Our New Bedtime Routine

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, all!

This is Autumn- Daddy's over there curled up in the fetal position and crying after another brutal day at work, so I'm typing this out today.

A few days ago, Daddy looked into one of the tanks for the "other pets" (as if Daddy could ever love anybody but me). I think it was the snake, Nagini. Anyways, he looked into it and started crying. Really, really hard. He kept spraying the tank and telling the snake to stop moving, that she'll be okay, blah blah blah. Something about a "prolapsed cloaca". I Googled it, and it's really gross, you guys.

Well, Daddy was really stressing out because our vet wasn't open until Monday. Fortunately, he found another vet and got Nagini patched up (though why he insists on having "other pets" is beyond me. Hoomans, amirite?). But he's been really stressed and anxious and depressed lately from that and everything else that's been going on. So naturally, I came to the rescue.

Every night since then, our bedtime routine has been for me to climb into bed and purr and snuggle for about ten minutes before going off on my rounds to make sure the "other pets" (-hiss-) keep in line. I've never snuggled like that on my own before- I like to think of it as Bast's gift to humanity, given through the amazing goddess-on-earth that is me. I know, I really am altruistic.

So that's our new bedtime routine. Now I'm gonna go smack Daddy's face until he feeds me- I've been waiting two whole minutes and my bowl is still only 7/8 full!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last night, I spent the entire night in bed with Daddy- or so /he/ thinks. Of course I snuck off for snacks and to glare at the rabbit in her sleep. Little mob boss bunny thinks she rules the roost... I showed /her/- Oh no, here she comes, quick, act natural. -innocent whistling-