe.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister passed from Cancer 15 hours later which was also extremely tough. I was not going to include that info but on your Up comment I truly believe Arthur left us to guide her Up there. Thats what I want to believe.
This is a nice thing to believe.
Cats are magic, and can do magic things. I'm sure Arthur's help was needed somewhere else, and being her a generous cat, she didn't say no.
Be proud of the legacy Arthur left behind!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure little Arthur will continue to live on through your designs, may God be with you too to give comfort and inspiration. The bond you have with that little girl is something that you will always carry, it is a part of your soul. "Death cannot take that which never dies", and your love for her will continue on for eternity. She is as close as your thoughts and prayers, she lives on through you now, so live the life she wants for someone she loves so much, full of joy and the miracle of life. Just as you would want for her if you were the first to go.
Try not to dwell on her end, it brings nothing but heartache and truly changes nothing. Celebrate the time you shared with her, you were truly blessed to have each other and know that kind of love.
My heart goes out to you, I know how much this hurts and how long it takes to heal a broken heart. You never get over it, you learn to live with it.....Take care....rIP beautiful Arthur. You brought so much joy and love to one who will forever hold you dear in a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your losses, that's so difficult to bear. I agree with you, Arthur was needed somewhere else and it's nice to think that she and your sister are together. And even though you weren't there, kitties don't fear death, it is a natural part of life and the circle. The important thing is that she knows how much you loved her and she was able to pass in her home surrounded by your love. She was happy and cared for and holds no grudges. Rest in peace Arthur, you were beautiful and a wonderful companion.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Little Arthur, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Too soon, far, far too soon. But where there is love, and eternity is not long enough, is it? I will say this, love never dies. It only changes form, and continues on, still Love. And Love abides. She walks with you always.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your losses, with the others I believe Arthur chose to be with your sister.

From what I've read HCM death is usually sudden. It's quite likely that he slipped away in a few moments, without pain and without fear.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your losses, what a beautiful little girl. They are both fine now and together and you will see them again one day and it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Condolences on losing precious Arthur - she was such a beauty and very blessed to be the treasure of your heart. She was given a loving family who obviously doted on her and even though her days here on earth were far too few, they were good days & that is about the best situation that any of us can wish for.
I like to listen to certain songs when I lose a loved one,whether people person or animal person (such as Roger Whitaker's "The Last Goodbye" or the gospel song "I'll Fly Away-O! Glory!". For my Manx cat Joey who died at only age 5, I kept a journal. Please share with the rest of us what you have found helpful in the grieving process- dealing with death is a painful path that we all must walk sometime. :grouphug:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For my Manx cat Joey who died at only age 5, I kept a journal. Please share with the rest of us what you have found helpful in the grieving process- dealing with death is a painful path that we all must walk sometime. :grouphug:
I admire you for the strength of keeping a journal. Inside me there has always been something that keeps me from dealing with my past cats' stuff for a long time.
Writing about them would be, to me, like touching their things, their souls, their lives. I couldn't do that.
I admire you!